Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Firefox and scrolling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The other day one of my cats walked over my keyboard, now when i use firefox the arrow keys dont move the page up and down....it just goes to the end of the page and wont go back up.

Any ideas how i can fix this?

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    So the page just starts scrolling to the bottom right away? Or, you can scroll it down when you want, and it just won't go back up?
    Also, do the arrows work in other programs?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ok, i just restarted again...now if i press the down arrow it move all the way to the bottom right away and when i press the up arrow....it goes all the way up right away.

And my scroll lock is on, its fine on other programs but not firefox.
    Well, I think we can safely say that this has nothing to do with the cat, at least. Unless it somehow changed a setting that I don't know about.
    You said the scroll lock is on; I think the "normal" thing is for it to be off, was it always like that?

Sadly, I have nothing else to suggest. If the down arrow moves it slowly to the bottom and the up arrow takes it straight to the top, it sounds like the up arrow is working like the home button... But that it only happens in firefox is strange.
    well now its being a twat....so sod it, i give up and im shifting back to internet explorer.

Thanks anyways.
    Thanks? I deserve no thanks! I failed to save you from going back to a MICROSOFT program! :(
    I should be ashamed of myself...
    Im going to try reinstalling firefox, see what happens.
    Amira wrote: »

Download Opera
    Thanks? I deserve no thanks! I failed to save you from going back to a MICROSOFT program! :(
    I should be ashamed of myself...

Ok, Firefox is a really nice tool, but you shouldn't be like that ;) Microsoft has got some cool stuff too... It's not just bugs and viruses, now, is it?
    I use them both, cause I'm in webdesign and stuff.. and I know there are many more who use IE than Firefox, so when designing I write the code so that it goes with both of them :P
    :thumb:
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Does your down arrow key also say page down (pg dn)?
    Amira wrote: »

Did that work?