Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Mate Is At It Again!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What a round of laughs I get from this fellow. He agreed to take a break from his cola habit for a while since his snoot was in a bad place. He had a lot of dried mucus and scabs up in there, and finally decided that he needed a breath or two.

I came to his flat on the way home today, and he's got a few grams spread out on his table. He's enjoying rather long, chunky lines.

"Mate! This is incredible! Me snoot doesn't feel a thing! No hurt at all. You wouldn't believe all the loot I can do!" he says.

He's a weak bloke, my mate. He figured out that with all that cuss lining his nose that he could put away his cola and not get congestion at all. I nearly shook me head clean off me shoulders.

I got him to take a quit and I took possession of the cola which I didn't have a clue how he got since our source ran dry a bit over a day ago.

My mate doesn't understand that without that congestion and mucus he's in a position to right destroy his nose in a nuclear sort of fashion.

Wish me a bit of luck on this, and suggestions would be right sexy.

]MM[

Comments

• Options
    I think you're doing well mate, alot of people would have given up by now and not given a fuck about what he snorts. Cocaine is very addictive and is so, so, so fucking hard to stop when you snort that much. It's not going to be easy. Good luck with your mate.
  • Options
    It's not going to be easy at all and he's lucky to have such a good mate like you, good luck with it all.

But the bottom line is he'll have to want to stop doing coke, if he doesn't then your fighting a losing battle.
  • Options
    Good Lord,-CHUNKY lines?! My nose is bleeding just thinking about that! If he knows his nose is already fucked and then on top of that is snorting fat, chunky lines with no regard to how much he's consuming simply because he can't feel it, he's a damned fool. It may not be your place, but if you care about him, you'll speak to him seriously about quitting, or at the very least, cutting down dramatically! An attitude like that will land him an early death without a doubt. I was one to go all out for years, and in retrospect, there are times when I have absolute certainty I would've killed myself if I had not set some sort of limitations.

I have a heart murmur, so I can no longer have stimulants, my long-time favoured types of drugs. In addition, my kidney becomes inflamed with stimulants to the point that it could burst. Do I long to be reunited with long nights of snorting speed and coke off the counter? You damn well better believe it, but I realize that I'd like to continue living even more...
  • Options
    Good Lord,-CHUNKY lines?! My nose is bleeding just thinking about that! If he knows his nose is already fucked and then on top of that is snorting fat, chunky lines with no regard to how much he's consuming simply because he can't feel it, he's a damned fool. It may not be your place, but if you care about him, you'll speak to him seriously about quitting, or at the very least, cutting down dramatically! An attitude like that will land him an early death without a doubt. I was one to go all out for years, and in retrospect, there are times when I have absolute certainty I would've killed myself if I had not set some sort of limitations.

I have a heart murmur, so I can no longer have stimulants, my long-time favoured types of drugs. In addition, my kidney becomes inflamed with stimulants to the point that it could burst. Do I long to be reunited with long nights of snorting speed and coke off the counter? You damn well better believe it, but I realize that I'd like to continue living even more...

Fascinating post mate! Tell me, how much were you doing at a sitting? How long was your sitting? Me wonders if you and my mate aren't long lost family. :D
  • Options
    Bollox

May as well leave him mate....because:

a) if he doesnt wanna stop you've got fuck all chance of making him.

b) it's gonna cause you bare hassle trying. Let him get him get it outta his system, from what you said his sessions aren't so hard, it's just his regularity.

If he dont wanna stop u cant help, so let him crack on.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Bollox

May as well leave him mate....because:

a) if he doesnt wanna stop you've got fuck all chance of making him.

b) it's gonna cause you bare hassle trying. Let him get him get it outta his system, from what you said his sessions aren't so hard, it's just his regularity.

If he dont wanna stop u cant help, so let him crack on.

Good show mate. Since I have his stash and he has no source now he's got no choice in the matter. Saw the bloke today and he's tits down, but he'll get through it. He's my best mate, so I have to watch his arse.
  • Options
    madmonk you are a saint i hope that when your friend gets through this he'll be grateful for your perseverance! :) keep it up!

coke withdrawal can be yuck so if he is feeling awful its a good sign its leaving his system, crossing everything for him and you
  • Options
    madmonk wrote: »
    Fascinating post mate! Tell me, how much were you doing at a sitting? How long was your sitting? Me wonders if you and my mate aren't long lost family. :D

I had a digiscale most of the time I was using as I used to deal (which I've since stopped). but would very rarely weigh out 10ths of a g of coke. But I would probably say that as my body's sensitivity increased, even .15 gram would bring on almost immediate inflammation and tenderness to the point that it hurt to move. As far as amphetamines are concerned, I could string out probably 2 grams as not be too bad as long as I drank a lot of water, kept under .10 g a line, and did no more than a 1/3 g an hour. But even then I became intensely sensitive to temperature changes and it would bring on agonizing pain.

One time, before I realized how bad the problem was I took a very hot shower on a very cold morning and the drastic temperature change brought on a small spasm in my side and it actually shifted an organ! And because of the inflammation it sort held it out of place until it died down and I was finally able to shift it back into place (very fucking painful). I was coughing up blood and shit the same day from the damage the stimulants were doing to my torn stomach wall, so I was just a fucking mess for weeks. I confirmed got a cat scan and whatnot to make sure everything was back in place correctly, and since then have only done coke one time in about a year.

Sometimes it takes something drastic to get someone to quit. I guess that's what it was for me, and painful as it was for me at the time, I'm thankful. My counselor helped a lot too, though.

Monk, don't give in no matter how he begs in the coming weeks/months! It may be hard, but he will thank you for it in time...