Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Are you snowed in?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am!

I live at the bottom of one the valleys in Wales, I'm as far close to civilization as you can get from the valleys and even I am stuck here now.

I ventured out this morning up to one of the far back valleys to get something from the post office and nearly got stuck with my car not moving up a hill for ages lol..

Then when I returned home I was stuck at the bottom of my street for a few seconds trying to get the car to move.. its bad stuff!! It's still bucketing down as well.

Anyone want any pics? lol

My snowed in activities this week have been watching kids DVDs (Sharks Tale - awesome!!) and playing games with the baby - anyone been doing anything exciting?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Am I snowed in? Am I fuck. It very rarely snows here in the beautiful south. :(
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope... it's been melting slowly here... although I can see a few flakes starting to fall now...
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    only a bit of snow on the floor, and its wet so the snow thats coming down now isnt sticking.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I wish it was - I wouldnt have to go to uni this afternoon then. :(
    Nah, we had a fair bit of snow yesterday... but most of it has gone now.
    Snowed in with a fitty, net access, crate of stella, cava, oz of weed and oodles of food wold be my idea of heaven.
    :no: We haven't had any snow :(
    I was tempted to try and claim that this morning, but I don't think my boss would have believed me.
    I was delayed for my lecture because of the snow yesterday, I had to go back home and put a hat and different shoes on.
    We haven't had a flake of snow.
    You could buy a flake of chocolate in the shop instead.
    Trudged my way through the snow to uni and as I got there they were closing it *fuming*

Cheese on toast where do you live? My boyfriend got sent home from work in Merthyr because the snow is bad. He got the train home with no problems but some people who tried to drive home had to abandon their cars!!
    It's raining here now, so it'll be all gone soon :(
    kangoo wrote: »
    Trudged my way through the snow to uni and as I got there they were closing it *fuming*

Cheese on toast where do you live? My boyfriend got sent home from work in Merthyr because the snow is bad. He got the train home with no problems but some people who tried to drive home had to abandon their cars!!

I live over by Tonyrefail :)

It hasn't been snowing for a few hours and I reckon if I can get out of the street I should be fine on the main roads...

I'm going to try and venture out later anyway!
    Suppose I cant be snowed in when there hasn't even been any snow in my town!
    we got fuck all snow! :(
    not much snow but a really hard frost which turned the roads/pavements into a sheet of solid ice, as per usual i went on my ass at the top of a hill walking home last night and slid the WHOLE way down (a good 200 yards) on my arse :(
    IU've got a horrible feeling that's what outside is like now, hope its not too bad to drive, I'm going for a pint with one of my best muckers!!
    the only snow i have seen this winter is on the top of a mountain i can see from my balcony
    Not snowed in (yet) but WOOHOOO!! ITS SNOWING HERE LOADS!!! :D:D
    I got snowed in over Christmas! We had 3-4 foot of snow :yes:

Airport was closed for 2 days cos of the snow & then when it re-opened, me & some mates sat there for THIRTEEN hours waiting for a flight home :(

Got home in time for Christmas though :) & then pretty much slept through it cos I was so jet-lagged, lol.

Snow's not so bad now though, only a few inches. Tons of ice though :( evil ice.

But going skiing this weekend so yay! :yippe:
    Kinda snowed in.

Shark Tale is pretty good, I agree.
    I live over by Tonyrefail :)

:eek: i live IN tonyrefail, well when im not at uni i do, managed to get home from swansea late this evening, snows wicked deep here though.
    haha I'm down in Thomastown - I'm from Llanharan originally though!

You're far to close for comfort :p

The plan to get out tonight got fucked up, I got in my car and am driving up the road and my fucking tyre was flat, proper flat!!!!!

I got to the garage but it wont hold any air, and my spare is a different size so basically un-usable!!

Had to stay in the with the missus, I had a barney with her earlier which is why I was going out so now I've had to make up prematurely and order a chinese to keep myself happy! lol:yum:
    which chinese did you order from? i wanted a lu's but didnt want to risk trying to drive it....and your close to a pub in thomastown if you want to walk :p if fagins is your thing that is..
    Yup I live right by Fagins ;)

I ordered from Jade Gardens in Talbot Green - They are the bollockssssssssss!

Also if you fancy an Indian, Chowdry's Palace down in Talbot Green are awesome too!!!!

It's going to be here in half an hour, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.:heart:
    gutted :( sitting here eating a chip sarnie instead! didnt make it out either....was planning a few in gilfach lol
    Phil i feel your pain. I live right by the english side of the bridge and it was hectic. We get like your weather system (sadly!) :p
    it took me FOUR HOURS to get home from college because of the snow.

there wasnt any point in us being there in the first place :(
    You big jessies. Get out there with a shovel!