Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What not to wear...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What not to wear are looking for teenagers...

What Not To Wear…

...is back for a new series and looking for

Teenagers who are 15 or over

Do you worry about how you look?

Do your clothes mean you don’t fit in?

Or do you lack individuality?

Are you constantly comparing yourself with your friends?

Is this you? Or someone you know?

If so What Not To Wear wants to hear from you now.

Apply on line: www.bbc.co.uk/whatnottowear

Email: whatnottowear@bbc.co.uk

or call: 020 8752 6044

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I didn't have such a good dress sense I would jump for joy at this. Fucking love the program, love Trinny and Susanna, Fucking ace it is!

EDIT: Just looked at the link and it's not even fucking trinny and susanna. Fuck that one then!
    The most annoying thing about this program is the hosts - they are supposed to be 'fashion gurus' or whatever but all they ever wear is just whatever the latest trend is regardless of if it suits them (which it normally doesnt..)
    I hope this show crashes and burns.
    icey wrote: »
    The most annoying thing about this program is the hosts - they are supposed to be 'fashion gurus' or whatever but all they ever wear is just whatever the latest trend is regardless of if it suits them (which it normally doesnt..)
    I hope this show crashes and burns.

Noo Noo Noo Noo Noo, Trinny and Susanna don't dress to fashion they dress to shape and appropiate to age, work etc. They go live the life beforehand to understand and as they explain the type of clothing they explain why they should be wearing such a shape, not because it is popular or in fashion but more because that is what will compliment the persons shape and figure.

I agree all the other people who have tried to copy the show (e.g the advert above) are talking about shite most of the time. But the real what not to wear don't do shitty show, they do a good show.

(can you tell Im a slight fan?)
    Trinny and susannah have no dress sense for themselves so how can they possibly advise others?
    Every time I've seen that show one or sometimes both of them will be wearing something that makes them look just hideous and normally frumpy - which is a difficult task because they have like 5 inch waists.
    I gave up watching when they made a 40 odd year old women into mutton dressed as lamb. she dressed all officey in suits etc beforehand and they decided to put in in one of those long tops/dresses with leggings and big chunky beads etc. retards the pair of them.
    Trinny and susannah have no dress sense for themselves so how can they possibly advise others?
    Every time I've seen that show one or sometimes both of them will be wearing something that makes them look just hideous and normally frumpy - which is a difficult task because they have like 5 inch waists.
    I gave up watching when they made a 40 odd year old women into mutton dressed as lamb. she dressed all officey in suits etc beforehand and they decided to put in in one of those long tops/dresses with leggings and big chunky beads etc. retards the pair of them.

no no no they always look ten times better after the transformation than before. Most importantly the person always feels better in themselves and their clothes than they did beforehand, they are bold and more confident and happy and outgoing. That is clear in the videos and photo shoots we see at the end. OK fair enough they do choose some stuff which doesn't look super on them but the majority of the time they do a whole site of good.

Just because you don't like what they dress them in, doesn't mean it is bad styled clothes.
    The whole show is a set up and just a con to make people beleive that trinny and susannah are the most fashionable people in the world or something.
    For example: At the end of the show when the 'victim's' new look is revealed why are they always so shocked?
    "OMG this is amazing i never thought i could look so good........" hang on..didnt you just put the clothes on yourself? did you not look when doing this?

:no:

Whether you like or loathe them (and as a man I wouldn't expect you to like them, I don't know a single one who does) they have a very distinguished background in fashion and an excellent eye for what suits different women and their particular bodyshape. They change people's lives too, and while it might seem like a frivolous way to do it, it works for some people - and I don't think that's anything to be sniffed at.

Also, I think that T&S themselves dress in a fairly conservative way, just use a lot of colour and plenty of accessories. I'm a bit surprised that anyone would take exception to their clothes, really.
    The whole show is a set up and just a con to make people beleive that trinny and susannah are the most fashionable people in the world or something.
    For example: At the end of the show when the 'victim's' new look is revealed why are they always so shocked?
    "OMG this is amazing i never thought i could look so good........" hang on..didnt you just put the clothes on yourself? did you not look when doing this?

They didn't see their hair change or their make up done by a professional, then the outfit on too. They look completley different and it would be a shock. If someone did your hair and whatever and put you in something completly different you are bound to be shocked.
    briggi wrote: »
    :no:

Whether you like or loathe them (and as a man I wouldn't expect you to like them, I don't know a single one who does) they have a very distinguished background in fashion and an excellent eye for what suits different women and their particular bodyshape. They change people's lives too, and while it might seem like a frivolous way to do it, it works for some people - and I don't think that's anything to be sniffed at.

