Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I hate the old bill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last week me and a friend parked up to have a spliff, and surprise surprise the old bill turned up, took our stash and did the usual, they then tried giving us the scare tactics telling us to grass up who we got it from, obvisouly we aint gonna do that and gave them some random number we got from a night out with a fake name, they took it and left us alone, then today my mum gets a call from the police tellin her what happened and that i've been in this situation before ! Its not like im a child im 19 years old ! surely they not allowed to do this as its private and im an adult !

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They can do whatever they like, consider yourself lucky, you got away with nothing other than maybe a bollocking from your mum, in yesteryear you would have a criminal record.

If a copper is in the position to arrest you (which he is if you are caught with puff) then be polite, look and act as though you are sorry, plus calling them sir normally helps.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    budda wrote: »
    They can do whatever they like, consider yourself lucky, you got away with nothing other than maybe a bollocking from your mum, in yesteryear you would have a criminal record.

If a copper is in the position to arrest you (which he is if you are caught with puff) then be polite, look and act as though you are sorry, plus calling them sir normally helps.

I'd be polite because it avoids trouble, but I wouldn't give them any of that sir bollocks - that's for people I repsect. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    yea i mean we were i was shitting myself lol but it wasn't even that copper who was involved ringin up and as if im gonna spill the beans to my parents lol
    Skive wrote: »
    I'd be polite because it avoids trouble, but I wouldn't give them any of that sir bollocks - that's for people I repsect. :D

It has nothing to do with whether or not you respect them, its to do with knowing who has all the power and who has none.
    K.N.S wrote: »
    Its not like im a child im 19 years old ! surely they not allowed to do this as its private and im an adult !

I got arrested when I was 17 for Cannabis and they CAN'T tell your parents if you're over 17. Even one of the cops that nicked me admitted that, when the other pig tried to be a snidy cunt and take me home.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I got arrested when I was 17 for Cannabis and they CAN'T tell your parents if you're over 17. Even one of the cops that nicked me admitted that, when the other pig tried to be a snidy cunt and take me home.

Of course they can, it may be against the rules, and you may be able to put a complaint against them, but they certainly can do it.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    K.N.S wrote: »
    Last week me and a friend parked up to have a spliff, and surprise surprise the old bill turned up, took our stash and did the usual, they then tried giving us the scare tactics telling us to grass up who we got it from, obvisouly we aint gonna do that and gave them some random number we got from a night out with a fake name, they took it and left us alone, then today my mum gets a call from the police tellin her what happened and that i've been in this situation before ! Its not like im a child im 19 years old ! surely they not allowed to do this as its private and im an adult !

What actually made them search the car? Did they see the spliff or something when passing? Ive been lucky when it comes to the same situation, they aint ever found any of my stash ;)
    If a copper is in the position to arrest you (which he is if you are caught with puff)

they don't tend to arrest for smoking some weed if you admit it, and if they don't know its your regular habit. then you should just get warned. as for your parents, the police are not obliged by confidentiality or anything. it might not be appropriate but thats life.
    otter wrote: »
    they don't tend to arrest for smoking some weed if you admit it, and if they don't know its your regular habit. then you should just get warned.

Of course, they dont have to arrest you, and in most cases they dont, but they can and its worth remembering, all the old penalties are still on the books and still can be used.
    :confused::confused: that sentence doesnt make sense

The last cant, should have been can. It makes sense now.
    Of course they can, it may be against the rules, and you may be able to put a complaint against them, but they certainly can do it.
    Still a stupid thing to say IMO!
    There not allowed to twat you in the face with a cosh but of course they can, it may be against the rules, and you may be able put a complaint against them, BUT THEY CERTAINLY CAN DO IT!! :rolleyes:
    If its against the rules they shouldn't fucking do it, cops think there above all rules and laws and that pisses me off, they think "1 rule for us, another for them".
    I'd try and complain, doubt owt will get done cos most things like this get brushed under the carpet by our inept police force!!
    Still a stupid thing to say IMO!
    There not allowed to twat you in the face with a cosh but of course they can, it may be against the rules, and you may be able put a complaint against them, BUT THEY CERTAINLY CAN DO IT!! :rolleyes:
    If its against the rules they shouldn't fucking do it, cops think there above all rules and laws and that pisses me off, they think "1 rule for us, another for them".
    I'd try and complain, doubt owt will get done cos most things like this get brushed under the carpet by our inept police force!!

Its a little different though isnt it, telling your parents or smashing you in the face. I was just trying to warn people, loads of people seem to think that they can smoke and use without any police problems which clearly isnt the case.
    Its a little different though isnt it, telling your parents or smashing you in the face. I was just trying to warn people, loads of people seem to think that they can smoke and use without any police problems which clearly isnt the case.
    Obviously I took it to the extreme to proove my point but rules are rules and should be stuck to by the powers at be (police). Really gets to me how some of them act all high n mighty as if they're above everyone and the law.
    How sad must one guy be to tell the parents of a 19 yr old that hes smoked a bit of weed!! Bet they spent more time on this lad than they did finding my nicked car!! bastards!!
    ETA - TRYING to find my nicked car, like fuck, will av recorded it and forgot about it just like everything else!!
    How did they get your mum's number or did I miss that?
    Obviously I took it to the extreme to proove my point but rules are rules and should be stuck to by the powers at be (police). Really gets to me how some of them act all high n mighty as if they're above everyone and the law.
    How sad must one guy be to tell the parents of a 19 yr old that hes smoked a bit of weed!! Bet they spent more time on this lad than they did finding my nicked car!! bastards!!
    ETA - TRYING to find my nicked car, like fuck, will av recorded it and forgot about it just like everything else!!

Of course they shouldnt ring his mum, he is in every legal sense of the word an adult and therefore should have the punishment himself. I was just saying that rules is rules and the Police dont always follow them, especially it seems with stop and search.

Having said that when my car was nicked they were great and I got it back the same night. Its a mixed bag.