Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Unusual chocolate

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Last night I tried some bizarre chocolate combinations which were actually very tasty. They were milk chocolate with strawberry and paprika, white chocolate with fresh pepper corns and dark chocolate with chilli and ginger. :yum: ( (seriously they were lovely)

Anyone else tried unusual choccie combos?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I once had a chocolate/cheese thing. It was minging! Chocolate should only ever be crossed with fruit & nut if you ask me.
  • Options
    I remember in Sudnerland years and years ago they Walkers did a trial on Chocolate flavoured crips - they were ranksville.
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    I once had a chocolate/cheese thing. It was minging!
    Oooh they sell mint chocolate cheese in Morrisons! I asked for a taster and it was vile :yuck:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Last night I tried some bizarre chocolate combinations which were actually very tasty. They were milk chocolate with strawberry and paprika, white chocolate with fresh pepper corns and dark chocolate with chilli and ginger. :yum: ( (seriously they were lovely)

Anyone else tried unusual choccie combos?

:yum: They sound pretty good!

I'm quite a big fan of lavender dark chocolate. I think that's the strangest one I've tried... I have clearly led a sheltered life.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Ooh, did you find Montezuma's? Yum... I really like the super dark one with chilli...
    The shop in Spitalfields market sells a gorgeous tequila, lime and chilli chocolate, it is probably the best chocolate I have ever tasted...
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    :yum: They sound pretty good!

I'm quite a big fan of lavender dark chocolate. I think that's the strangest one I've tried... I have clearly led a sheltered life.

Yeah I like Rose and Violet cremes :heart:
  • Options
    Kir Royal Chocolates was a strange combination. Even after a whole packet I couldn't decide whether I liked or not.

Hotel Chocolat have some other strange combinations, but I keep resisting them.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LadyJade wrote: »
    Ooh, did you find Montezuma's? Yum... I really like the super dark one with chilli...
    The shop in Spitalfields market sells a gorgeous tequila, lime and chilli chocolate, it is probably the best chocolate I have ever tasted...

I did actually remember you mention that place - looks divine :) . The stuff I had last night was from a shop in Windsor though.

ETA: yes it was montezumas!
  • Options
    my stepdad gave me a bar of dark chocolate with chilli a couple of years back. It sat in my fridge for a year before I threw it out. I dont like dark chocolate or chillis particularly.

he knows me so well.
  • Options
    I've had the chilli chocolate before, not awful but not very nice either.
  • Options
    I went to a restaurant in Paris that sold nothing but souffles and had a chocolate souffle for pudding.
  • Options
    Just to sidetrack... The Co-op sells some amazing Fairtrade choccy!
  • Options
    There's a place near Colchester near Food Factory, does the most bizarre combinations of chocolates, but the favourite amongst our pod at work is the Chilli Chocolate.

Yes, Dark Chocolate with Chilli. The aftertaste is interesting... (And I also didn't spot that pill 'ed and Suzy had already mentioned it :grump:)

There's also Dark Chocolate with Pepper, and White Chocolate with Cinnamon, sadly I work with Dark Chocolate addicts...although no complaints when there's a massive stock of it!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried the Polish Vodka chocolates? They are horrid.
  • Options
    White choc with cinnamon sounds divine!
  • Options
    Selfridges do chocolate ants :D
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Just to sidetrack... The Co-op sells some amazing Fairtrade choccy!
    Montezuma's haven't signed up to Fairtrade, but they have an ethical Trading Fairly policy...
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Yeah I like Rose and Violet cremes :heart:
    Hmmmm, I like the flowery chocs too...
  • Options
    Chilli flavoured chocolate is vile stuff, just ruins the chocolate. Vodka chocolate is quite nice though.
  • Options
    I have had chili, as in like the stuff with minced meat in it that Mexicans eat, with chocolate in the sauce. And it was really mega nice. =]

Chocolate and cheese is a crime against the state.