Also, I think that T&S themselves dress in a fairly conservative way, just use a lot of colour and plenty of accessories. I'm a bit surprised that anyone would take exception to their clothes, really.

Thankyou Briggi! I thought I was the only person who think they do some good for a minute then!
    Well i think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
    Two has beens dressing like teenagers and telling others to do the same..no thanks.
    Well i think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
    Two has beens dressing like teenagers and telling others to do the same..no thanks.

Indeed.

But I think your assertion that they dress like teenagers is pretty weird and WAY off-base; I have never seen teenagers in floor length Missoni cardigans, fishtail skirts and wrapover tops. Nottingham must be weird as fuck.

Oh, and as for being has-beens. When exactly were they "beens" in your esteemed opinion, then? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not hinting that because they're on the wrong side of 40 they can't dress fashionably and have valid opinions on dressing and styling women. Because if that is what you were getting at, that is seriously backward.
    I think it's all a bit shallow, really.
    Bit hypocritical since Tranny and Susannah have their own bloody fashion consultants to dress them!
    Jazza wrote: »
    Bit hypocritical since Tranny and Susannah have their own bloody fashion consultants to dress them!

They do?

I don't think it's shallow, fashion is interesting and the psychology behind why someone has stopped caring what they look like is even more interesting [especially in terms of women, when there are usually outside factors like divorce, the menopause etc as they cover in their shows].

If finding that intruiging and entertaining is "shallow", well, I must be a puddle :thumb:
    I'm sorry iceypops but you are talking absolute BOLLOCKS. you're obviously one of those blokes who has never even bothered to watch more than the first few minutes but then instantly decided you know everything about it.

Same as those blokes who always used to slag off Sex and the City and then when you talked to them you realise they know fuck all about it.

Ands that that :p
    lipsy wrote: »
    I'm sorry iceypops but you are talking absolute BOLLOCKS. you're obviously one of those blokes who has never even bothered to watch more than the first few minutes but then instantly decided you know everything about it.

Same as those blokes who always used to slag off Sex and the City and then when you talked to them you realise they know fuck all about it.

Ands that that :p

:lol::lol::lol: oh Lipsy, my god that made me laugh!
    how old are you when you stop being a teenager? i might pretend i have no style - i wanna be on telly! :D
    the woman on 10 years younger is worse....her glasses are awful
    how old are you when you stop being a teenager? i might pretend i have no style - i wanna be on telly! :D

19 is teenager, 20 isn't.

Also it isn't the proper T&S, it is some fake copycats who have no idea, so you probably have better style yourself than them helping you!
    Ballerina wrote: »

I agree! They do a good job with all the surgery, dentistry, hair and make up but then they let the fucking presenter of the show do the clothes and she has no idea at all! None in the slightest!

Trinny and Susannah or NO ONE!
    Ballerina wrote: »

I think she always looks fabulous but she can't style anyone for shit.
    lipsy wrote: »
    I think she always looks fabulous but she can't style anyone for shit.

Seriously? I think she looks like a clueless beast most of the time. Her hair is also pretty unbearable, but I believe I have ranted ad nauseum about her before so I'll shurrup :razz:
    That's where you're wrong m'dearie. They don't have tiny waists. They don't have anything like perfect figures. They just know how to dress themselves to show off their good bits and hide the bad. That can never be a good thing.

I love them so ner!
    Hmmm interesting!

anyone reckon this is a ploy to get the bbc a fashion sense?
    Trinny and Tranny don't do What Not To Wear anymore, its presented by that genetic defect off MTV.

I like Trinny and Tranny, what they do to the blokes they have on is pretty damn good IMHO. They're not cutting edge fashion (you won't see them put anyone in skinny jeans) but they make people look better for them. Anyone can put Topman's finest on, but they don't do that, they always go for classical looks.

Maybe they do have consultants, but why does that make their opinion wrong? I don't just ask one person what looks good.
    At the end the person is usually infinitately happy with tons more confidence. Can only be a good thing
    Well I could give them some advice I suppose....
    Kermit wrote: »
    Trinny and Tranny don't do What Not To Wear anymore, its presented by that genetic defect off MTV.

awwww I don't like it when people call her Tranny. I think shes gorgeous!