Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ovulation test

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive never heard of a link between tomatos and spina bifida ever - Where did you hear that?

As for iron - you can either get tablets from the doctor, or you can get liquid supplements such as floradix or spatone, which do tend to be easier to absorb and less likely to make you constipated than the tablets, but tbh, as long as youre not already anaemic, then probably just having folic acid is enough, or a pregnancy multivitamin, which will have both iron and folic acid in it.

Friend of mine is at med school, apparently it came up in a lecture and there have been links to it, but i think its pretty rare.
  • Options
    had my doctors appointment this afternoon, was abit gutted at how quick it was. went there, took my blood pressure and that was it, said to make a midwife appt. :( godda wait til weds for the interestin stuff, told i'm 6 weeks now tho. cant wait for the scan.
  • Options
    They don't do a great deal at the beginning. Few more weeks yet until they listen to the babys heartbeat. I loved that bit.
  • Options
    antenatal appointments arent particularly interesting im afraid! They will just take blood pressure, check your urine, do the odd blood test.
  • Options
    just want a rough run down on what not to eat. are mushrooms okay...? hadnt thought anything of it until we had some for tea (with chicken and plenty of veg)
  • Options
    Awww congatulations! Thats great :D
  • Options
    I've been another lurker!!...congratulations on ring and baby :thumb:
  • Options
    looked at those links, says i cant even eat cooked meats like ham! what am i supposed to have on a butty? lol. just had some cheese (cheddar) and branston pickle. would of had something along the lines of a chicken and sweetcorn sandwich filler but they all contain pasturised egg and evne so i didnt wanna risk anythin
  • Options
    another question, sorry about this. but will it do any harm to have too much folic acid? im taking it in the mornin, but also eating veg etc during the day. the more is better right?
  • Options
    Congratulations Janjan, I've just read the whole thread and it's made me smile so much. I'm so happy for you. :)
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    another question, sorry about this. but will it do any harm to have too much folic acid? im taking it in the mornin, but also eating veg etc during the day. the more is better right?

You are fine to still eat veg ect.
    As for cooked meats i ate them all the way through. You can't starve.
  • Options
    hey, i know you're all gonna get sick of me until i see the midwife weds and can ask some questions then, but is it normal to get minor - period-like pains in my left and right ovaries? Just so concerned something might be wrong all the time as I haven't a clue what is and isn't normal. Sorry
  • Options
    I had pains (inplantations pains) yeah.
  • Options
    and that's even after it's been planted and into week's of pregnancy? every time i search google i get links about ovary cysts and what not so i'd rather not search.
  • Options
    Stop googling, as long as its not major its more than likely normal.
    I had pains for a few weeks.
  • Options
    Theres no little symptoms that really mean anything in particular on their own, although its hard not to worry, I know that.
    The link I gave you before for the babyworld site, they have a lot of information on there about pregnancy at all stages, as well as forums specifically for pregnancy and baby stuff, and youre bound to get a lot more ad