Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Brit Awards 2007!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Yas For Fratellis!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Also what is Joss Stone all about?
    She was talking so much shite.
    1983 wrote: »
    I thought that too. A few years ago she was a humble girl who had made it big in American and now she's like that :shocking:
    Anybody half way decent won anything?
    I got goose pimples with Snow Patrol! If Russell Brand does that stupid spinny thing again I hope he falls on his skinny bony little arse.
    satehen wrote: »
    Anybody half way decent won anything?

Muse?! The Fratellis?! Did you actually JUST type that?!
    Rachael wrote: »
    I got goose pimples with Snow Patrol!

Me too! I am so lucky to have felt Gary's arse! Swoon. He's so lush.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I thought that too. A few years ago she was a humble girl who had made it big in American and now she's like that :shocking:

She's such a complete ghetto wannabe plank.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

I have this on, but I missed it...what happened? I heard her singing a bit of Rehab...what was she on about?
    I was going to watch it but it's being presented by Russell Brand.

I'd rather have molten iron poured into my eyes. And my ears, so that I wouldn't be able to hear his screeching voice. And up my nose, just in case I can smell bastard.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Infinite wrote: »

I'd rather have molten iron poured into my eyes. And my ears, so that I wouldn't be able to hear his screeching voice. And up my nose, just in case I can smell bastard.

He is a right twat. And is the worst thing about this year's show. Quite liked the Chili Peppers though :thumb:
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I heard her singing a bit of Rehab...what was she on about?

Erm... that's Amy Winehouse :confused:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

Good voice but a bit of a crack whore.

Lilly Allen was robbed innit. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    hehe sounds like an amusing show. *ahemilikerusselbrandahem*

Snow Patrol = :heart:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Skive wrote: »
    Good voice but a bit of a crack whore.

Lilly Allen was robbed innit. :D

Great voice.

I like both Winehouse and Allen. Thought Allen would leave with one award. Didn't think she had much chance of the 4 she was nominated for, though.
    Infinite wrote: »

He appeals to the trendy scene people cause he's got long hair, a beard and skintight jeans. He wouldn't be half as popular if he didn't have that indie-twat chic going on.

I was out making an arse of myself last night and didn't see it, but a few points...

There's so much pish music about justnow it's scary. It's fine if you're gullible enough to beleive the long hair + guitar = talented pish that's "in" justnow, but dear God. The Fratellis (I'm ashamed to come from the same country as them), Razorlight, Snow Patrol (do the lead singers not just have faces dying for a slap?) it's all samey pish that's well marketed.

Arctic Monkeys are alright to tap your feet to, but they're pretentious cocks cause they thought they were too good to do Top Of The Pops and beleive their own hype.

Oasis rock more than the lot of them put together.

Why was there no Best Dance Act, Best Pop Act or Best Urban Act?

Never thought I'd say this, but I long for the day that this fad passes and everybody's into bland R'n'B stuff again.
    Joss Stone? She came on and started yabbering about Robbie Williams being in rehab and how he's 'so inspiring' in a deep american accent. She found her inner black soul singer. Then she sang a line from Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' and said something about Russel Brandt. YOU COME FROM DEVON, LOVE!!
    To me Liam Gallager sounded weird, i love oasis but er i was trying to figure out wtf he was doing.....

And as much as i like the sissor sisters, they are american, surely we could have had someone british open the fucking show huh?
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Joss Stone? She came on and started yabbering about Robbie Williams being in rehab and how he's 'so inspiring' in a deep american accent. She found her inner black soul singer. Then she sang a line from Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' and said something about Russel Brandt. YOU COME FROM DEVON, LOVE!!

We've never spoken before but I think I love you.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    There's so much pish music about justnow it's scary. It's fine if you're gullible enough to beleive the long hair + guitar = talented pish that's "in" justnow, but dear God. The Fratellis (I'm ashamed to come from the same country as them), Razorlight, Snow Patrol (do the lead singers not just have faces dying for a slap?) it's all samey pish that's well marketed.

YOU LIKE JASON DONOVAN AND DANCE IN BUFFALO JOES - which btw you think is the BEST club in Glasgow...WHAT?!. YOU CANNOT COMMENT ON THIS.

A CLUB WHICH HAS PUNTERS SUCH AS THIS -

62842007.jpg

63132007.jpg

52572007.jpg

SHUT IT MACRAE. :razz:
    By the sounds of it, I'm glad as hell that I didn't watch it. I'd be quite happy to lock Russell Brand in the Chockey and throw away the key.
    I enjoyed watching it, especially Amy Winehouse. Russell Brand makes me cringe though. I think he's awful.

I used to be a huge Oasis fan 10 ears ago but I found their performance disappointing last night. Liam's voice was horrible and they could have picked far better songs to sing.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    *ahemilikerusselbrandahem*

:lol:
    YOU LIKE JASON DONOVAN AND DANCE IN BUFFALO JOES - which btw you think is the BEST club in Glasgow...WHAT?!. YOU CANNOT COMMENT ON THIS.

A CLUB WHICH HAS PUNTERS SUCH AS THIS -

62842007.jpg

63132007.jpg

52572007.jpg

SHUT IT MACRAE. :razz:

I think you need to go back on the HRT, wench.

There's nothing wrong with Jason Donovan, I want to go and see him in a few weeks but nobody wants to go :mad:

Oh, and I've heard all about your little adventures in Optimo from reliable eyewitnesses, so shut your piehole, bawface :razz:
    Oh, and I've heard all about your little adventures in Optimo from reliable eyewitnesses, so shut your piehole, bawface :razz:

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit?! From who!! Names, MacRae!

This should be funny. :razz:

I never -
    Gurn.
    Have my eyes roll back in my head.

I do however (and embrace the fact) -
    Chat absolute tripe.
    Dance like a child dizzy on lemonade - thank you Noel.
    Fall over a fair bit if wearing high heels.
    Only have the ability to look out one eye if I'm proper mashed. :p
    Near enough wee myself when my favourite song comes on.
    Drop my pint glass occasionally, whoops.

What've you heard???? Haha.
    Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit?! From who!! Names, MacRae!

This should be funny. :razz:

I never -
    Gurn.
    Have my eyes roll back in my head.

I do however (and embrace the fact) -
    Chat absolute tripe.
    Dance like a child dizzy on lemonade - thank you Noel.
    Fall over a fair bit if wearing high heels.
    Only have the ability to look out one eye if I'm proper mashed. :p
    Near enough wee myself when my favourite song comes on.
    Drop my pint glass occasionally, whoops.

What've you heard???? Haha.

Loose lips sink ships.

YoudidnthearthisfrommecauseI'mnotagossiporabitchbutdidyouflirtoutrageouslywiththatindieguyDanfrommytraininggroupwhenJanine(missi'minlovewithmyself2007)wasstandingrightnexttothepairofyou.Youmaybedontknowthisbecauseyouwereapparentlyoffyourface.Dontshootthemessenger.

Over and out!
    Loose lips sink ships.

YoudidnthearthisfrommecauseI'mnotagossiporabitchbutdidyouflirtoutrageouslywiththatindieguyDanfrommytraininggroupwhenJanine(missi'minlovewithmyself2007)wasstandingrightnexttothepairofyou.Youmaybedontknowthisbecauseyouwereapparentlyoffyourface.Dontshootthemessenger.

Over and out!

OH MY GOD. I was drunk, and that was in Guru! Completey different scenario altogether, and that bitch is going down.
    OH MY GOD. I was drunk, and that was in Guru! Completey different scenario altogether, and that bitch is going down.

I think she said it was a joke at the time, but she was pissed off about it later.

She sits RIGHT behind me now. That's why I'm staying out of it, nothing to do with me and I'd only get jip for it.

I'm sure this is riveting for everybody else, back to the Brits!
    I think she said it was a joke at the time, but she was pissed off about it later.

Insecure midden, he wasn't even interested anyways. Good thing too as he was proper young, ha. Aye back to the Brits! :p
    Love you too 1983 :heart:

Don't know if you've heard radio 1 at all today but they've been ripping it out of Joss Stone for her ridiculous diva moment last night, and deservedly so. What happened to her?!