Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well its finally happened...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We broke up for good.
I've taken the advice of a select few posters who told me to cut contact ages ago and although this is going to be so hard I also knew it had to be done.

Don't really have much else to say and I know i will be happier in the long run but for the meantime :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Awww hugs for you. It will be shit and you will miss her loads. I mean she's been your best friend for years! But, well you know I (Miss Cynical) think its for the best. Not just because your relationship had lots of problems but also because you're starting a new life at Uni and it doesn't sound as if she fits in anymore. Anyway, go and get razzle dazzled :)
  • Options
    Hugs for you too. I know that you know this but it will feel better in time and won't last forever. Break-ups are fucking awful. You have my sympathy and a big e-hug.
  • Options
    *hugs* from me too. I could actually do with one myself . I'm sure in time you'll feel better and can move on. You seem a very decent guy so i'm sure you'll have ladies queing up for you ;)
  • Options
    from what i remember you've done the right thing. it may be hard now but in the long run it's for the best. xx
  • Options
    Hi there, going through a break up can be extremely tough so here is a link to tips on how to survive them. Hopes this helps and good luck, time heals so try and be patient. xxx
  • Options
    I am so glad you have done this mate. From what you've been telling me on MSN, she really isn't good for you and well, your relationship doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Neither of you trust each other, she seems to be stringing you along, she wants to go travelling, etc. You have both want different things now you are at Uni.

As I've been telling you, it will be hard for a while but in the long run, you will be better off for it. It does get easier in time, believe me.

You know where I am if you EVER need to talk to someone.

*many hugs for you* xxx
  • Options
    chin up matey, it won't hurt forever and it sounds like you've done the right thing :)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that mate. I hope things get better for you soon. :D

Just wanted to leave you a message, as you have given me some quality advice in the past; you got my respect dude.

All the best :thumb:
  • Options
    *big e-hugs* rant and cry all you want. Breaking up sucks
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    *hugs* icey, it sounds like you've had some great support from other Siters, which is fab to see. It's going to be tough, but you've got plenty to look forward to. Take good care of yourself ;)
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear it, it can only be a good thing. You'll feel shite for a few weeks, but it will be worth it in the end. Honestly.
  • Options
    No going back for shags!
  • Options
    Much as I'd like to it seems the reason we are now broken up is because she cant forget that i kissed someone a few months back. So i cant see this happening.. :\
  • Options
    Not at lot to say other than I'm thinking of ya, mate.

Everyone else has done the "it will get easier", "give it time" and "it'll be for the best in the end" lines so I won't bother (whoops :p). Enjoy putting yourself front and centre for a while, and keep your chin up :)