Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cups of tea a day!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how many do you have?

I always find tea puts me in a better mood, but I probly only have 1 cup a day on average as i dont have it every day (cba ;p)..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it depends really. some days I have none, some days I have 3. But on a week averaged out 1 cup a day or something sounds right.
    Atleast five, Probably usually about Ten.

If i don't have 1/2 Cups first thing in the morning I'm very grumpy :)
    Earl Grey :heart::heart:

Usually I have none but when I feel like drinking tea I have about 5 cups.
    4 or 5 hehe.
    1 or 2 a day at the minute, and a couple of herbal teas too.

I've been known to work my way through 15 brews a day though when I'm at my peak, and would probably drink more if I could be arsed to make them :razz:
    It varies. Sometimes I'll not have a cup for a few days. When I'm revising or have a load of work due in it can go up to about 15 cups because its the only thing that keeps me going! :( Normally about 1 or 2 though

My grandparents are insane though, they live off the stuff. Whenever anyone comes round the house the kettle goes on which is all very well, except on christmas day when people are coming and going left right and centre. I'd never been given so much tea in my life. I couldn't look a cuppa in the face for weeks
    Drink the occaisional cup of Tea, but COFFEE is where it's at!
    Drink on average 4 or 5 cups of Coffee a day. I have some Jamaican Blue Mountain real Coffee at the moment and it's amazing. The Nescafe instant Cappuccino's and Latte's are nice too.
    briggi wrote: »
    1 or 2 a day at the minute, and a couple of herbal teas too.

I've been known to work my way through 15 brews a day though when I'm at my peak, and would probably drink more if I could be arsed to make them :razz:
    Me too ... although none of that herbal stuff for me, no thank you.

Do all the other big tea drinkers on here find that they also have to wee every five minutes though too?
    None
    3-4

mmmm tea :heart:
    None. I hate tea and coffee.
    Probably one a month or something, i dont really drink tea or coffee much
    Loopi wrote: »
    Me too ... although none of that herbal stuff for me, no thank you.

Do all the other big tea drinkers on here find that they also have to wee every five minutes though too?

I don't find that no :confused:
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Drink the occaisional cup of Tea, but COFFEE is where it's at!
    Drink on average 4 or 5 cups of Coffee a day. I have some Jamaican Blue Mountain real Coffee at the moment and it's amazing. The Nescafe instant Cappuccino's and Latte's are nice too.

I have the odd coffee binge during exams when im up at 5am to revise, but I think people drink far too much coffee in the world :P

It keeps your 'stress' levels up (whatever that hormone is) for ages, tea gives you a bit of a caffeine boost but helps you recover from stressful situations a lot faster.. tea is where its at :D

As for the toilet thing, yeah... tea is a diuretic (sp) so that makes sense.
    I don't drink tea very often, couple of times a month maybe. I love my lemon, ginger and ginseng with a spoonful of honey :yum:

Or rooibos :D
    no tea for me thanks!

or coffee for that matter. :yuck:
    I don't think I've ever drunk tea.

As for coffee - I used to drink it every day before school/work. Now I only drink it when offered it at my work placement. if I drink it in the morning (early, anyway) it makes me want to fall back asleep.
    no tea for me thanks!

or coffee for that matter. :yuck:
    I don't think I've ever drunk tea.

both missing out :D
    I dont drink either coffee or tea, the smell puts me off, especially coffee!
    i have about 3 cups of tea a day and about 2 or 3 coffees.
    go_away wrote: »
    I don't drink tea very often, couple of times a month maybe. ...

Or rooibos :D

That.

My parents have become tea freaks and they get theres from this store that has the most delicious flavors of rooibos, like beligum chocolate and peach and carmel and this one that tastes like a dreamsicle and chocolate mint and white chocolate and the best one because its called simba.
    3 or 4 probably but always either green tea or fruit teas.
    At work in a 6 hour day I have about 4, then 2 - 3 more at home. tea's good for you and tastes amazing.
    teas shit. but coffee i generally have about 6 cups on a workday, none on a weekend usually however
    None... I stopped drinking it.

I was on 3-5 cups a day... But I cut it down to 1 per day for the first 3 weeks of the year, and now I've stopped drinking it altogether... I have loads of sugar in mine so it's bad for my teeth and wanted to stop before they rot.

It's also really calmed down my panic attacks... The caffines probably been fueling them all this time. :rolleyes:

Weirdly I haven't missed drinking tea very much.

As for coffee... :yuck: No thanks.
    I hate coffee :yuck: but love tea and can easily drink at least 3 cups a day, usually more. Cant wake up properrly unless i have one first thing in the morning! :D
    about 2 cups a day at the moment, sometimes 3.
    I have also discovered I actually like herbal and fruit tea too, with a spoon of honey - I never liked it until this last week or two. I try to have a cup of nettle tea a day, and maybe one or two fruit teas too.

I used to be a coffee drinker - loadsa cups a day, but its not agreeing with me at the moment, and i start feeling quite wrong not long after drinking it.
    I can handle tea though, just about.
    my_name wrote: »
    That.

My parents have become tea freaks and they get theres from this store that has the most delicious flavors of rooibos, like beligum chocolate and peach and carmel and this one that tastes like a dreamsicle and chocolate mint and white chocolate and the best one because its called simba.

what is a dreamsicle??

they sound yummy though.

i like tea, just the normal orangesort and i drink about 10 cups a day at least.
    I really hate both tea and coffee. :yuck:
    pinkvans wrote: »
    what is a dreamsicle??

they sound yummy though.

i like tea, just the normal orangesort and i drink about 10 cups a day at least.

Oh it is good. It is an ice cream treat on a stick., whatever you want to call that, and its vanilla ice cream in the middle and the outside is orange sherbert.

I just went find one on the internet and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't find one... they were the biggest thing ever, and they still have candles and stuff named that... what the hell happened? :( I went to read about tea and now I'm depressed.

http://www.icecreamusa.com/products/product.cfm?u=77567-30120&b=4 is the best I can find but its not the same :(