Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone Else Hate Relationships?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whenever I am in one I just think why do I even try?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't hate them. I just don't "do" them. Too young to be fucking about in some psuedo-love fest.
    Yeah all the time.
    Yes, I got completely fed up in my last relationship because the other person just treated it with such contempt.
    I've hated the relationships I've had.

It doesn't mean I dislike relationships, it just means I've not been happy in the ones I've had so far.
    Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad. I'm a very relationshippy person however.
    Glad I'm not the only one. They freak me out.
    i love them.. when theyre sound.

once lying starts, a people start to abuse eachother, then they suck.

but i love the possitive feelings in it
    If it's the right one and it's going well then they're fabulous, there really isn't anything better. It's when they're wrong from the start, or begin to go wrong that they're awful. Nothing's likeable or enjoyable for long if it ain't right.
    briggi wrote: »
    If it's the right one and it's going well then they're fabulous, there really isn't anything better. It's when they're wrong from the start, or begin to go wrong that they're awful. Nothing's likeable or enjoyable for long if it ain't right.
    :yes: What briggi said.
    Edited because now I'm sober:

I think if you're with the right person at the right time in your life, they should be fine.
    I reckon it'd have to be someone pretty special for me to bother. None of this "let's see how it goes" bullshit, I'd have to be crazy about them.
    nah I much prefer being in relationships to being single. They can be crap and I can feel like why the hell do i bother, but most of the time I get as much back from a rel as I put in, but I have been fairly lucky with most of mine.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Yes. I'm no good at them really. I never work hard enough at them.
    Weekender Offender 
    I like myself a lot more when I'm not in a relationship.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I like myself a lot more when I'm not in a relationship.

Why?
    Namaste wrote: »
    Why?

I dunno, maybe it's just the relationships I've been in but I've been told I'm better company when I've not got a girlfriend.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I dunno, maybe it's just the relationships I've been in but I've been told I'm better company when I've not got a girlfriend.

Yeah I can see what you mean I think. Sometimes you can get so caught up in something or it is going badly and bringing you down, which can make you come across slightly differently to normal.
    Heyoka wrote: »
    i love them.. when theyre sound.

once lying starts, a people start to abuse eachother, then they suck.
    Dude! i swear you must be older than 14/15. I'm 22 and I've only just figured this one out.

Relationships = :yuck:
    Yeah they can annoying but they're better than being alone. But I'm not some crazy person who attracts fellow psychos, so what works for me may not work for everyone
    i don't hate them. i guess they can be tough, confusing, and complicated. but as long as both people are willing to try then they're usually fine. and i also don't like being alone. i rather like having somebody to call mine.
    From my experience, relationships start out great (honeymoon period) and then roughly 2 years down the line you have that shall we have a break or where is this going convo?? If you make it through that, you have another maybe six months of being together normally out of habit and then you have the longed out break up which is about a year!! ha ha ha

Generally i much perfer being with somebody - gives you something to do on Valentines ;-) however when i am single i definately feel more liberated and it can be very refreshing to just worry about yourself as opposed to conferring all the time "what are you doing" "I dunno, what are you up to" "well i dunno, what are you doing" even though you know full well you'll be seeing each other.........

xx