Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weirdness with sister's uni application...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok, so, me and my twin have both applied to Uni. Whereas I am still in college after repeating my first year, she has applied having already taken her A-Levels. We both have two offers (along with my two rejections from my long shots :grump: ). She has one from Greenwich, which is her first choice, but the one she has from Wolverhampton is slightly confusing.

I assumed, naturally, that all her replies would either be Unconditional or Unsuccessful, as she already has her grades etc. but for some reason she has a Conditional from Wolverhampton. It says she needs 160 UCAS points (which she has got), but as she already has them, why is it Conditional?

The whole house is a bit confused, so anybody who could shed any light would be uberly helpful :).
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They picked the wrong letter when they hit auto send.

Ring them up and ask for clarification.
    Silly people :o.

I shall tell her to do that :yes:.
    I know a couple of my friends who reapplied post A levels got 'conditional' offers which they had already met the conditions for and when they asked for clarification they were just told that as long as they met the offer then it was fine.

Sometimes they stay as conditional until they have 'proof' that you have met the conditions, if this is the case then getting in touch with the uni will tell her what kind of proof they need.
    I had a problem with Wolves uni when i started my first degree. I all ready had a HND and was offered a final year top up. My friends with the same qualification were offered entry point 2 though. I wish i'd never asked why, because it turned out to be a cock up and i was de graded to year 2. Other uni's let you in year 3 though. I was not happy. :grump:
    Maybe it's a popular course and if too many have applied then they'll look at other things such as the Personal Statement or offer an interview.
    They haven't, though. They've just said that she will get in if she gets 160 UCAS points. They don't offer places before interviews anyway afaik.
    Franki wrote: »
    They haven't, though. They've just said that she will get in if she gets 160 UCAS points. They don't offer places before interviews anyway afaik.

well, i'd take that as if she's already got 160 points then sh'e in.