Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the deal with the polls?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok. Is it just me, or is today's poll a bit 'leading'?

Child beauty pagents are:

1) Sick
2) Horrific
3) Should be banned

Um, not much room for manoeuvre, is there?

Not that I agree with these shows, but isn't a poll supposed to be balanced?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Only cos you could never win one :p
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ok. Is it just me, or is today's poll a bit 'leading'?

Child beauty pagents are:

1) Sick
    2) Horrific
    3) Should be banned

Um, not much room for manoeuvre, is there?

Not that I agree with these shows, but isn't a poll supposed to be balanced?

:lol: usually - it's kinda tongue in cheek. Is there really any argument for them? I'm still waiting for one in the thread in P&D...

ETA: I'll just sit back and wait for the floods of emails about it in TheSite inbox ;)
  • Options
    Yeah I know what you mean King of Glasgow, just a slight hint of bias in that poll
  • Options
    Yeah, I can't see any argument for them, but I don't think that's the point. If they're legal, the poll should have an option towards supporting them. I mean, with drugs polls, they don't have the same slant to them even though drugs are illegal. Is it more a question of morality or ethics that's leading today's poll?
    JsT wrote: »
    Only cos you could never win one :p

Well, I'm pretty sure I'd sweep the board :flirt:
  • Options
    Speaking of polls - any inspiration for this weekend's?
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Speaking of polls - any inspiration for this weekend's?

How many inches did you get this week ?

Zilch
    upto a mediocre 4
    a rather saucy 4-8
    a good, hard 10 inches.

Snow of course :D
  • Options
    Yeah, I can't see any argument for them, but I don't think that's the point. If they're legal, the poll should have an option towards supporting them. I mean, with drugs polls, they don't have the same slant to them even though drugs are illegal. Is it more a question of morality or ethics that's leading today's poll?

Well, I'm pretty sure I'd sweep the board :flirt:

The polls aren't reported to anyone else, and we're allowed to have a play every now and again.

As Helen said, we had a look through the p&d thread, couldn't find a single positive thing anyone said about them so decided to have a play. We figured they'd be more of a chance of kicking the debate on the issue of again with this poll than a dull , yes/no/maybe.

And we'd obviously never use a poll like this as a reflection of real opinion... so nerrrr :p
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    How many inches did you get this week ?

Zilch
    upto a mediocre 4
    a rather saucy 4-8
    a good, hard 10 inches.

Snow of course :D

I like :D
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    The polls aren't reported to anyone else, and we're allowed to have a play every now and again.

As Helen said, we had a look through the p&d thread, couldn't find a single positive thing anyone said about them so decided to have a play. We figured they'd be more of a chance of kicking the debate on the issue of again with this poll than a dull , yes/no/maybe.

And we'd obviously never use a poll like this as a reflection of real opinion... so nerrrr :p
    Dude, you didn't.... You didn't just 'nerrrr' me?!?! :(

I kind of figured they weren't reported to anyone, and that they were a bit of a play as well (e.g. 'which is your favourite poll?' a few days ago), it was just odd cause most of the time they are fairly balanced.

And if you had wanted to kick off debate with this issue, then wouldn't it have been better to have included supporting comments so as to antagonise people who voted against each other?
  • Options
    Well it worked :)
  • Options
    Is there really any argument for them? I'm still waiting for one in the thread in P&D...

That's probably because the hyper competitive wack jobs are too busy living vicariously through their children to post on message boards.

I imagine that the run up to a beauty pageant is like the re-education scene in A Clockwork Orange. A child strapped to a chair while images of Barbie, small puppies, marshmallows and horses are flashed past on a massive screen as Ludwig Van plays at a deafening volume. Then a leathery looking woman spray paints make up onto them.
  • Options
    Which crisps are best?
    Monstermunch
    Doritos
    Quavers
    Wotsits
  • Options
    Doritos :D
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Which crisps are best?
    Monstermunch
    Doritos
    Quavers
    Wotsits

heh heh Monster munch

But yep, I thought that also too about todays poll.
  • Options
    Clearaly it would be doritols.
  • Options
    :lol: usually - it's kinda tongue in cheek. Is there really any argument for them? I'm still waiting for one in the thread in P&D...

ETA: I'll just sit back and wait for the floods of emails about it in TheSite inbox ;)

Playing devil's advocate...

Just a bit of fun? :p