Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Soap etc. for sensitive skin

I've got esxma or however the hell you spell it on my foot and because of this I cant really use ordinary shower gels and shampoos, but the ones I get at the moment cost me a fortune.

Does anyone know of a brand without SLS which doesnt cost £15 a bottle?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Boot have a range called NAKED, that claims to be SLS free, if I remember correctly. They will have some bath products for a reasonable price.
    Oh, I'd check out Lush too... Or your local Health Food shop... Companies like Faith in Nature and the Green People and Weleda are good (and animal friendly).
    Dove?
    try simple. if you look on their website each of their products has an ingredients list
    Both Dove and Simple have SLS in them, interestingly SLS is used to see if you are reactive, its chemically listed as an irritant.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll look into them, at the moment I'm using Barefoot botanicals which are amazing but pricey.
    Is it not possible to get something (no idea what, tbh) to get anything like this on prescription?
    You cn get aqueous cream in a bar form to use instead of soap. That might be worth a try.

Lush dreamwash might be another good one to try. http://www.lush.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_4&products_id=13

Lush list all the ingredients for every product on their website too, which would be handy for you. I think most of it is SLS free, but youd need to check yourself.
    also remember there is quite a difference between sodium lauryl and sodium laurETH...

the latter should be ok
    Excellent, thanks for all the suggestions people.