Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

stretch marks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 16 and just recently noticed that i've been getting quite alot of white stretch marks on my bum and at the back of my legs slighty. I'm quite thin but my weight does change alot as it's always going up and down. It makes me hate my body and i don't like wearing bikini's or whatver on holiday. It sometimes makes me feel insecure about myself and it worries me that i'm getting stretch marks at a really young age because i would imagine them to get worse as i get older. Is there anything to provent them or reduce the appearence of stretch marks?

Comments

• Options
    My partner swears by using Bio-Oil.

It's expensive for what you get but it's pretty good for things like that and also scars! :)
  • Options
    To be honest i wouldn't worry about it too much. I should say every woman has them so it's not like people will look at you and think how ugly they are, your not different.

I have them on my thighs and only just noticed them on my bum much to my boyfriends amusement. Don't let them stop you wearing a bikini, it's all part of being a woman unfortunately.
  • Options
    It's normal to have stretch marks at 16 - your body's only just started changing. I'm 20 and have stretchmarks on my thighs and hips but they're a part of me!

You could try Bio-oil, which I have at home to use on scars (but haven't actually used) - it's also supposed to help stretch marks fade...

Other than that, learn to love them, that's all you can do! :yes:
  • Options
    It's normal to have stretch marks at 16 - your body's only just started changing. I'm 20 and have stretchmarks on my thighs and hips but they're a part of me!

You could try Bio-oil, which I have at home to use on scars (but haven't actually used) - it's also supposed to help stretch marks fade...

Other than that, learn to love them, that's all you can do! :yes:

:yes: I have stretchmarks and had them at 16 as my body was changing so much. I also have some from where I lost about 2 1/2 stone very quickly when I had a problem with my eating.

Bio Oil is very good though. I'd definately recommend it.
  • Options
    bio oil or e45
  • Options
    Samantha16 wrote: »
    it worries me that i'm getting stretch marks at a really young age because i would imagine them to get worse as i get older.

Don't worry! I have them on my hips and arse, I think most people have a batch somewhere. Got a whole bundle when I was about 14/15, and they haven't got any worse since (they've faded loads and are barely noticeable) and I haven't had any new ones appearing since then. And it's been a while!

I know it's hard, but try not to worry about how they look to other people, cause I guarantee you they look 100 times worse to you than they do to anyone else. I've had to point them out to boyfriends before they noticed they were there. :)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Don't worry! I have them on my hips and arse, I think most people have a batch somewhere. Got a whole bundle when I was about 14/15, and they haven't got any worse since (they've faded loads and are barely noticeable) and I haven't had any new ones appearing since then. And it's been a while!

I know it's hard, but try not to worry about how they look to other people, cause I guarantee you they look 100 times worse to you than they do to anyone else. I've had to point them out to boyfriends before they noticed they were there. :)
    Why would you want to point them out? :razz:

Anyway, I find zinc and castor oil cream quite good for fading stretch marks.
  • Options
    Half of the benefit that any cream will bring is the rubbing it in, so it's not too important what it is.
  • Options
    i use to lik mu stretch marks weirdy enuf bt starting puttin mostier on them as my sister complained they wer horrible :( it made them disappear thou and so did the ones on the bak of my legs
  • Options
    eh sorry what?
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote: »
    i use to lik mu stretch marks weirdy enuf bt starting puttin mostier on them as my sister complained they wer horrible :( it made them disappear thou and so did the ones on the bak of my legs
    Please don't use text talk.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »

Same here. They have faded, no longer glaring red, but pale.

I must get bio-oil
  • Options
    hey i trying to get out of the text talk thing if im in a hurry i do slip into sorry all. what wrong wit not liking strech marks they a part of you and since im hapy with my body i was happy with them aswell