Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dry face

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my face is really dry and I was wondering if there's anything I can us to stop it from drying out? And to get rid of the dead skin?

It's got a lot worse since I've been unwell.

I don't like using products, so can anybody recommend something which isn't likely to be tested on animals?

Ta

Comments

• Options
    Moisturizers/exfoliants are the nly thing that will really help there. And drinking lots of water.

Body Shop products aren't tested on animals, if that's any help.
  • Options
    don't use exfoliants - i made that mistake and it got worse, just keep using moisturiser
  • Options
    Have you ever considered the Lush range, none of their products are animal tested and a lot are even vegan and i think organic. They are a bit pricey for some things but i've always found that a little goes a long way in terms of their cleansers, toners and moistuisers.

www.lush.co.uk
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    Have you ever considered the Lush range, none of their products are animal tested and a lot are even vegan and i think organic. They are a bit pricey for some things but i've always found that a little goes a long way in terms of their cleansers, toners and moistuisers.

www.lush.co.uk

Yeah, I normally shop in Lush.

Their Karma perfume is amazing.:heart:
  • Options
    nothing beats e45 for dry skin
  • Options
    Then have you tried their skin care range? I used to use herbalism, my skin is oily combination and reacts badly to some products. But this was gentle and worked....only problem was i was forgeting to use toner....so well yeh im stupid.

Pop in and have a chat to them about it, they tend to be helpful and give you a few options.
  • Options
    I love lush moisturisers!!
    Be worth going in there and asking what they suggest maybe
  • Options
    Aren't lush products technically edible?

I wouldn't recommend you test it out, just in case though.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

I wouldn't recommend you test it out, just in case though.

They probably are as they're all natural.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    They probably are as they're all natural.

Well poo is natural too me dear ;)
  • Options
    i munched on the coconut bits on one of the soaps, its as natural as it gets ;)
  • Options
    Not to sound like a dumbass... But I have this all over body moisturiser, is it Ok to use on my face?

My aloe vera stuff causes me to flare up. Appaently olive oil might work?

I don't do girl stuff very well.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

Some of them smell edible!!!!
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Not to sound like a dumbass... But I have this all over body moisturiser, is it Ok to use on my face?

I'd doubt it, the skin on your face tends to be alot more delicate than anywhere else on your body, so you'll need a cream suitable for your skin type which is a facial body moisturizer.

And Ballerina, I can't imagine why an exfoliant would make your skin worse? Unless you were really scrubbing hard, and making it red and angry, or it wasn't suitable for your skin type? Exfoliants are there to remove the drier dead layer of your skin cells which we lose regularly anyway, it just ensures it's all gone, to expose the newer softer layer on skin.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    I'd doubt it, the skin on your face tends to be alot more delicate than anywhere else on your body, so you'll need a cream suitable for your skin type which is a facial body moisturizer.

And Ballerina, I can't imagine why an exfoliant would make your skin worse? Unless you were really scrubbing hard, and making it red and angry, or it wasn't suitable for your skin type? Exfoliants are there to remove the drier dead layer of your skin cells which we lose regularly anyway, it just ensures it's all gone, to expose the newer softer layer on skin.

well mine was flaring up and got really dry, and i kept exfoliating it and then moisturising but it'd be back within a few minutes. I'd used it before with no problems. It depends why your skins dry tbh. Mines very sensitive so i think it was getting angry at me.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    well mine was flaring up and got really dry, and i kept exfoliating it and then moisturising but it'd be back within a few minutes. I'd used it before with no problems. It depends why your skins dry tbh. Mines very sensitive so i think it was getting angry at me.

Yeah, alot of exfoliators don't agree with sensitive skins unfortunetly (I'm the same) unless they're specifically for sensitive skin. And even then you have to be careful.

Maybe try St Ives Apricot Scrub for sensitive skin? It's quite good and delicate. My skins nice enough after using it, (if a bit tight feeling) but I'm quite badly allergic to one of the ingredients, so it's my own fault really :)
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Yeah, alot of exfoliators don't agree with sensitive skins unfortunetly (I'm the same) unless they're specifically for sensitive skin. And even then you have to be careful.

Maybe try St Ives Apricot Scrub for sensitive skin? It's quite good and delicate. My skins nice enough after using it, (if a bit tight feeling) but I'm quite badly allergic to one of the ingredients, so it's my own fault really :)

thats the scrub i was using lol
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    thats the scrub i was using lol

Oh god :) I'm still searching for one that's good on sensitive skin (bar the college ones, as they're far too expensive), If I find one, I'll let you know :)
  • Options
    Have the same prob at the mo! It's the damn cold weather! I just slap on the nearest moisturiser I find on the shop shelf. Normally the cheapest lol :)
  • Options
    How about a moisturizing mask? When it gets really bitter and windy out I like to use it once a week and it helps.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    How about a moisturizing mask? When it gets really bitter and windy out I like to use it once a week and it helps.

Yeah may do, they actually have BUAV approved face masks in Boots and Wilko's, ta.
  • Options
    Got Lush's "skin drink" stuff as they said it's the best.
  • Options
    Body Shop Tea Tree matifying mositure gel (or something like that, the moisturery one in the tea tree range) has always done me good.