Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

access courses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey all just wondering if i do a access course at college and if i pass it if i do the right access course will i get a place in uni on the course i want? just wondering
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey all just wondering if i do a access course at college and if i pass it if i do the right access course will i get a place in uni on the course i want? just wondering

I'm doing one at the minute. Most unis accept you if you pass it.
    I'm thinking of doing one in September at my local college. Once you pass, do you have to go to the nearest Uni or can you go to a different one further away?

I feel like a fresh start.
    Rachael you might be able to help me then. I was thinking of doing one but i got told it's really expensive. How much did you have to pay for yours?
    Danny from what I've seen most unis accept an Access course Pass :)

I'm from Kent (in the SE) and I just got accepted to Hull today.

Lacy..ahhh I think..it was £350 but if you aren't earning and are on JSA you get it free.
    So what do I need to do to apply?

I assume that I've left it too late to apply to start the course for September 2007 so will have to wait until September 2008??

Do I have to apply online or through the college?
    Not sure if its to late i filled my form out online for college yesterday just try see what happens.

1 more question i work but am on a low pay does that mean i have to pay full amount or will i get it for less because i seen some were it says low pay people get it for nothin?

ty for reply all
    Hiya Martin,

The best thing you can do is phone up the college you are applying to and speak to someone who is coordinating the access course you are applying to. They will be able to give you answers about costs and also about getting into Uni as well.

I hope you get in :thumb:
    Where do I apply online?

I'm currently halfway doing AS Business and would need to drop the second year if I got onto the Access course this September but i'm willing to do that.

I'm also worried that i'll be 24/25 by the time I get to Uni and am worried that i'll move away and feel excluded from all the 18 year olds :( Do mature students sleep in halls too?

Sorry to sound dumb but I left school without any real knowledge about Uni.
    Where do I apply online?

I'm currently halfway doing AS Business and would need to drop the second year if I got onto the Access course this September but i'm willing to do that.

I'm also worried that i'll be 24/25 by the time I get to Uni and am worried that i'll move away and feel excluded from all the 18 year olds :( Do mature students sleep in halls too?

Sorry to sound dumb but I left school without any real knowledge about Uni.

You need to find a college where they do the Access course you want. There are people on my course that are 50 odd-ish and they are going to university. Universities are used to mature students and welcome them. As for living on halls, I'm pretty sure that would be fine! Hardly makes you a paedo :) I'm 20 and going to uni (I HOPE) in September.
    Thanks,

I've had a look on my college website and they have a few Access course on there, although 'Humanities' probably appeals most out of them all. I think I should probably speak to someone at the college on what to do next.
    Thanks,

I've had a look on my college website and they have a few Access course on there, although 'Humanities' probably appeals most out of them all. I think I should probably speak to someone at the college on what to do next.

That's the one that I'm doing! :p