Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

valentines day

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    we had ours last weekend cos she's on a hen do this weekend and im in sheff on friday night then on a leo sayer on saturday with the lads. had pizza hut friday night mmm then went out for a meal on saturday night, Fillet steak and lobster tails, was amazzzzzzing. sunday we went for a carvery. so basically a shit load of eating.

opened my card and pressies this morning wooo. she stung me for a ring and a new hand bag.
    I have plans, but she reads the boards so I'll just say that I'm cooking (though that's not that unusual) and I have got suitable provisions.

:D
    :thumb: *Beach Boys tune* Going surfing, surfing internet cache, going surfing, surfing internet cafe.
    How fucking cool is your av?!

GIMME!

Ahem...anyway, im being blindfolded apparently and he is taking me somewhere.

All i can say is im scared shitless, its probably dogging or swinging knowing him...
    We did, we went to la strada, which is an italian chain, but the food is absolutely divine. fillet beef with shallot and peppercorn sauce, and thyme gratin potatoes. I swear that steak just melted in the mouth. I just wanted to close my eyes while I was eating it :heart:
    their rosemary garlic bread is to die for, and then the strawberry marscapone tart :yum:
    plus we had a voucher for a free bottle of wine, so i had a glass - first one since christmas, and even that made me feel a bit tipsy :blush:
    Back home then for present and card swapping :D Noticed that hed accidently bought me a card for "my boyfriend" which he`d had to scribble out the boy and put girl :lol:, then lots of sex!!
    A good night all round :D

Ooh, sounds like a grand old evening! I could fancy some strawberry marscapone tart right NOW!

The card thing made me laugh, full marks for originality [and creativity/saving the day with a biro] :D
    We're cooking a three course meal together and then snuggling up in bed to watch a film after. :D

We never bother buying each other presents and agreed not to again this year, but I just had some rather gorgeous flowers delivered. :heart:
    having mine next wednesday - unfortunatly going to be spending most of the day on the train but going to have lots of sex when i get there! And maybe go out and do something nice when prices go back to normal :p
    Ballerina wrote: »
    having mine next wednesday - unfortunatly going to be spending most of the day on the train but going to have lots of sex when i get there! And maybe go out and do something nice when prices go back to normal :p

do places put their prices up on valentines day? ive known places put a cover charge on like xmas day or nye, but never on valentines day. they just usually push their valentines special but can still order from the regular menu.

i'd tell em to bugger off if they tried that on me.
    koe_182 wrote: »
    she stung me for a ring and a new hand bag.

lucky bitch!
    do places put their prices up on valentines day? ive known places put a cover charge on like xmas day or nye, but never on valentines day. they just usually push their valentines special but can still order from the regular menu.

my friend rang pizza express and it was a set menu of 4 courses and you were only allowed to stay in there for an hour! :eek2:

aparrantly, i've never actually been out for a meal or anything on V day, but i often hear people complaining about it.
    i guess it's just like new year and club entry/drinks prices. they can get away with it so i don't blame them really!
    i guess it's just like new year and club entry/drinks prices. they can get away with it so i don't blame them really!

yeah that pisses me off as well, all the bars start charging entry when its normally free, i dont begrudge it usually cos its NYE, but i wont pay £15 for a club i pay £4 for usually. luckily this year managed to scalp some free tickets.
    My damned pain in the arse mate has got us tickets to a valentines night that a Leicester Radio station is doing. Loads of single guys get introduced to a load of single girls etc etc. This could be a right laugh, but it will more likely be a disaster or plain embarrasing... :rolleyes:
    It'll be alright, Valentine's is always a good night to pull.
    Just having a cosy night in with the other half, a stir fry (he's cooking) and a tub of ben jerry's :yum: Classy!
    I want to go out. Lousy friends with their girlfriends/dates. :grump:
    Violette wrote: »
    no proper plans, my boyfriend is very skint this month so we are doing something extra special on the 14th march..
    tomorrow night i am just going round to his, im allowed to pick a very girly dvd :D and then we're going to chill out, i might make him some tea and cuddle.
    i got him a horse thong from ann summers that neighs :p some tingly lubey stuff, a silk tie, scrubs season 3 and jeremy clarkson's book. i'm nervous if he'll like them but i'm excited to see what he'll say.

In korea, march 14th is known as White day, where traditionally the men give women candy (after on valentine's day the women give men chocolate.)
    i wanna go out but i'm officially dying. :crying: :impissed:
    I plan to watch T.V. Smoke a couple of fags and maybe a wank before I go to bed.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    she stung me for a ring and a new hand bag.

STUNG? what a way you have with words babe! I was STUNG for 3 guitar books, a lion teddy thing, a framed photo and a pair of snazzy sunglasses...now who was stung?
    Valentines Day is a con where places like Clinton Card and Birthdays get to treble their profits by selling millions of shitty cards saying "Happy Valentines Day to my Dog" etc.

Same can be said for Florists, they'll treble the price of flowers for one day of the year.

What a load of rubbish.

And if I hear one more bloody Westlife song on the radio tonight I'm gonna hang myself.

Pancake Day has more meaning!!
    Had a pretty great Valentines Day. Last night my cooking went smashing. I only broke one glass but the pasta turned out divine and no one has had any upset tummies from the meatballs! Today Chris went with me to my uni interview at Kent in Canterbury. Was crapping myself and it peed it down so all that effort to look smart got a bit screwed. Think the interview went okay. Strangely for me I just blabbed and blabbed about English Literature...I really hope that I got in.

For V-day Chris bought me some panties and a bra! It's so pretty, he has rather good taste and a card. :) In Canterbury he paid for a PizzaHut meal. It's all good :D
    I went round to a friend's and she cooked. And then we were bored, so we went to the asda near her house... I'm going supermarket shopping every valentine's day, I've decided, the place was empty and we didn't have to queue for a till! :thumb:
    Well my chap was set to come round to mine. After work I decided I'd better get him a card or something. Went round a few shops and almost puked at the gross cards on offer.

I've only known him a few months and we're not really a proper established couple so couldn't really get him a big fluffy "to my boyfriend" or "I love you" one. Found some nice blank cards in Smiths and got one with a llama making a funny face on it.

Then went to the toy shop and got him a toy bus (don't ask).

He said he's be round about 8.30. By 9 he still wasn't there and I started to think I'd been stood up. :crying:

Anyway he turned up eventually armed with a red rose and a bottle of my favourite wine. :blush:

I thought v day might be a good chance to actually establish what is going on between the 2 of us but nothing was said and I couldn't find the words. :banghead:

oh well! didn't start on the wine so that will go down nicely this weekend!
    My head hurts :( What a good fucking night though :D

But, I think I might have gone with my ex last night - the whole night has patchy bits. I remember being with him for a bit and him picking me up in the air and spinning. I can't remember what else though. I really hope I didn't go with him! Exes are exes for a reason and all that!
    My head hurts :( What a good fucking night though :D

Same here, I made a total arse of myself last night by singing a Jason Donovan song on the kareoke, but the words were wrong on the thing and I just freestyled and lapped up the adulation :yipee:

Later on my mate got all emotional and started wailing (drunk) cause he hasn't got that special someone in his life and that's "what he wants more than anything". Calmed him down a bit and got him papped off home in after he kept hugging me and telling me he loves me and calling me a legend. Weirdo.

Then more misbehaviour followed, got home about 4.30am and now I'm in work and I stink of booze :(
    I cooked Ellie's favourite meal and it was great. Not commercial at all.

:yippe:

What happened Rachie? Hope everything is fine :(
    What happened, Rachie? Are you ok?
    Ignore me, I think I misread something...!
    My valentines day went really well, we didnt see each other untill 9pm, but at that time I had finished cooking the wine was open and i was in my undies ready. Was really shocked at my present, then had lots of sex and finally went to sleep around 2.30, even thou I had to be up at 7.