Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

23, never kissed a girl

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok well maybe we are not giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.

I think that what he is trying to say (or at least in the logical way I read) is that we are all dominated by the ‘pleasure/pain’ theory and a life of hard work will result one day in the things we really want, NOT necessarily a woman but the promise that things will eventually pan out to a pleasant conclusion, a story with a happy ending. Of course that includes everything which goes with title like a large house, a swimming pool and a beautiful wife.. This medium differs from one person to the next and the goal posts of the definition of ‘hard work’ changes by the day but you see how the people who are working hard are working hard for a reason.

You cannot possibly all blame a man who wants something in return for all the hard work he has put in building his mini-empire. I completely confide in it when, everyday, I look outside of the window and see crime and petty thugs, people who have simply thrown their lives away (and please lets not get into a debate on the brining up of working class kids). Its perfectly acceptable to feel a little…..gutted….when we see folk like this have a greener lawn than us. Why should good karma dwell on the people who don’t deserve it?

Why should people who are 23 and who have never kissed a girl miss out on opportunities that many of us have taken for granted…
  • Options
    Why should people who are 23 and who have never kissed a girl miss out on opportunities that many of us have taken for granted…
    But then why should they be entitled to these oportunities purely because they have done well for themselves?
  • Options
    Jomery wrote: »
    No, I think I deserve a girlfriend because I've worked so hard to achieve so much, be successful and make something of my life, and am therefore more worthy than a loser who has wasted their opportunities.

You deserve nothing.

You do seem to be a rather unpleasant person, and I would expect you to meet someone of the same calibre.
  • Options
    No need to be so rude. Incredible how someone accused me of thinking women are shallow, because they apparantly appreciate looks over calibre. Um, hello? It is extremely shallow for a girl to like a guy based on what they look like, which depends largely on their parents' genetic makeup, rather than their ambition, successfulness, prospects etc, which one has achieved and therefore should impress. Fortunately it seems like the girl I've been texting seems really impressed at the job I have succeeded in achieving and my resultant quality of life.

No... It seems you're the one who appears to think that women are shallow. Women are interested in more than just the money in your pocket. I don't know if you think this is true, or just have low self-esteem...

Hopefuly the girl you've been texting thinks you're a nice guy, rather than a sack of money.
  • Options
    Jomery,

In all fairness, you're not coming over very well here fella. I reckon the deal is you ain't never kissed a girl despite the age of 23, just like myself but because you're successful, you think you should be guaranteed to pull at will.

It doesn't work like that. I've got a mate who is 32, never had a girlfriend, never been laid and never kissed a girl and is even more successful than you. He doesn't get laid because he's a bit of an arrogant tosser.

My advice, and I'm no person to give it but I'm doing the same, is to change your attitude towards women.

I'm intimidated by women and think that pretty much all of them are better than I am and I'm not worthy, you're coming across the exact opposite.
  • Options
    I'm 20 and I've never kissed a girl.
  • Options

Edit - Just noticed gender :D
  • Options
    BarmyArmy wrote: »
    Shit isn't it!

Girls don't have jobby jabbers, though.
  • Options
    Sue White does :yes:
  • Options
    Well you know... I can give you my number. :flirt:

:lol:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Girls don't have jobby jabbers, though.
    They can still shit.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Well you know... I can give you my number. :flirt:

:lol:
    Teehee :blush:
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    No... It seems you're the one who appears to think that women are shallow. Women are interested in more than just the money in your pocket. I don't know if you think this is true, or just have low self-esteem...

Hopefuly the girl you've been texting thinks you're a nice guy, rather than a sack of money.
    I think you're misinterpreting me, I'm not saying women should be attracted to the actual money, but instead what has been achieved - ambition should be seen as an admirable quality in a person, something that reflects on their character, their desire to make the most of their opportunities, surely that's a more important factor than whether someone's 'fit' or not.
  • Options
    You deserve nothing.

You do seem to be a rather unpleasant person
    Everyone says I'm a really nice person.
  • Options
    I think you're misinterpreting me, I'm not saying women should be attracted to the actual money, but instead what has been achieved - ambition should be seen as an admirable quality in a person, something that reflects on their character, their desire to make the most of their opportunities, surely that's a more important factor than whether someone's 'fit' or not.

No, women should be attracted to who they want to be attracted to, not to what you want them to be attracted to so you can get laid.

Every woman is unique, every woman is attracted to different things.

A funny, caring and passionate person who works in a factory is more attractive than somebody who has none of these qualities but a good career.

Ambition is an admirable quality, but you don't just go for one quality in a person, it's all about chemistry. As for the social standing issue, maybe you are dating the wrong sorts of women and should go for somebody who is on a similar career level?

Oh and looks do count. You have to find somebody attractive to be with them.
  • Options
    Being ambitious is an admirable quality, and will attract many people.

Being arrogant and self-centred enough to say that you deserve a girlfriend because you "achieved" something is a detestable quality, and will repel many people. Considering a girlfriend a prize for your hard work will put most women off you.

*shrug*
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Everyone says I'm a really nice person.

Yeah to be fair that was harsh croci :(

Jomery, I think you'd do well to take on board what's being said her overall though.

I don't think anyone would dispute this:
    ambition should be seen as an admirable quality in a person, something that reflects on their character, their desire to make the most of their opportunities, surely that's a more important factor than whether someone's 'fit' or not.

But ambition by itself isn't going to win anyone their next squeeze I wouldn't have thought as Kermit and Namaste have also mentioned - at least not in the long run.

You say you have a current interest, so hope that works out. :)
    You may find it's useful to take a look at TheSite's dealing with dates section for some pointers.