Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cookie recipe question...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive found the perfect cookie recipe for the valentines cookies i want to make my boyfriend, however the recipe is for wheat free cookies.

They dont need to be wheat free and all the ingredients i have in my cupboard contain wheat, so would it be ok to just replace the wheat free bits with wheat containing equivalents?

Or would that mess things up and make them not turn out as perfect?

I would normally just go ahead and replace them with the wheat containing equivalent ingredients, but when im comparing this recipe with other cookie recipes, the amounts are really different. for example-

wheat free cookies: 125g butter, 150g brown sugar, 1 medium egg, half teaspoon of vanilla extract, 150g plain flour, 1tsp baking powder

Other cookie recipe (non wheat free): 70g butter (significantly less!!), 50g brown sugar, 50g caster sugar, 1 large egg, 1tsp vanilla extract, 125g plain flour, half tsp bicarbonate of soda

So i dont know. Unless anyone can suggest an excellent cookie recipe that will make gooey centred ones? im doing white chocolate and raspberry flavour.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    erm..why not just make ordinary cookies?
    icey wrote: »
    erm..why not just make ordinary cookies?

because the wheat free recipe says that it makes gooey cookies, and the others dont.

Its important that they have a gooey centre :yum:
    I'm crap at cooking (see my salad thread) but maybe you can just test it out on a few willing friends to see if it goes right :) Then you don't have to worry about it being not perfect for your boyfriend. I'll be a willing guineapig :hyper:
    Rachael wrote: »
    I'm crap at cooking (see my salad thread) but maybe you can just test it out on a few willing friends to see if it goes right :) Then you don't have to worry about it being not perfect for your boyfriend. I'll be a willing guineapig :hyper:

unfortunatly i dont have the chance to make some test ones :( its valentines day tuesday and im making them on monday in a 2 hour time frame while he goes out, he's around the house until then!
    Actually its on wednesday :p
    To make cookies a bit more gooey/chewy just dont cook them for as long.

oops. dam, when am i going to make them :(

ahh thank gawwd, blah u scared the crap outta me for a sec :P
    haha! sorry :D