Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Subway

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:) :hyper: Who likes it?? :yes: :yum:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I hate it. The veggie options mainly consist of rubbery cheese and barely any fruit or veg. It's overpriced, the bread is tasteless and it's dull.

Something for if I'm REALLY desperate.
    Delicious. The salad is always so crisp and tastey, love all the breads, especially the herbs and cheese and the meat always tastes fresh and tastey. Love the south west sauce too.
    Wasn't too keen on the meatballs though.
    :eek: never had one!!

was talking to me sister this morning though, and apparently after christmas while i was at uni (got back yesterday) we have FINALLY got one on the island!!

think i might have to go there some time and try it out.. hear theyre nice :yes:
    It's American corporate plastic shite, and people who think that it is tasty and delicious obviously have defective taste buds. It tastes of bland, like all corporate food, lest a flavour upsets a customer.

There will be at least 10 sandwich shops in any decent town which are better than Subway, but all these will close down because people go for the corporate bland shite every time. Like Starbucks, Subway is a cancer on this country's towns and cities.
    boo to kermit
    Well it is plastic shite for plastic people.
    Kermit wrote: »
    It's American corporate plastic shite, and people who think that it is tasty and delicious obviously have defective taste buds. It tastes of bland, like all corporate food, lest a flavour upsets a customer.

There will be at least 10 sandwich shops in any decent town which are better than Subway, but all these will close down because people go for the corporate bland shite every time. Like Starbucks, Subway is a cancer on this country's towns and cities.

lol we've had this debate before and I'm baffled that, that is how it tastes to you! It always tastes like a really fresh home made sandwich to me. I wonder if it depends on the staff from shop to shop.

There will be at least 10 sandwich shops in any decent town which are better than Subway.

But will they be baking there own bread all day long??

Will they be open at 8:30pm??

And if You have the sub of the day it'll be a damn sight cheaper than a regular sandwhich shop.
    Subway is the best ! its all about a classic tuna on white Italian bread, peppers, onions and cucumber with a lil bit of mayo, i dont think subway is over priced, McDonalds charges about the same and its unhealthy and you're hungry after an hour of eating it. Subway rules :thumb:

absolutely.

:thumb:
    Sub of the Day my arse. £3.00 for a lump of soggy bread with a bit of tasteless crap hoyed in the middle. Yummy.

Within five minutes of this office there are four excellent sandwich shops and cafes that do better food, and cheaper, than Subway's plastic shite. Thankfully a lot of the office workers still go there rather than Subway, but how long that will last I dunno.

Fair enough if you're a plastic person that wants to eat plastic shite, but I'm not, and the reason why every town centre in this country is a festival of shite is because people go for the plastic brand rather than the independent quality. I get my fruit, veg and meat from the market, and I get my coffee, sandwiches and cakes from the local cafes- much cheaper, much better, and it keeps my city's individuality.

McDonalds' sandwiches are actually healthier than Subway, for the record, which goes to show just how easily gullible morons are taken in with bollocks-spiel about "quality" and "freshness". Subway rolls are part-baked in a factory just like everything else from a big chain- warming them in a microwave doesn't count as "fresh baked".
    Sub of the Day my arse. £3.00 for a lump of soggy bread with a bit of tasteless crap hoyed in the middle. Yummy.

Within five minutes of this office there are four excellent sandwich shops and cafes that do better food, and cheaper, than Subway's plastic shite. Thankfully a lot of the office workers still go there rather than Subway, but how long that will last I dunno.

Fair enough if you're a plastic person that wants to eat plastic shite, but I'm not, and the reason why every town centre in this country is a festival of shite is because people go for the plastic brand rather than the independent quality. I get my fruit, veg and meat from the market, and I get my coffee, sandwiches and cakes from the local cafes- much cheaper, much better, and it keeps my city's individuality.

McDonalds' sandwiches are actually healthier than Subway, for the record, which goes to show just how easily gullible morons are taken in with bollocks-spiel about "quality" and "freshness". Subway rolls are part-baked in a factory just like everything else from a big chain- warming them in a microwave doesn't count as "fresh baked".

3 quid get you a cookie/crisps plus a soft drink with refills.

