Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help!! 1990's fashion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK so im going to a 1990's club night. I dont want to look like a pratt, but I do want to dress 1990's clubbing style. Any suggestions? And yes I will be taking glosticks...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    White combats and a crop top. Think sporty spice. Oooh, and wear a bandana!!
    glittery jeans <
    haha
    A club near me does a 90's night every week and everyone just dresses normally for it, usual going out clobber.
    Black lipliner, one of those Indian bindis, spice girl style platform trainers, tight white trousers, a crop top, shag bands, one of those bracelets that goes around the top of your arm (I don't know what they are called but I coveted one for ages when I was 14).
    OMG platform trainers. I had a pair of these, sooo lame!
    katralla wrote: »
    OMG platform trainers. I had a pair of these, sooo lame!
    I wore mine to a gig (at GAY, I figured it was ok) a while ago so that I didn't suffocate being surrounded by sweaty, topless men like I usually do. They gave me just enough height!

Camoflage in funny colours is good, too. Particularly if it's in stretchy material.
    I sold mine at a carboot sale a few years ago, couldn't believe anyone would buy them really, especially as the loops you thread the lacest hrough were broken off on the one foot.
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    A club near me does a 90's night every week and everyone just dresses normally for it, usual going out clobber.
    Ditto. If you still want to dress up however, think spice girls :thumb:
    think fresh prince
    lots of silver and glitter
    A cropped baby pink tight t-shirt with a fake fur heart on, pink satin a-line wrap skirt and pink platform trainers :thumb:

Oh, did we think we were cool.
    talia wrote: »
    OK so im going to a 1990's club night. I dont want to look like a pratt, but I do want to dress 1990's clubbing style. Any suggestions? And yes I will be taking glosticks...

ask 1983, her wardrobe is stuffed with those.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    lots of silver and glitter
    Specifically, really nasty glitter gel that stuck to everything. Gross.
    Denim. Flannel. Saved by the bell.
    90s nights are my favourite - you are spoilt for hideous choice! Pick and mix:

Baby doll dresses - think Baby Spice.
    Miniature rucksack (ROFL)
    Butterfly clips in your hair
    Slouch socks
    Beige combat trousers
    Skirt over trousers (mmm, polyester)
    Those rubber bracelet/bangle things (in every neon colour of the rainbow -- didn't they go with EVERYthing?)
    Platforms/platform trainers
    Wet perm like a drowned rat
    Union Jack dress

Or you could take my brother's early '90s lead and go clubbing in a pair of jogging bottoms, yellow raincoat and deck shoes. Well, he always had a good time and that's what really matters, though I don't know if his dress sense was expressing a strictly natural high :razz:
    briggi wrote: »
    90s nights are my favourite - you are spoilt for hideous choice! Pick and mix:

Baby doll dresses - think Baby Spice.
    Those rubber bracelet/bangle things (in every neon colour of the rainbow -- didn't they go with EVERYthing?)
    Platforms/platform trainers

:lol: I remember those very well! The rubber bracelets were called shag bands and if a lad broke it then it meant he had to have sex with you.

Also.. what about those horrible floppy hats? That have a large rim but just...flop lol
    lipsy wrote: »

Also.. what about those horrible floppy hats? That have a large rim but just...flop lol

I don't know what they're called, but if i'm right and they are what i think they are, i had a er velvet one :o
    Cycling shorts, crop top, scrunchies!!
    Doc Martins
    get yourself some of these glasses I always get some, my mate makes them up and they always guarentee a few good laughs.
    Some more.... Think Saved By The Bell / MC Hammer / Clueless / knee socks with mini skirts and a scrunchie in your hair, chunky heels, oversized jackets, clashing neon t-shirts with weird patterns or slogans, crop tshirts, dungarees, dungarees shorts, cycling shorts, baggy trousers, culottes, bum bags, Beverley Hills 90210 x
    Lacy wrote: »
    I don't know what they're called, but if i'm right and they are what i think they are, i had a er velvet one :o

Me too! And I wore it with hotpants, tights, flowery waistcoat and white blouse to the junior disco! :o:lol:
    God I used to wear Hypocolour t shirts, illuminous cycling shorts and bum bags!
    Yeah but we were cool! :cool:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    When I used to go raving in the 90's it was all Addidas trackies, Reebok classics, Hi vis jackets, white glovess, kangol hats, and whilstes or horns.

:lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    A kangol cap
    A long wrap around skirt
    denim shirt
    some round sunglasses pushed into your scraped back hair
    and of course, the minature bag that briggi suggested!