Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Movind out, worries?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
erm..is this normal?

I've been living at home all my life and now it looks like im going to be moving in a student house next year with a few friends.
I keep going from excited to nervous and worried then back to excited again..:shocking:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its pretty normal. I'm sure you're going to have a great time. I'm excited just thinking about the prospect of one day moving out of home and into a stuent house when/if I go to Uni (I'm 23)
    most people going to uni will be leaving home for the first time. you'll be fine!! you're at uni near where your home is anyway aren't you? it's great, the independence is priceless. :thumb:
    most people going to uni will be leaving home for the first time. you'll be fine!! you're at uni near where your home is anyway aren't you? it's great, the independence is priceless. :thumb:

Agreed, when you move out everybody else in the house with you is in the same boat. In fact you have the advantage of probably knowing who you choose your flatmates to be, unlike first year halls where you don't know who you're going to be spending a year of your life with. Some people react differently to moving out, I know one girl that I happened to bump into on the previous friday afternoon, she finished lectures at 1 and got to the train station by 2 to go home she was that desperate to get back. Then again theres someone like me who has to be called up and asked several times before even attempting to make the trip back home.

Personally, I think you'll love it..:D
    :yes: guess its normal.
    I was terrified but excited at the same time.

I love the independence I have now though. I'm never moving back home.