Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Perception of You

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think pretty much everyone who knows me thinks I'm a complete loser because I just can't attract women at all. This obviously means the women think I'm a loser, well most of them.

People do say I'm a really nice guy though but we all know that they finish last.

Ah well, at least my Mum loves me :yippe:
  • Options
    Having given it more thought i have to admit i've never really been one to talk myself up and su ch like but i think people who know me, love me. People are forever asking for my advice on techie stuff or my opinion and even when i was much MUCH more shy i was still the one who sat around with large groups of friends and provided all the laughs.

I sound like i'm talking myself up now but, well i am, but i think and feel that is how people who know me, see me :)
  • Options
    To be honest, I'm quite odd. Sometimes I'll wanna be really crazy and hyper, others I'll be really strange and not talk at all. Kind of 2 extremes really...:banghead:

I dunno, people on here might think I'm a bit of a moan, lol. It's only because I don't really vent anything in real life, so sorry about that! :) I'd like to think I'm pretty loyal though, and am more than happy to listen when other people want to moan to me.

capo2
  • Options
    On here I don't really know anymore. I think I used to come across as a bit arsey (hey, if you don't want an honest answer off me, don't ask), but maybe seem to have mellowed in recent years? Who knows. Enlighten me, if you want. In a select few, I reckon I'm seen as a bit of a craftmaster ;)

In real life, people always tend to think I'm really laid back (I am, in some ways, but people are always shocked to find out I'm a bit of a worrier), a bit scatty, and a tiny bit defenceless (people tend to try to protect me - but I'm tougher than I look!). They also always think I'm a bit of a hypochondriac :lol:
  • Options
    personally i don't give a fuck about what people perceptions of me or anyone else

Not even friends or family?

Anyway, on here: I dunno. Most people seem to be fairly nice to me, so I guess I haven't pissed too many people off (P&D not included, though everyone in there is sensible enough to not take anything personally). I don't really have a proper opinion of many people on this site, so I guess that not many people have one of me either.

In real life - proper friends: They probably think I'm laid back sometimes to the point of not being arsed when I should be, trustworthy and okay at listening/offering advice and opinions. They probably think I can be a bit of a moody twat sometimes, but not too much hopefully.

In real life - other people: Probably similar, but they will probably see me as a bit hot and cold. Sometimes I can be really chatty with workmates and the like, and others I'm probably a bit in a world of my own depending on my mood and what I'm doing (in reality, naturally I'm thinking of far more important things that whatever they have to say :p). Oh, and unless it's a girl that I fancy, they often think I'm gay as well (girls that I fancy can usually tell that I fancy them though - quite good for hitting on someone's girlfriend right in front of him, and him being none the wiser).
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I really don't think to much about what people's perceptions of me are. It's something I've never really worried about as the only opinions (of me) that really matter to me, are the ones held by my familly, closest firends and workmates.

In real life and on here I probably come across as a bit immature (which I am), but I'm never sulky or depressive and am always up for the craic.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    On here I dunno. Don't really make much effort to speak to people like I did back in the day and I don't really join in the banter like I used to, so probably pretty neutral. Probably a bit naive if anything cause I keep needing to ask about stuff.

In real life people think I'm a bit soft, but hopefully folk think my hearts in the right place. I do think I get patronised a little bit because I go with my heart over my head and I'm not one for conflict.

Hard to say really :chin:
  • Options
    On here I think sometimes I come across as a bit of a spoilt brat - who goes on too many holidays.

In real life I'm seen as being a bit mad/quirky/weird and often suprise people when I can actually talk eloquently about something. I'm also really shy which comes across as being arrogant - however i also I sometimes cant' be bothered to make the effort to talk to people so i'm often in my own world. I also have a reputation for knowing everything - especially in relation to geography - directions etc etc. Lastly with the people I work with I probably don't care enough about the environment/world etc but with my friends I think i sometimes come accross as beign a bit of a serioud tree hugger.
  • Options
    I am usually the one to get an honest answer and/or opinion from. This is not different over the internet, i.e. thesite. Some people like it and ask me for advice, other people do not like my criticism and opinions (esp. about themselves)

It's a double-edged sword, made a few good friends over the internet and got to know a lot that mean much to me and vice versa, but I tend to come over as pertly and maybe a tad obnoxious at times I reckon.

In real life I am the bitch for everything. I hardly, HARDLY say no, when you invite me or need me for something. I usually leave a good movie in the middle, put away the super thrilling book, toss my studying things and forget my sluggishness, if someone asks me for whatever... I often am the group entertainer and am remembered by a lot of people by that.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I am usually the one to get an honest answer and/or opinion from. This is not different over the internet, i.e. thesite. Some people like it and ask me for advice, other people do not like my criticism and opinions (esp. about themselves)

I know you didn't ask to be judged (or arselicked :p), but I really respect people like you (and similar others in this thread) - honest and straight talking who don't pussyfoot about.

Don't always agree with what people say, but I think everybody needs a bit of straight talking about them, and I wish I had a bit more of that about me :)
  • Options
    I think people who know me think I'm blunt and honest, but loyal and generous and caring. People on here who don't know me probably think I'm an arrogant cunt. People in real life who don't know me probably think I'm very shy and a bit odd.

I'm not very good at guessing what people think of me.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I think people who know me think I'm blunt and honest, but loyal and generous and caring. People on here who don't know me probably think I'm an arrogant cunt. People in real life who don't know me probably think I'm very shy and a bit odd.

I'm not very good at guessing what people think of me.

I'd guess that you are grizzly, but a big teddy bear underneath and often snuggle up with your kitten and baby talk her/him.

:D
  • Options
    On here I don't post enough warrant a mention.

In the real world peoples perception of me is pretty much very laid back, easy going type of bloke who doesn't take life too seriously. Here's hoping anyway.
  • Options
    Tbh, I've learnt not to care. But...
    On here- down often, nothing that exciting to say, caring maybe? supportive? No idea really.

In real life- one-thing-on-the-mind, dirty, thoughtful, jealous at times over certain things.
  • Options
    On here - probably a bit of a seshface. i'm sure some people like me, and others don't.

In real life - depends who. my family definitely see me as the black sheep, but they still like me. if anything happens when i'm home though, i'll be first to be blamed.

my friends think i'm a bit of a seshface as well i suppose. i'm very well-mannered and polite though and generally ok to be around. i have a sick sense of humour and like to use shockingly inappropriate statements for humour effect. some people don't like that, some do.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    Tbh, I've learnt not to care. But...
    On here- down often, nothing that exciting to say, caring maybe? supportive? No idea really.

I think you'll lovely. Very caring and supportive especially in the health section. I think Missy said it another thread but I agree with her, you need a bit more self confidence, but then most people do (including me)
  • Options
    My family think I am a bit of a failure, can't seem to come to terms with the fact that I'm not interested in being a success by their definition. In spite of that they still love me, as of course they are obliged to by the blood in their veins ;)

My friends think I am far too opinionated for my own good and even my other half thinks I have "too many principles". I'm not sure how that works, I don't think I have nearly enough... yet. Other than that, I think I am universally loved by my old muckers. They really are the shit :heart:

On here I guess there are some people who don't like me, but that's the nature of the beast. I think I'm usually pretty likeable/tolerable on here, I try and keep my cool and give advice whenever I can.
  • Options
    I have to say Briggi, i wasn't too sure of you to begin with. I thought you were a bit too er whats the word, like had something to say about everything. Like the oracle :p
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I have to say Briggi, i wasn't too sure of you to begin with. I thought you were a bit too er whats the word, like had something to say about everything. Like the oracle :p

Yeah but, No but....

:p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Yeah but, No but....

:p

Why must you be so cruel :crying:
  • Options
    Love you really. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think you'll lovely. Very caring and supportive especially in the health section. I think Missy said it another thread but I agree with her, you need a bit more self confidence, but then most people do (including me)

:blush: Thankyou :) I wasn't aware my low self confidence was that apparent, but I agree, like :) Thankyou again thou :)
  • Options
    Love you really. :D

Stop bullying me then.

Cunt :p
  • Options
    Cunt

Charming. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Charming. :D

It's my perception of you :p

Giving these posts some sort of relevance to the thread :D
  • Options
    It's my perception of you :p

Giving these posts some sort of relevance to the thread :D

Cheers Mort.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Cheers Mort.

Lol who or what is Mort?!
  • Options
    Lol who or what is Mort?!

You'll have to find out.
    What about Dinlo? You must know that one. :D

ETA I thought this was the other perception thread. I'm all mixed up.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    GET A ROOM! :p
  • Options
    You'll have to find out.
    What about Dinlo? You must know that one. :D

ETA I thought this was the other perception thread. I'm all mixed up.

Lol now your confusing me.

And i don't take too kindly to the name calling, well not now i know what they mean!