Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nokia 6111

Am due to get this phone tomorrow. Does anyone know how many songs it holds? I've had a look on the Nokia website and Amazon but it does't say.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    with a memory of 23 megabytes I'd guess about 6/7?

Are you sure it's the phone you want? Doesn't seem to have great reviews...
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Are you sure it's the phone you want? Doesn't seem to have great reviews...

It's not brilliant, but its not awful. I have my moments where I can't work it, but thats me. It's really simple in reality, I'm crap.

As for the songs thing, I can't really comment as I don't store full songs on my mobile - never have. It holds a hell of alot of texts though. I think I'm on about 1500 now, and haven't deleted any since having it in September. I refuse to delete them til I find out how many it can roughly hold :lol:
    My phone is on about 13,000 :p. Mind you, it crashes if I try to delete them all. :(
    My phone is on about 13,000 :p. Mind you, it crashes if I try to delete them all. :(

Yes. But I'm crap with technology, and I'm in total shock that this phone can handle so much of my best mates ramblings (which often can be up to be 4 or 5 "messages" in one text, if you understand me.) So I dread to think what the number would be if they were all single messages it was holding. It does OK this little phone :)
    with a memory of 23 megabytes I'd guess about 6/7?

Which is what I thought but I'm sure on Amazon it said it held alot more than that.:confused:

I could've been offered more phones but had to choose over the other end of the bloody phone. And I couldn't get the one I wanted.:(
    I found this on the Sainsburys website: (which is where I'm meant to get my phone from or something)
    Why carry a mobile phone and a digital music player around when you can carry both in your phone? And we're not talking a couple of tracks either! Many mobile phones allow for high capacity memory cards to be inserted such as TransFlash or miniSD, which means your journeys to work can be filled with song!
    Yea, I've got a 2gb mini-sd card on mine. I don't think the 6111 has expandable memory though.
    It doesn't.
    Did you get that phone on contract? Cos if you did, then you can always return it for something with more memory. (within about 14 days iirc)
    Yes I did. I'm going to use it for a few days then decide whether I like it not.
    Ive got that phone but I don't store music on it
    I think I might send this one back. I got it mainly so that my mum wouldn't moan at the amount of times I'm charging batteries up for my MP3 player. Anyone got any recommendations?
    I'm slightly out of touch but I've heard good things about the k750i.

But err, for a specific music thing, erm, i'll get back to you after my dinner heh xx
    Thanks ShyBoy.
    Avoid the 6111 at all costs:no: , poor camera, low memory without expansion and its so unreliable! o many people have had faulty ones (I work with phones)

I would recommend one of the Sony ericsson walkman handsets if you are planning on using it as an MP3 player. The w810 or w850 are good bets with 512mb and 1gb respectively and their battery life is fantastic too.:thumb:
    k750i is a brilliant phone, and you can get a 2000mb memorystick duo for it for quite cheap.

Or if you fancy splashing a bit more cash get the k800i and a memorystick M2 card.

You might want to consider the w800i over the k750i, They go for roughly the same price, but the w800i has more standard memory, and is more aimed for music playback.
    I was looking at the Sony phones earlier. I might see if I can get one. (it does depend though because of my contract)

Does anyone know what the Nokia N91 is like, please?

How much are the memory sticks?
    here it is about £15 for 2GB, which will store roughly 500 songs..

that card will fit the k750i and w800i and w810i

I think those S-E's should be fairly affordable under contract, the newer ones (like the k800i) would be a tenner or so more expensive per month.

They'll swap the phone over no problems :)
    Sofie wrote: »
    I was looking at the Sony phones earlier. I might see if I can get one. (it does depend though because of my contract)

Does anyone know what the Nokia N91 is like, please?

How much are the memory sticks?

http://www.mobymemory.com/Memory_Stick_Duo_Pro_Memory_Cards.asp?PARTNER=GA_DUO&gclid=CJ--i7OSoooCFTggMAodBjm6sg

1gb (250 songs?) - £16.99
    2gb (500 songs?) - £29.99
    4gb (1000 songs) - £68.99

Obviously there the 2gb is best value for money.

Can't say much about the N91, although this website: http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/nokia-n91.htm can. It also has lots of other reviews of pretty much every phone ever made :).

One thing I would say, when I tried an N70 in the shop it literally took a minute or more just to turn on. :(
    Can't get the K800i (or was it the K750i?) on O2.

Thanks ShyBoy & Noog.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Can't get the K800i (or was it the K750i?) on O2.

Thanks ShyBoy & Noog.

k750i or the w800i. I think. What you going with then? :p
    Not deidied yet! Do like the W810i, but can I get in any other colour apart from black? My sister has the black and I don't want to mix hers up with me.
    Put stickers on it? :)
    Good thinking! I will do that if I get it.

I'm confused now - on Tuesday, I got told that I couldn't get the Nokia N73, but on the Sainsburys website (which is who I have my contract with) it says I can... :confused:
    Why don't you give them a ring and see what they say, they do seem to be giving you a lot of contradictary information. CS sucks like that a lot of the time.

Having worked in customer services / sales, the 'veterans' are so arrogant and think all the customers are complete idiots. Utter lack of respect. But that's just my experience :p