Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ovulation test

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im gonna get dressed and buy another test, maybe an early test one to be extra sure. hope so! having a great day so far, is my bday, it snowed!! And my boyfriend just got down on one knee and gave me this giant diamond ring. :)
    Wow! Congratulations and Happy Birthday :D
    Oh how brilliant! Happy birthday, and congratulations! And I hope the day gets even better :)
    me too :) will let u all know as soon as i've done the 2nd test.
    Janjan wrote: »
    im gonna get dressed and buy another test, maybe an early test one to be extra sure. hope so! having a great day so far, is my bday, it snowed!! And my boyfriend just got down on one knee and gave me this giant diamond ring. :)

:hyper: wow!
    As lipsy said, any positive line is a positive test as long as you've read the test within the time specified (as, as you may well know, they sometimes go haywire and show up all kinds of weird lines if you leave them "testing" for too long).

When I've tested before I've had strong lines and very, very faint lines and they've all been positive tests. So hopefully that's the case for you, from what you've said it's starting to sound like it might be good news. Got my fingers and toes crossed along with the rest of the girls :) :thumb:

:D

Hope the lucky/happy streak continues for you!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

aww that has made me so fuzzy!

I just read this too, and I am so pleased for you. fingers are crossed.
    we didnt leave the test long before reading, literally did it, washed my hands and stared at it while the little pink bit went across the test strip. am tryin not to get too excited but its difficult
    Awww. Fingers crossed and congratulations.

Birthday AND Ring AND Snow, lets hope it continues to get better.
    Oh yay, a lines a line no matter how faint. Try one of the first responce ones, thats what showed mine up better.
    And for the record i acutally did two within minutes, first one was very faint, second was strong, so it's not always about the first pee having the most strong stuff in it.
    I'm so excited for you.
    Happy birthday what a lovely you are having.
    OH FABULOUS news Janjan, I feel all teary reading that.
    A line is a line even if its faint - it makes no difference - it cant detect something that isnt there.
    I had a faint line with this pregnancy when i tested too. I did about 3 tests in the end though, cos I couldnt believe it :)
    Congratulations hunny!!
    and happy birthday too!!

wow, what a day!!
    have just done a first response test, got a positive, still faint but alot darker than the asda one i did earlier. also did a cheapo chemist one which was incredible faint, but still a line. :) tried ot make drs appointment but cant til 2moro. when is it safe to tell family?
    Whenever you feel happy telling them. I was only 5 weeks when i found out and i couldn't keep it to myself.
    Some people prefer to wait.
    Tell them whenever you feel comfortable, a lot of people are a bit superstitious about it and wait on telling a lot of people until they're considered "safe" but I think most people probably can't keep it from their close family for that long!

Sounds like it's fantastic news, congratulations! :D
    since testin, i've got quite abit of dark discharge, could this be 'spotting'? it wont give me a false positive will it?
    I found out when I was 6 weeks and think I lasted 2 days before telling the world!
    Do you mean as in old blood or just normal discharge colour?
    I told very close family and friends straight away - not aquaintances, mainly because if anything goes wrong, its bloody horrible to have to then explain to people you hardly know, but its definitely worth telling close people because if (god forbid) anything did happen, youll want their support.

The spotting is probably implantation bleeding, incredibly common, but ANY bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out by a doctor ideally.
    usually its nothing though.
    Oh wow! I just woke up! Congrats darling you deserve the baby....and happy birthday and omg you got a ring :)

Now we need to see the ring and in about 6weeks a baby scan pic ;)
    just checked and its like a really light period, barely any blood but still, theres blood. whats the chance ill b inplantin the day i test positive tho?
    Its quite likely it is, but go get it checked out hun,
    Id say head down to the emergency or just turn up at the GPs and tell them your bleeding and got a positive pregnancy test result
    i cant get an appt for drs today :( and i think goin to hospital would be abit over-reacting?
    Maybe call NHS Direct if you're really worried?
    i cant get an appt for drs today :( and i think goin to hospital would be abit over-reacting?

Phone and ask to speak to a doctor, they won't see you anyway, they will probably just refer you to EPU (early pregnancy unit).
    I would just go to the doctors and ask for an emergency appointment. tell them youre pregnant and bleeding.
    They will probably check your cervix is closed, but the chances are that its just implantation bleeding and they wouldnt be able to scan yet anyway until youre 6 or 7 weeks so theyll probably just ask you to keep an eye on it.
    The chances are that the spotting will slow down and stop.
    What colour is it? bright red or just brown/pink?
    And keep your feet up as much as possible...ie no heavy lifting, no stress, no excercise.....at least until it stops or you get it checked over.
    it was very pale red, had a slight pain in my uterus area too, was getting this yesterday. rang nhs direct, said a nurse wud call me back. dont wanna seem to be overreacting, but dont wanna just ignore it either.