Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Perception of You

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think peoples perception of you is? Real life or on thesite.

I reckon on thesite people think I'm a bitch :p

It turns out my mates see me as someone who always has perfect makeup/hair. They think I can be a bit "theres no way I'm doing that!" you know, wouldn't get my hands dirty. (You should have seen my mate's boyfriend's face when I said I would go camping with them "you know you can't plug in your straightners there right?"). I got told last week by this lad I would fit well into Mean Girls but oddly enough he actually mean it as a compliment.

So over to you ;)

Comments

• Options
    People on here no doubt think I'm harsh, arrogant and a bit of a dick. That's the 'joy' of text for you...

_________________________________________________________________________________

Real life - I'm still *very* straight to the point, but am probably one of the most generous people out there. I'll bend over backwards to help people (if I can), but I'm no mug. If you don't at least try and help yourself, you find my help diminishing quickly. I still have my moments of arrogance (who doesn't), and I don't suffer fools gladly.

Personality wise I'm slightly hyperactive, infectious and usually at the centre of any mischief going on. My mates can always rely on me for entertainment of one kind or another. *Always* game for a laugh, a drink or a dance :)

I look after myself, and like the finer things in life - which I've got used to. Some people hold that against me, others don't. I don't really care either way as it's nothing to do with anybody ;)
  • Options
    BUT is that what you think you are... or how other people see you? Because before my mates told me the above I had no idea.
  • Options
    Both :)

I am who I am, and people know that. So do I.

I'm one of those people that's the same around everybody - if I have an opinion that goes against somebody else's I'll say etc.

If people ask me advice etc, I'll always tell them straight. Everybody who knows me (well enough) is aware and so expect nothing less. Most of my friends are like this. It can take people that don't know me a little by surprise and they get the brief impression I'm being nasty, when I'm just being straight down the line.

Oh - and if I'm in a mood (not very often - but when I got told my 21 year old brother has only a few years before liver failure - amongst other ailments, for example... I wasn't in a chatty mood) I'll just tell people as soon as I see them/get home/whatever and apologise for being a bit quiet in case I snap at somebody. Just very straight up.
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure my mates think i'm shy until you get to know me. i'm sometimes labelled the clever one, because I used to be smart at school, gone downhill a bit since then though! My friend Hannah once said she admired that I stick to my principles and am always honest :)

i suppose these things are true, but I don't really think about a perception of myself, I'd find it hard to describe myself personality wise

As for people on thesite, i probs haven't been around long enough to form a perception i guess
  • Options
    People on the site - I'd say people on here who knew me when I first signed up thought I was a bit of an attention seeker. I was going through quite alot at the time and heavily relied on the site as I didn't really have anyone I could talk to in real life. It was constantly thread after thread after thread (because unfortunately for me, everything was happening at once) which is why some people thought I was lying. I wasn't though. If they choose to believe that then its their own problem.

There is some people on here that hate my guts who brand me with labels such as "horrid", "lying manipulative tart", "stupid ugly bitch", etc. I can safely say that there is some people who hate me. Ah well.

I'd like to think most people liked me though and from what I've been told, they do :)

People in real life - My mates at work (well, I say work but I've just recently quit) say I'm a "mad head" because I'm always dancing/singing and always smiling. People often tell me that I'm bubbly and always make them smile. I'm always up for a laugh and I think that explains why my phone is always ringing as I'm always invited out for things.

People who know me a little better say I'm a little stressy because tbh, I am. They also think I'm a little clumsy because I'm always walking into things, dropping things, etc.

People often tell me I'm too organised. I like things to be organised all the time. If its not, I stress. This annoys my best friend.

Other people have told me that I have a heart of gold and wouldn't harm a fly :)
  • Options
    On here:- No idea. Probably that I can be vaguely funny, I'm vaguely annoying and that I'm a geek. Maybe that I'd incredibly cynical. I tend to just roll my eyes and sigh at a lot of the moronic/dirtbag/arse kissing posts on here because I can't be bothered with arguments, so I probably seem a lot more jovial than I really am.

Real Life:- Not a fucking clue. I have serious self perception problems so I automatically assume that people can't stand me. C'est la vie.
  • Options
    in real life: my friends think i'm funny and really blunt and i say what others are too afraid to

on here: no idea, you guys will have to tell me
  • Options
    On Here:
    I haven't really got a clue, if anyone would like to tell me, positive and negative things are welcome.

In Real Life
    I was told the other day that i'm straight to the point. I don't beat around the bush. If i'm not happy with something il say and i was told that is the best thing in some cases. Also i was told that i'm very loving when it comes to relationships and empathetic towards most. I reflect on a lot of things, can be very emotional and over think things :(

That's all i can think of what people have told me.
  • Options
    on here - My biggest worry is that I've gained a rep for a prat because of my posts from when I first came, but nowadays I just think that Im out of the way.

