Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ghost car

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Trick or not, it gave me goosebumps.

But at the point where it appears "in the blink of an eye", it seemed like the film was cut. The same could have happened with the fence.
    Otherwise, maybe it has its lights off then turned them on, and the fence can slide out of the way or something.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thats a tad freaky when you think about it. but it could easily just be some hoax, like that fence wasnt there when that car got there, and when the camera lost sight of it, some guys ran with some fencing and held it there for the camera, all wearing dark jumpsuits of course
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The vast majority is easily recogniseable there as editing tricks - especially the "appearing" bit it blatantly cut film. The "super natural" speed is sped up film.

As for hte fence, he could have found a way around, past it, and as said - guys run in the fencing and place it there in time, perhaps he found it open had a mate hop out and move it back into position, then leg it.

I fail to see anything particularly convincing about that. If it were a "ghost car" per se, the majority of ghost cars encountered and far older - and when the registrations are checked, it is usually found to have been that it and its owners had met a very grizly end - say some tragic acident, off a bridge, head on into a truck, hit and run deaths, car crashes and ignites, etc. The cars tend to be late 70's mopars or older, going back to the 30's/40's.

This is some Early 90's box by the looks of things.

Just my honest opinion.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Nah, dont think thats real at all. I believe in ghosts and what not, but dont think thats any sort of supernatural thing at all.

Has definately been edited as Indrid said. there are at least 3 moments where even I could tell that it had been cut.
    Its all trick of the cameras, blatent editing etc. Ghost cars reported sightings are a lot more of the type Gerbil listed.
    That's funny, that police chase happened in Missoula Montana where I'm currently living/going to school.

eery stuff. And by the way, the sped up footage was there because the chase would have taken too long to show unless they edited the footage.
    that is so cool
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    The vast majority is easily recogniseable there as editing tricks - especially the "appearing" bit it blatantly cut film. The "super natural" speed is sped up film.

As for hte fence, he could have found a way around, past it, and as said - guys run in the fencing and place it there in time, perhaps he found it open had a mate hop out and move it back into position, then leg it.

I fail to see anything particularly convincing about that. If it were a "ghost car" per se, the majority of ghost cars encountered and far older - and when the registrations are checked, it is usually found to have been that it and its owners had met a very grizly end - say some tragic acident, off a bridge, head on into a truck, hit and run deaths, car crashes and ignites, etc. The cars tend to be late 70's mopars or older, going back to the 30's/40's.

This is some Early 90's box by the looks of things.

Just my honest opinion.

Party pooper ;):p
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    star* wrote: »
    Why would ghosts have cars? :p

Why the hell not? It's faster than walking.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    Why the hell not? It's faster than walking.
    Or, um, floating.
    that shit me up! xx
    Trick or not, it gave me goosebumps.

But at the point where it appears "in the blink of an eye", it seemed like the film was cut. The same could have happened with the fence.
    Otherwise, maybe it has its lights off then turned them on, and the fence can slide out of the way or something.

Yeah, it's been cut... The blink of an eye my... :blush: