Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    some people need that though, as long as there not arrogant or big headed about it. you'd never know what good qualities you have. :)

look man, everyones insecure about something, no one is perfect, if everyone was perfect, whats the point to life? there'd be nothing to work or improve on. Don't feel guilty at all. you've got nothing to feel guilty about.

Take a look at the NHS or go see your GP if you want councelling.
    feel better dude. :)
  • Options
    just try and see if you can get help-you can do it
  • Options
    Why can't I stop cutting myself? I've done it 3 times since Saturday...:(
  • Options
    andy i love you lots :heart:
  • Options
    Why do i keep turning back to harming-why cant i just stop-i hate it now-im not just hurting myself anymore-its effecting other people-how rubbish am i
  • Options
    Ok so i've been off work since december with my depression, was supposed to go back on mon cos i "was" feeling better as id been on hol but it soon went back to feeling shit.

Anyway i havent spoke to work because i just cant mentally face it, they have had sick notes which run for another 2 weeks, they haven't paid me today. wtf do i do.

i just wanna crawl in a hole and stay there forever, i wish people could understand what life is like when you have depression
  • Options
    One of my wounds feels sticky - anyone know why?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    One of my wounds feels sticky - anyone know why?

Hey, don't really know why this is, but i'd just like to say that ive read a few of your posts recently, and i sympathise with you a lot.

Its been almost a week now since i last cut, and the urge is almost unbearable. I think the only thing that has stopped me is the fact that i have my lil brother staying with me, and don't want to do anything like that whilst he is here. Problem is, he goes away on monday, and i feel so tempted.
  • Options
    jordy wrote: »
    Hey, don't really know why this is, but i'd just like to say that ive read a few of your posts recently, and i sympathise with you a lot.

Its been almost a week now since i last cut, and the urge is almost unbearable. I think the only thing that has stopped me is the fact that i have my lil brother staying with me, and don't want to do anything like that whilst he is here. Problem is, he goes away on monday, and i feel so tempted.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm slightly worried now, because I think a friend of mine might (by readin what I've said on here) find out I've still not got help, not told my parents and can\'t stop cutting myself. (well, 3 times since Saturday)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that.

I'm slightly worried now, because I think a friend of mine might (by readin what I've said on here) find out I've still not got help, not told my parents and can\'t stop cutting myself. (well, 3 times since Saturday)

I know it easy for me to say as an outsider, but might it be a good thing for her to find out? It may be the gentle push you need to getting the help you deserve. What is stopping you reaching out and getting the help that you deserve?
  • Options
    After the way he keeps reacting, I think it's not a good thing (when he found out, he basically asked loads of questions and acted like it was nothing. About 4/5 weeks ago, he accused me of slashing my wrists if he stays away from me. And he can't seem to understand anything I've told him)

The main reason why I've not got help yet is because I'm scared about what might happen if my parents, tutors (one of them knows something is wrong I think) and manager at my work placement find out.
  • Options
    After the way he keeps reacting, I think it's not a good thing (when he found out, he basically asked loads of questions and acted like it was nothing. About 4/5 weeks ago, he accused me of slashing my wrists if he stays away from me. And he can't seem to understand anything I've told him)

The main reason why I've not got help yet is because I'm scared about what might happen if my parents, tutors (one of them knows something is wrong I think) and manager at my work placement find out.

It pains me when i read this as your way of thinking is almost identical to my own. Nobody is aware of the fact that i cut, (except my counsellor that i have just started seeing), and nor would i want them to find out. However i have realised that i am seriously not coping alone, and so i have finally (after a good 1-2 years) decided to let someone in. Can you not speak to your gp about this? Thaaat way it will be treated in confidence, and he'll be able to help
  • Options
    I have been told to do that but just haven't got around to doing it. And I'm such a wimp - I walked past the doctor's surgery twice last week and just couldn't go in there and ask for an appointment. :(
  • Options
    I have been told to do that but just haven't got around to doing it. And I'm such a wimp - I walked past the doctor's surgery twice last week and just couldn't go in there and ask for an appointment. :(

Again i understand where u r cumin from. It took me three months apporox to book an appointment. But when i did i felt so relieved. It was like i finally had someone who would listen and not judge me.

