Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Really STUPID question!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to Belfast in the morning.

I know Scotland has it's own currency (it's still £ but it's prettier!), but does Northern Ireland? If so, are they funny about accepting English notes? Just I know that in England lots of people are reluctant to accept Scottish currency (even though it's legal tender) and I can't recall having ever seen a NI note.

Sorry for the utter stupidity of this question, my IQ isn't really 12!

Comments

• Options
    Bank of NI/Ulster notes do indeed exist over there, but they're still sterling (as with Bank of Scotland notes) and obviously you can spend them there, along with Bank of England notes.

If you are given any NI notes then try and spend them before you come home, I've found shops over here are exceptionally sniffy about taking them despite it all being sterling :banghead:
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Bank of NI/Ulster notes do indeed exist over there, but they're still sterling (as with Bank of Scotland notes) and obviously you can spend them there, along with Bank of England notes.

If you are given any NI notes then try and spend them before you come home, I've found shops over here are exceptionally sniffy about taking them despite it all being sterling :banghead:

:thumb: Thanks, that's exactly what I need to know!
  • Options
    I didn't know the answer to this question which makes me feel incredibly thick!

BUT! I say it is because I haven't travelled enough yet! I need to seeee the world!
  • Options
    Nee bother, have a nice time! :D
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Nee bother, have a nice time! :D

I plan too... although it's a work trip. Still, it's all expenses paid which means I'll end up a huge porker by the end of the week. Lush food, here I come... :D