Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Romantic or Pathetic?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i me a girl at a dance class we where partners, we seemed to hit it off and spoke aftewards later i realised i should hve asked her to go get a drink or something but i have little experiance in thse things and im not very spontaneous, anyway i found her on facebook and weve been chating, what do i do know?
should iask her out over facebook? how do i know if she likes me? is there something i could ay to gauge her response so i know whether or nnot to try something? any advice would be most welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Are you still dance class partners?
  • Options
    um

weve only had one lesson together but we agreed to do the rest of the term together.
  • Options
    Tell you what, after the next class why don't you ask her for a drink afterwards?
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Tell you what, after the next class why don't you ask her for a drink afterwards?

Yep! Don't ask her out for a drink over facebook :no: not good.

She will appreciate that you have asked her face to face.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    hmm

yup that wwas my plan but i do the advanced class afterwards so we finish at different times so that negates that plan
  • Options
    How much time difference?
  • Options
    Well can you not ask her whether she wants to go out another time, rather than straight after class? If you know you're gonna see her, then it's better to do it in person because it comes across as a bit more casual, rather than like you've been up all night thinking what to text.
  • Options
    yohanes13 wrote: »
    yup that wwas my plan but i do the advanced class afterwards so we finish at different times so that negates that plan

and you don't start at the same time? You could ask her in the middle of the dance. :naughty:

No but seriously, try get a conversation going and squeezing the question in somewhere.

im teh noob at asking out. ny1 got ny links for dling hax?

Not really. :o
  • Options
    um

theres a 45 minute difference between our finishing times, surely if were dancing and i ask her that would be really unfair/awkward for her if shes not interested
  • Options
    ah

just to add another level of doubt, the day we next see each other is the day before valentines day, speaking as someone with complete ignorance on this matters is there any kind of stigma on asking someone out just before valentineds day or having a first date on valentines day?
  • Options
    I might be well off the mark because I am a bit of a cowboy when it comes to asking girls out.

But personally, I think Valentines day would be a great time to take someone out for the first time - as long as it's going to be a 'date' and not friends having a drink if you get what I mean?

Plus dude you definately don't want to go on the same night as dancing, won't you be all tired and sweaty etc?
  • Options
    h

o so would it be feasable to just walk up to her at the end of the class and say i was wondering if i could take you out for a drink sometime?
  • Options
    I think the best line is hey we should go for a drink some time. If she suggests the evening, for alcohol its a date, if she suggests the daytime for a coffee its more likely to be as friends. Sort of subtle way of finding out where you stand without akwardness...
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    I think the best line is hey we should go for a drink some time. If she suggests the evening, for alcohol its a date, if she suggests the daytime for a coffee its more likely to be as friends. Sort of subtle way of finding out where you stand without akwardness...

I agree with they first bit about what to say, but not necessarily the second-sometimes I'd prefer to go out for coffee, its a little less "formal date" and a bit more getting to know you kind of thing. Maybe thats just me though.
  • Options
    Don't ask her outright. Maybe at the end of the class (i know you say you finish at different times) just ask her what her plans are for the evening. If she's interested she'll probably get the hint at the way the conversation is going. The best answer you can get is "nothing, yet" ;)

But y'know just strike up a conversation about going out in general, and then deciding to go out together should work it's way in naturally.

As for valentines day, personally i'd be wary, since it can make something that might start of casual seem serious.:chin:

Good luck my friend, let us know how it goes :)