Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Learning from home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
didnt know where to put this so i put it in here.

Right well im pretty bored with life working away in my wee village and wanted to get back to learning (brain feels like its dying) was wanting to do a home uni course type of thing but im not sure about the availability in the north of scotland, i would go back to uni but my health kinda restricts me as i found out first time i went i had to give up after 6 months due to illness.

so was just wondering A. anyone know of such a thing up here in the sticks and B. has anyone used these type of courses and what did they make of them?.

muchos thankyous

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    so was just wondering A. anyone know of such a thing up here in the sticks and B. has anyone used these type of courses and what did they make of them?.
    A. most universities inc. the open university do distance learning courses. ask anywhere. you can study from anywhere.
    B. i've done some distance learning modules as part of my degree. they are good but you do need more motivation to get your head down and work then you do to turning up to your classes. myn were quite interactive, though i've this discussion before, it really depends on where you go and how geared up the place is to tutoring online.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    You can do Open University.

I've from North Scotland too and I knew a few people doing OU.

Also, what about University of Highlands and Islands? Don't they do vocational stuff at some of the local colleges. I knew someone who got a qualification from UHI through Inverness College and she only went in 2 days a week as she did a lot of it through distance learning. It was something business studies-y.