I admit, things still are far from perfect for me, and my cutting problems are still bad. But i do believe that if i hadn't had gone for help i may not be here now. I still have those thought, and thats why i still cut, but i feel they are a little less strong now. You really should give it a go Sofie. What have you to lose? Next time your near the surgery, be brave. Stroll straight in there and get yourself the help you deserve.
  • Options
    gettin help is hard-it took me ages and after i started gettin help i stopped going almost straight away and it was a stupid thing to do- i want to go back now but i dont feel i can-try and get help cos you dont really want to be stuck doing this for the rest of your life really do you?
  • Options
    hm. why do down days just spring up on you so suddenly?
  • Options
    hm. why do down days just spring up on you so suddenly?

Because that just the way it goes sometimes, you can be fine for ages and then *bam* it hits you. You know where I'am if you want a rant.
  • Options
    hey

i want to tell my parents bout my harming but im not sure how to go about it-has anyone got any tips?
  • Options
    hey

i want to tell my parents bout my harming but im not sure how to go about it-has anyone got any tips?

I was talking to someone on the Recover Your Life live chat thing (it's basically for support) and they suggested a letter. The following link is a link to a letter someone wrote: http://www.recoveryourlife.com/Self_Harm_Recovery/9033.aspx

I might have a few more artivles on telling parents and whether or not you're ready - I will look for them later.
  • Options
    thank you-I think there gonna go crazy though-really scared
  • Options
    I feel the same way. Prepare yourself for them asking you loads of questions - I've found that nearly everyone I've told, will ask questions. Whether or not they've been there themseleves, they will ask questions about some personal stuff.
  • Options
    I know there going to ask why i do it and i cant answer that cos i cant hurt them by saying that it relates back to them a bit

I really dont want to hurt them
  • Options
  • Options
    Wow,

Ive just read the recover your life links and found them really interesting.

I know that sooner rather than later, i'll need to tell my mum that i self harm, as it is getting to the stage that i can't cope at all. Suicidal thoughts are constamtly in my mind, and my head feel so full all the time of thoughts and emotions that i feel as though i am going to burst.

Its so hard finding the right time though, as my mum suffers really bad from depression, and has recently took an overdose. I just don't ever think there will be a right time to tell her as she will blame herself entirely.

Its hard to tell her too, because a major reason i self harm is to block out painful thoughts i have that stem from her. Will life ever get easier?
  • Options
    thanks for the links-not sure if im quite ready-know that i want to but not sure if i can cope-really not strong at the moment and got no other support

jordy-good luck
  • Options
    Jordy - f I was you, I'd wait a while. Just so your mum get slightly better. (how is she now?)
  • Options
    Jordy - f I was you, I'd wait a while. Just so your mum get slightly better. (how is she now?)

Thanks. Im going to. Don't think i could tell her at present.

She is actually being a right bitch to me at present because i said i couldn't really cope with looking after my brother for much longer. I don't mean to be horrible to her, but i am suffering at uni, and i have no money and haven't any food in for him. I've had him for a couple of weeks now when it was only siupposed to be for a few days anyway.

I think she's too busy at the pub, to consider just how bad i am at the minute. I can barely look after myself, let alone my brother as well. I could really do without all the shouting she's giving me down the phone.
  • Options
    I'm always here if you ever want to vent anything jordy or anyone

take care

xx
  • Options
    I'm always here if you ever want to vent anything jordy or anyone

take care

xx

Thanks hyper person. Think i may just start venting a little bit more on here. Might help a little

Hope you're ok

x x x
  • Options
    I'll be fine just got to learn to keep my self harm more secret to stop hurting people though i do want to tell my parents

venting will probably help you