The filling is not "hoyed" in, Thats an insult to the staff who are actually very careful and polite.

I eat Subway, therefor I'm "plastic" how does that work then??

McDonalds is'nt healthy, see that "I'm never going to mcdonalds again thread"

There bread is pretty bloody fresh as far as I'm concerned and is definatly not "microwaved".

And I do still go to My local bakery, only there sold out by 1.

I do hope subway dos'ent kill My town sense of originality of whatever buzz word is appilcable.
    Jarvey you are taking this very personally :razz:

It's probably a good thing that butty shops are sold out after lunchtime (though that's not my experience) as it might, y'know, gently push people back into ye olde days when you didn't eat every five minutes on a whim or the very second you had a wee hunger pang.

The only nice subway I have ever had was in a German airport, I have never enjoyed one here but I suspect that is a lot to do with the shite veggie options as Namaste said.
    briggi wrote: »
    Jarvey you are taking this very personally :razz:

It's probably a good thing that butty shops are sold out after lunchtime (though that's not my experience) as it might, y'know, gently push people back into ye olde days when you didn't eat every five minutes on a whim or the very second you had a wee hunger pang.

The only nice subway I have ever had was in a German airport, I have never enjoyed one here but I suspect that is a lot to do with the shite veggie options as Namaste said.

Yeah I sound quite angry don't I!!
    YES YOU DO! :mad:

:p
    I don't see the attraction. It seems very overpriced to me and I'd rather not support American companies...I prefer local businesses.

Plus the subs of the day never have anything I can eat (they always have red meat or pork in).
    Jarvey, what on earth are you spunking on about. Subway is a huge American corporate chain, its as plastic as plastic can be. People who think that its the very epitome of freshness and taste are fools who should be pitied. The only times I've eaten Subway is at 3am when I've been trollied- its better than a kebab, I suppose.

McDonalds' sandwiches are more healthy than Subway's sandwiches, its been proven. They're not healthy, but that's my point. A bit of crsip lettuce doesn't make a Big Mac good for you, and it doesn't make a Triple Meatball Marinara good for you either.
    Jarvey, what on earth are you spunking on about. Subway is a huge American corporate chain, its as plastic as plastic can be. People who think that its the very epitome of freshness and taste are fools who should be pitied. The only times I've eaten Subway is at 3am when I've been trollied- its better than a kebab, I suppose.

McDonalds' sandwiches are more healthy than Subway's sandwiches, its been proven. They're not healthy, but that's my point. A bit of crsip lettuce doesn't make a Big Mac good for you, and it doesn't make a Triple Meatball Marinara good for you either.

A sandwhich is a bloody sandwhich how can you tell me the one from the sandwhich bar is better, have you been to My sandwhich bar??

Btw some sandwhich bars charge a quid from a 500ml bottle of coke.
    If a sandwich is a sandwich then why wank on about how great some plastic tasteless Yank crap is?

Why are you taking everything so personally? Subway is plastic Yank crap, people who eat there regularly have defective taste buds, end of discussion. It goes to show how great their marketing is that you're prepared to fight so much for their "good" name. It's corporate shite like so much of everything is these days. It irritates the hell out of me that people defend faceless corporate shite like this, but will happily see all their local shops go out of business.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I, personally, don't like Subway.

Also, the people who worked in the one I have been to a few times were rude, unfriendly and unprofessional. That puts me off going in again.
    If a sandwich is a sandwich then why wank on about how great some plastic tasteless Yank crap is?

Why are you taking everything so personally? Subway is plastic Yank crap, people who eat there regularly have defective taste buds, end of discussion. It goes to show how great their marketing is that you're prepared to fight so much for their "good" name. It's corporate shite like so much of everything is these days. It irritates the hell out of me that people defend faceless corporate shite like this, but will happily see all their local shops go out of business.

I not taking it personly, however I don't wan't people being put of by You, I'm just saying the possitives.

Now You sound very angry, pehaps You should calm down with a nice Italian B.M.T. (Big Meat Treat) Fresh Value Meal only 2.99 :thumb:
    Subway is bad mmm'kay. Everone who ever ate there is plastic, has damaged taste buds and should be publically executed. You hear me? you are fake, you subway nazis!!!