I.R.L, I dunno, quiet, friendly, you know shit like that.

I like most people on here though :)
  • Options
    i think people think i'm shy, 'random' (i quote), sarcastic, childish, confusing, complicated and without doubt absolutely round the bend :)
  • Options
    I dunno what people on thesite percieve me as. Probably a preachy far left hippy. :razz: What do you guys think?

My friends percive me as a bit of a soft touch, hard working, a bit of a worrier and I make a lot of them laugh. I'm a tomboy... Aww one mate told me fairly recently that I'm inspiring. :blush:

I don't see myself as that way. I guess I see myself as somebody who doesn't work hard enough (although I'm working harder now), I need to lose weight and chill out more. I think about myself too much, although I'm trying to make changes to the world I doubt I am intelligent or articulate enough to get very far career-wise. But on the plus side, I think that I am a caring person and do my best never to hurt anyone (or any living creature) and I would rather get nowhere career-wise if it means compromising my morals. *shrug*
  • Options
    oh here - probably a bit rude and abrupt.

in real life - not sure! i think i come across in the wrong way most of the time haha. i was with my mate for her birthday a few months back and her friend was there who i don't know very well. we were chatting and for some reason i asked her what her first impressions of me were and she said bubbly and chatty. i was well chuffed - because sometimes i think i come across as a bit stand off ish.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    in real life: my friends think i'm funny and really blunt and i say what others are too afraid to

on here: no idea, you guys will have to tell me

Well I think you're very sweet from what I know. :)
  • Options
    On here: That i'm a bitch.

Real Life: That i'm a bitch.
  • Options
    On here - no idea. I think some people think I'm a bit naive though.

In real life - a girl I don't know very well from college was saying the other dayactually, that I come across as very friendly and bubbly, and on nights out apparently I come across as someone who's up for a good time. To be fair , it's probably a reasonable perception of me, I guess my ability to talk to anyone for hours on end could come across bubbly. :)
  • Options
    go on..tell me iwhether if what i think people think of me on here is true.. :p
  • Options
    oh here - probably a bit rude and abrupt.

I've never thought that haha. Not that I remember anyway :)
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    On here: That i'm a bitch.

Real Life: That i'm a bitch.

I wouldn't say you're a bitch. Everybody's different.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    I've never thought that haha. Not that I remember anyway :)

cheers! though i think it's a 'good' trait of mine sometimes - i say things how they are. some people mistake that for rudeness. ;)
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    I wouldn't say you're a bitch. Everybody's different.

Clever people that understand the difference between straight talking, and being nasty don't think i'm a bitch. Others might :p
  • Options
    People on here probably think I'm a pill popping random, scarastic besom.

Same IRL, too.

Hah.
  • Options
    Clever people that understand the difference between straight talking, and being nasty don't think i'm a bitch. Others might :p
    Well you say what's on your mind... Tbh, I think a "bitch" is somebody manipulative, or a female dog.
  • Options

I just think you have a particularly 'cutting' sense of humour, to go with your straight talking, which a lot of people would take wrongly.

I quite like it! :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I think in real life I'm percieved as a lazy joker, someone with the skills but not the effort.

On here I reckon the majority think I'm a cunt, I'm sure some do like me.

Although being 110% honest I couldnt care less what most people think.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Although being 110% honest I couldnt care less what most people think.

Me too. :D
  • Options
    In real life I think people see me as a bit crazy. I was once described as mysterious... Probably cos I don't like opening up to people; so it can be quite hard to get to know the 'real' me. Probably come across as shy and quiet. I'm actually quite assertive and can have a bad temper... but I think people just think I'm all vunerable... I've been described as delicate and sweet... and I don't feel either most of the time.

On here, I doubt many people have any perceptions of me cos I don't think I'm taken much notice of. lol
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Well I think you're very sweet from what I know. :)

:heart:
  • Options
    IRL people think I'm a likeable chap who likes to have fun and that's what I am like.

Here, well I know some people don't like me but sure I don't give a fuck.
  • Options
    a bit of a pisshead turlough. :p

but quite sweet all the same. :)
  • Options
    go on..tell me iwhether if what i think people think of me on here is true.. :p

i always thought you were blunt as fuck the whole time lol, good thing or bad thing depending on the person :)

on here: dunno what people think... i dont really get tooooo involved so i guess im an unknown entity

real life: funny, almost never serious (moan a fair bit though :D) i think thats what my friends think anyway!