Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Argument About Coke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any of you want to help me settle this argument with a mate of mine?

He's the one I've chatted up a bit before here. He plows the snow until there is no more, no matter what the condition of his snoot. One day I expect to find him trying to vacuum snot from his nostril just to fit that final line up in there. He says that he can't stop if there is any left. He has quite the problem. I tell him he should really pace himself and be safe. I usually do a few until I feel a slight discomfort in a nostril and then I'm done and I'll take the coming down best that a bloke can. Very rarely do I suffer through the night or the next day with any pain or discomfort. My mate on the other hand is miserable for days.

He says that everyone does it this way, I say he's daft and needs to admit himself to the ol' treatment centre.

Opinions? Experiences? Anything will help. :chin:

}}MadMonk{{

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You obviously have amazing self-control if you never hammer the coke til its gone and never suffer any pain or discomfort the next day!!!!!!!! There is no need to worry about your friend, he is just one of us mere mortals who gets stuck in. Coke is very powerfully psychologically addictive. When I do coke with my friends we hammer it to the point of scraping the baggie out, and quite often (unfortunatley for our bank balances) get a 2nd gram. I'm not saying this is a good thing but no need to be so surprised about how your mate is as almost everyone I know is the exact same way!
    When I do coke with my friends we hammer it to the point of scraping the baggie out, and quite often (unfortunatley for our bank balances) get a 2nd gram. I'm not saying this is a good thing but no need to be so surprised about how your mate is as almost everyone I know is the exact same way!

:yes: :yes: At the end I always find myself scraping together what I'd usually use as dabs, and make tiny lines to snort.
    From what you said, he sounds like he just has a full on sesh till the end of it, which IMO you may as well do if your on one anyway.

My only question would be when you say he dives in, how much does he get through in a night ?
    I like your avatar by the way deceepol, looks very tempting.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I like your avatar by the way deceepol, looks very tempting.

Lol, cheers...... too tempting eh
    You obviously have amazing self-control if you never hammer the coke til its gone and never suffer any pain or discomfort the next day!!!!!!!! There is no need to worry about your friend, he is just one of us mere mortals who gets stuck in. Coke is very powerfully psychologically addictive. When I do coke with my friends we hammer it to the point of scraping the baggie out, and quite often (unfortunatley for our bank balances) get a 2nd gram. I'm not saying this is a good thing but no need to be so surprised about how your mate is as almost everyone I know is the exact same way!

You are spot on - I do have good self control of me habits, but that's from bad experiences in the past. My mate is sort of new to the scene. I guess I'm a bit off because I'd never expect him to dog out on something like this. He was never this way with the port, pills, fags, etc. I appreciate the reply.
    deceelpool wrote: »
    From what you said, he sounds like he just has a full on sesh till the end of it, which IMO you may as well do if your on one anyway.

My only question would be when you say he dives in, how much does he get through in a night ?

Ah, I didn't mention the amount did I? I blame the port. It is not unusual for him to blow back and entire 2G by himself in a period of 10-12 hours or so. One evening after a heavy time at the pub we went back to his flat and he pulls out 4G. I put away 1G and called it an evening. He finished the rest by 4PM the following day. What do you usually do in a sitting? How long is your sitting?
    madmonk wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't mention the amount did I? I blame the port. It is not unusual for him to blow back and entire 2G by himself in a period of 10-12 hours or so. One evening after a heavy time at the pub we went back to his flat and he pulls out 4G. I put away 1G and called it an evening. He finished the rest by 4PM the following day. What do you usually do in a sitting? How long is your sitting?

Example last night from 9pm to 7am putaway just short of 2 gram and for me that was a very heavy sesh.

I wouldnt worry bwt him unless he could go a day or so without and or cant afford his habit etc.
    Example last night from 9pm to 7am putaway just short of 2 gram and for me that was a very heavy sesh.

I wouldnt worry bwt him unless he could go a day or so without and or cant afford his habit etc.

Ah, that's about right then. I think he can go a maximum of two days before he has to have some. Some week nights he simply does about 4 or 6 very small lines (I'd say they were the exact dimensions of two toothpicks laying next to each other), has a swig of port and then talks me ear off before he dozes for the night. As a matter of fact, I don't think he's gone more that 2 days in the past 4 months. He can easily afford his charlie and hasn't done anything completely daft like sold his possessions or stolen anything. I've had my eye on his finances recently and he's doing well. While I may think he's going overboard based solely on me experiences with other mates of mine in the past, I guess I need to respect his wishes and his habit until he exhibits the warning signs, eh? I wouldn't want a mate lashing out at me about my habit if I knew it wasn't hurting a soul.
    Your mate does have an addiction, I know because I used to and still kind of do. Whether it is a problem or not depends on whether his addiction is damaging his finances which will end damaging his life, whether it is affecting/hurting his friends and family or whether he is stealing to get money for Coke.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Your mate does have an addiction, I know because I used to and still kind of do. Whether it is a problem or not depends on whether his addiction is damaging his finances which will end damaging his life, whether it is affecting/hurting his friends and family or whether he is stealing to get money for Coke.

Exactly, everybody has additctions, just depends what effects they have.
    Exactly, everybody has additctions, just depends what effects they have.

Problem is that alot of the time addictions start getting out of hand and turn into problems with those effects, mine did anyway.