Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

2007 F1 Season

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just over a month till the season starts :yippe:

Any predictions?? I reckon raikonenn will run away with it, dunno about alonso in a mclaren... fisichella and massa as main competition and maybe if honda get their act together finally button might be able to do something, never know :P

thoughts?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think Renault will be able to mount a strong challenge. I expect a fight between McClaren and Ferrari. BMW have been very impressive in pre season testing, they could be the suprise of the season. Honda should be in the mix if they can carry on the momentum from the end of last season.
    For this season it's a hard one to call. I certainly don't agree that Raikkonen is going to run away with anything. I expect Hamilton to present us with some surprises, he has been quick in testing, the Mclaren does look good but reliability could once again be a factor for them.
    I think Renault will start strong and there new young driver could also be a surprise.

If I am honest I really don't know what constructor to put on pole for the start of this season. But I'll tell you now that I won't be surprised if its not Ferrari.
    I think there is a lot of sandbagging going on and that there might be a few surprises at the last few tests.
    I don't think Kimi will run away with it, I expect Massa to be firmly in the pole position until Kimi acclimatises.
    I also expect Kovalainnen to be faster than Fisi and Renault will still be fast, you can't just lose performance like that.
    I expect BMW to be fast but unreliable, and the same with McLaren.
    I wanna see how Spyker do. And the Super Aguri....
    I also think the times between the front and the back will be much closer this time round. Only 17 races though and lots of gaps, pour effort!!!
    the man from stevenage has done it again. another podium finish.

thats 3rd, 2nd, 2nd in his first 3 grand prix. f1 has just got interesting again. might be more down to schumacher fucking off though...
    That Hamilton can drive a bit cant he? I've also been impressed by Heidfeld so far.
    drumbeat wrote: »
    the man from stevenage has done it again. another podium finish.

thats 3rd, 2nd, 2nd in his first 3 grand prix. f1 has just got interesting again. might be more down to schumacher fucking off though...

Haven't watched a single race this year but might just have to start watching - last time I saw a rookie won anything major was Nigel Mansel winning Indy car at his first attempt
    yeah hamilton has been impressive... I have kind of gotten to be a button fan over the last seasons and im stuck with him like supporting a football team now lol :(

It's good to see hamilton winning but I enjoyed the races where button did well last season a lot more.

Top 3 on 22points a-piece makes it a little more interesting so far though :D
    Perhaps F1 is going to become exciting again after a 10 year gap? :chin: