Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moral Dilema

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ahh, postman game this morning, totaly unexpected at their were 2 packages, the top one was for me.

Being the child that i am, my heart beat doubled at the excitement. And i accidently opened one without looking at the address.

The package was meant for my flatmate, and this is the second time i have made this mistake. What shall I do, im embarrsed to own up as whats inside is quite personal and she proberly wouldnt mant want me seeing.

The address is just a sticker, how would i go about transfering the sticker to another envelope, is there a method with steam?

Comments

• Options
    Id be a bit more careful mate, or at least be honest about your nosiness!!
    all due respect etc.

Never open letters or parcels without checking who theyre for, especially if you actually live in a shared house :eek: I have a feeling its even illegal.

Id be fucking furious if i was your flatmate. There is no excuse.
  • Options
    Tell us what was in there!

sheesh - can't post a moral dilema thread without telling us the vitals!
  • Options
    Right, so it's a dildo?

Just tape it together best you can and own up :yes:
  • Options
    Hmm, yeah what was it!?

I'm not too sure about steaming things off envelopes, I tried to do it once and just ended up with a soggy envelope :razz: If it was me I'd come clean but if you're sure that 'fessing up is a bad idea then maybe you should wrap it up again (or re-envelope it) and re-post it for it to arrive again tomorrow with postie? Pretty sly, but that's the best way to avoid a bollocking I suppose.
  • Options
    Thats the thing, if i own up it would appear much worse than it is, it was just my birthday parcels came through and she never gets mail and i just jumped the gun.

All considerd, what should i do about this mess? I would think owning up would not only make me like a physco, but would be an embarsement for her, knowing ive seen whats her in mail
  • Options
    I'd personally leave her a letter tellingher about it, then I'd hide for a few hours. But then I'm a chicken and hate confrontation like that!
  • Options
    olaola wrote: »
    Thats the thing, if i own up it would appear much worse than it is, it was just my birthday parcels came through and she never gets mail and i just jumped the gun.

All considerd, what should i do about this mess? I would think owning up would not only make me like a physco, but would be an embarsement for her, knowing ive seen whats her in mail

If you don’t own up you’ll think you’re a peeping Tom anyway, especially if it’s obvious.

It was a simple enough mistake to make.
  • Options
    nah not a dildo! i havnt looked but it had an Ann Summers leflet on the top, then some item of clothing.

I feel like a creep just that the package is sitting in my room.

panic, panic panic
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Just be honest say, my birthday parcels came through the door, I accidentally opened a parcel that was meant for you, thinking it was mine.

TBH she should appreciate the honesty
  • Options
    olaola wrote: »
    nah not a dildo! i havnt looked but it had an Ann Summers leflet on the top, then some item of clothing.

I feel like a creep just that the package is sitting in my room.

panic, panic panic
    Don't worry man. Just explain, then duck!!
  • Options
    Never open letters or parcels without checking who theyre for, especially if you actually live in a shared house :eek: I have a feeling its even illegal.

It is illegal, technically all post belongs to the Queen until it gets to the person it is sent to.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    , technically all post belongs to the Queen until it gets to the person it is sent to.

Thats just greedy
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    It is illegal, technically all post belongs to the Queen until it gets to the person it is sent to.

:lol: What!? That's fucking nuts... though I suppose... Royal Mail. I should've twigged.
  • Options
    The mail belongs to the company, the company belongs to the State, the Head of State is the Queen.

You should tell her, trying to hide it will just make it look even worse for you. And next time read the address labels first :yes:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yep, to confirm with evidence, it is illegal to open other people post. But I can't imagine the legal side of things will come into this situation.

olaola, I feel for you but have to agree with Kermit it's best to tell her and eat humble pie. She may may upset for a while but hopefully will appreciate your honesty and you could perhaps offer to make it up to her... e.g cook her a meal, take her out for a few bevvies - whatever you think she'll appreciate to show you're sincere in your apology.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    e.g cook her a meal, take her out for a few bevvies - whatever you think she'll appreciate to show you're sincere in your apology.

... Ask her to model the said items.
  • Options
    I'd be going for BritJames' suggestion too :yes:
  • Options
    she might appreciate the honesty, but tbh, if one of my flatmates kept opening my mail, id move out.
  • Options
    Wonder what happened then? :chin: