Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vista not like the rest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently upgraded to Vista and reckon its a big step up from XP, unfortunately not everyone agrees. Although it may have similar features to apples osx i think there are too many extras that distinguishes it from the rest. An excellent program and worth the wait. :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    How come everyone bashes it, but everyone who uses it falls in love? :confused:

Must be the marmite effect.
  • Options
    danbola wrote: »
    Although it may have similar features to apples osx i think there are too many extras that distinguishes it from the rest.

excuse me?
  • Options
    YAY! But erm we have "The vista thread..." for all the vista related stuff?
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

I have it at work and I'm not a fan of it...
    XP ran far far smoother on this PC, and it's easily within the spec to run vista.
  • Options
    I want to upgrade in time ... but I would rather wait until most of the initial bugs are ironed out first. It looks cool though ...
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    It looks cool though ...

You know it:)

We have another vista fanatic and there was me thinking, Im the only Vista in the village (haha)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    You know it:)

We have another vista fanatic and there was me thinking, Im the only Vista in the village (haha)

:p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

I love marmite.

I used Vista. It was poo. It annoyed me so much! I nearly exploded.

Then again, this kid still misses the simplicity of 98 and wishes XP didn't have all that jazz ontop. *sigh*

All I want is an OS that functions, is compatible with stuff, and doesn't pile on silly useless poo.
  • Options

It's this MICROSOFT SUCKS idea floating in the air.. But when you get to use it, you see it differently. I used it, I'm not THAT delighted, but I'm a bit of a conservative type :P I'll stick to my XP for the moment.