Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pills and coke and problem with heart-help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone :wave: , I've just stumbled upon this site and thought it looked kinda cool, i'm 22 from brighton. Hope you are all well :)

Anyways, onto my question...I used to do a lot of drugs but haven't for about 3 months now. I quit because I had to be admitted to hospital with heart problems, but that was after taking 12 pills and a gram of coke. Anyway it scared me off drugs till saturday night when I decided that I'd be ok if I only took a small amount (3 pills and half gram coke) I would be ok. But this was not the case, my heart went nuts and hurt so much, but the reason I'm still worried is that I took the last of the drugs at about 4pm sunday morning but my heart is still hurting just as much if not more. Should I be worried or should do you think it will just ease off? :confused:

I should also point out that I'm agoraphobic (my mates come over to mine to hangout) so getting to the doctor is really hard for me. It has to be an emergency for me to go as I have to organise for someone to come with me and then be placed in a private room rather than the waiting room, which the receptionist isn't too happy doing (even though she knows my situation :mad:)

Well thanks for reading and any advice I'd be grateful for :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doing cocaine with an existing heart condition is really stupid - but I'm sure you dont need me to tell you that.

As for the heart still racing now, have you slept since you took the drugs?

Are there any other symptoms? Tightness in the chest for example?
    When you was admitted to hospital, did they say you had permanently damaged your heart or anything like that?
    lipsy wrote: »
    When you were admitted to hospital....

Is what you should have said.
    budda wrote: »
    Is what you should have said.

Why? Could you explain the grammar rule for me
    Why? Could you explain the grammar rule for me

I was admitted to A&E

They were admitted

He/she was...

You were...

I dont know why, that's just the rules, that and it sounds a bit better too.
    budda wrote: »
    I was admitted to A&E

They were admitted

He/she was...

You were...

I dont know why, that's just the rules, that and it sounds a bit better too.
    I knew 'was' = singular and 'were' = plural but I didn't realise it was irregular and changed to 'were' for you..
    I knew 'was' = singular and 'were' = plural but I didn't realise it was irregular and changed to 'were' for you..

This is where you have one up on me, I've never got the hang of the terms, irregular this or imperfect that, means nothing to me what so ever.
    The doctor at A&E told me to not do any stimulants for a while but there shouldn't be any lasting damage, so I thought that after 3 months I would ok, espicially because I was taking a lot less than I used to. By the way I meant 4 in the afternoon, not morning.
    Since then i have slept a good 12 hours and taken all the right vitamins and taken it easy. There's no tightness but it just feels really sore, kinda like when you press a bad bruise.
    How deep does the pain feel? Unless you feel sick or short of breath you will probably be fine.
    Not too deep, could it be that it is actually briused from hitting my rib cage? I only feel like I have shortness of breath when I think about it so it's probably just psychosomatic!
    Reminds me of when I went to the doctor a while ago with really bad chest pain. The doctor said it probably wasn't my heart because the pain wasn't that deep and i didnt feel sick or short of breath (had an ecg etc and all was well). * Seeing a doctor would be best anyway.

Was pretty stupid cycling a couple of miles to see the doctor but oh well.

ETA* he said the chest wall is extremely thick, a dull ache or osmething that hurts when you press or move it isnt likely to be the heart.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll wait till my boyfriend comes back from work and if it's still bad then I'll got to the doctors
    Getting it checked out is a good idea, your heart is rather on the important side of things.

In future I'd really advise against using any stimulants especially cocaine which is really dangerous for those with dodgy hearts.
    I would say your body doesnt particularly agree with your coke use, if it caused you major problems last time after only 1 gram.

But i'd go the docs and get it checked if you've had heart issues before.

And put the bag down !