Jesus effing christ on a stick, can't you just turn down two notches?
    We get your sentiments about subway, but we'd get them as well if you stayed a bit more factually and did not go below the waistline. Some people enjoy it and had good experiences, some do not. period.
    People that work there are called "sandwich artists" :lol: says it all!
    Why are you taking everything so personally? Subway is plastic Yank crap, people who eat there regularly have defective taste buds, end of discussion.

Hahahahahaha
    I used to like the morning bacon n egg sub - with a coffee.

I'd go just that little bit later so they would run out of the muffin type things, and have to put it in the "italian and cheese" bread.

gorgeous.
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    People that work there are called "sandwich artists" :lol: says it all!

lol
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Subway is bad mmm'kay. Everone who ever ate there is plastic, has damaged taste buds and should be publically executed. You hear me? you are fake, you subway nazis!!!

What on earth are you on about?

The reason why every town centre in the whole damn world looks the same is because people go on about how amazingly great some plastic corporate crap is. Subway is mediocre at best. That's fine, but I can make a better sandwich at home for about 20p. It's plastic crap.

I don't like the whole plastic corporate shite we have going on now. I go to another UK town and its Subway and Starbucks. I go to Sydney and its Subway and Starbucks. I go to Munich, to Salzburg, to China, and its Subway and Starbucks. If that doesn't depress you nothing will.

I honestly think that if you reckon that a Subway sandwich is fantastic you have not been exposed to proper food. I find that tragic more than anything. It's like claiming that a Big Mac is the highlight of culinary experience. It's stupid. It's mediocre tasteless overpriced rubbish. People who think that its the best thing ever clearly have defective tastebuds.

I don't like the whole plastic corporate shite we have going on now. I go to another UK town and its Subway and Starbucks. I go to Sydney and its Subway and Starbucks. I go to Munich, to Salzburg, to China, and its Subway and Starbucks. If that doesn't depress you nothing will.

If that dos'ent depress you nothing will, one of the most ridiculuos statements I've ever read on here.

I'm tired of this argument now.
    What on earth are you on about?

The reason why every town centre in the whole damn world looks the same is because people go on about how amazingly great some plastic corporate crap is. Subway is mediocre at best. That's fine, but I can make a better sandwich at home for about 20p. It's plastic crap.

I honestly think that if you reckon that a Subway sandwich is fantastic you have not been exposed to proper food. I find that tragic more than anything. It's like claiming that a Big Mac is the highlight of culinary experience. It's stupid. It's mediocre tasteless overpriced rubbish. People who think that its the best thing ever clearly have defective tastebuds.

The real question is, what are YOU on about?

I am not defending Subway, because I never had a sandwich from there. It's just that you are insulting people who DO eat there and DO enjoy their sandwich there.

I've been to london numerous times and everything I ever ate there (except self-cooked) at different families or fast food-wise in hot dog booths was so abominable that I wanted to put my stomach in the washing machine, but I do not rub it under peoples noses that they should start eating something halfway decent.

Some people enjoy their subway and MAYBE have not come across something better, or are just too lazy to make their own shopping and preparing for a better sandwich at home.

Condemn Subway for you - personally, I am fine with it, but do not condemn people who eat there, you did not rent the culinary truth and there will ALWAYS be somebody looking down on you for what kind of processed diarrhea you are eating there.
    It's less about Subway vs. particular local sandwich shop and more about the really worrying trend of people blindly flocking to the well-known chain because of carefully worded advertising that leads them to believe that this is the thinking person's healthy option which puts them a cut above Joe Bloggs who scoffs McDonalds like it's going out of fashion. It's about identikit, clone high streets. The bigger picture, if you like.

(Cue: "I don't caaaaare, I just want to eat my meatball sub a la Joey from Friends. Snarf, guzzle etc".)

Also, word to those in the NE, one of my pals works in the Grey St Subway and she has warned me in no uncertain terms never to eat there (she won't even take freebies after work etc). This from the girl who will eat in any number of local scuzzy kebab shops. I never asked for the specifics, I have the feeling living in ignorance is bliss :thumb:
This discussion has been closed.