Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks.

I hope so otherwise

Friends = 0
  • Options
    Can someone give me a fucking kick up the arse please? I have a million and one things I have to do and I cant be bothered to do anything. I'm the happiest I've been for a long, long time, but I cant seem to get motivated to do a thing. :banghead:
  • Options
    ever been surrounded by many people but felt alone??

Its how I'm constantly feeling at the moment, I do think to myself that I'm just being stupid, but Its the way I feel right now.

I've quit my job, which I really enjoyed, I have lots of people around me but to them I'm just a hyperactive happy girl, but its all a front, I actually feel alone and find myself just crying for no reason at all I sleep all day and am awake all night.

2 weeks ago I had a few drinks then came home had an argument with my sister with heightened emotions from the drink I ended up necking a bottle of ibuprofen, it was the last straw, me and my sister are constantly arguing at the moment. I just laugh it off when she says stuff, but shes says some mean things like 'none of us want you here' reffering to my mum hereslf and my bro. though I actually do think she means it because I'm not the best of daughters at the moment cos of the arguments with my sister and sometimes I flip out. I dont feel theres any escape at all.
    I keep finding myself eyeing the stack of my old iron tablets I've got. I almost did it again this weekend after another argument with my mum.

I dont know whether this feeling that I'm just gonna do it again is a cry for help because I want someone to notice theres something wrong because I cant come outright and say it to someone, Id feel daft telling all these things too someone and cant to go to my doctor in town because I have some 26 yr old girl after me.

sorry about the long post but I guess your choice if you read it.
  • Options
    Don't apologise, you're entitled to have a rant when you feel you need to get it out and at least this way you're not involving any of your family. Don't really have any advice, sorry, but no-one's judging you here. xx
  • Options
    Just got back from A&E... 22 ibuprofen and a liason psych consultation later, feeling really really bloody buggery fucking miserable.

Bollocks. I just want to hit things.
  • Options
    Firefly-86 wrote: »
    I seriously insulted porbably my only friend at the moment although ive tried to repair some of the damage its now always going to be there and I wont now get any real chance to sort things out with her until next monday.:banghead:

Not seeing her until Monday might be a good thing. Give you two a chance to calm down. I always find that a break helps more than just arguing and trying to talk to each other a few hours later or something.
  • Options
    dr_carter wrote: »
    Just got back from A&E... 22 ibuprofen and a liason psych consultation later, feeling really really bloody buggery fucking miserable.

Bollocks. I just want to hit things.

Hey you,

Not really sure what to say to you but I did want to respond to your post to say hugs to you, I hope you are feeling better. Hope you got treated well by the A&E and they did not cause you to feel any worse.

Take care,

Randomgirl :)
  • Options
    double post :banghead:
  • Options
    Wow, I’m in such a mess… I madly love a girl who i’ll probably never have, i feel suicidal whenever i see her face or picture and i don’t know what to do. I was o.k. before, I could handle the desire. It’s escalated… I can't sleep, I can't suppress the killing anxiety. I feel so…utterly… shit. I’ve had a three hour test today, am absolutely exhausted and should be doing work right now. She’s constantly on my mind. I really need another girl, because I’ll soon fall off the edge if I don’t… I need someone to take her off my mind, but i doubt anyone ever could. Just leaving this country for a week makes me insane… yet I always see something in her eyes, as if she is hiding something from me.

SHIT. It hurts so much. Wish it would just go away. :crying:
  • Options
    deep fathom I dont think you need someONE to take her off your mind, you need someTHING to do.... something you can get completely dissolved in, I dunno if work will do it, maybe something fun? Just get really into a computer game or something for a few days to ease your mind off it then you can start thinking straight.

These things do go in time but you have to stop reminding yourself of it or thinking of what could be... my advice is don't see her at all, maybe you think she's hiding something from you but maybe that's just your brain telling you that so you can keep hope.

Thought i'd reply here because i've seen you mention this problem quite a few times and I think you need to try and get past it asap or itll just drain you! It's the kind of thing that goes on its own but if you keep seeing her/making yourself think about it then it just starts over and the time itll take to get over it will just start again.
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    Thought i'd reply here because i've seen you mention this problem quite a few times and I think you need to try and get past it asap or itll just drain you!

It's gone past that stage a long time ago...if only it were that easy. I try my best, but i can't, i'm too weak and it's got to me now. I know as well i dont have a chance with her... but there's something in her eyes that compells me to try again and again and again, until i've made an utter fool out of myself.

what's killing me, is that i once had the chance i now so long to have. I had her right where i wanted, but fuck i couldn't handle her. I don't know who i'm becoming, a total wreck... :crying: I just need another chick to fall in love with, become obsessed and have all this shit creep up on me again.

I don't recognise myself anymore. I always let myself down all the time, never do my best. Right now, i'm happy, but i'll soon be disillusioned and be reminded of my genuine, rightful state. I have no reprieve from this, it's always there, haunting me 24/7.

i'll soon pop :crying:

EATA:
    deep fathom I dont think you need someONE to take her off your mind, you need someTHING to do....

no, i know i need someone. It'll make me forget her forever, because my imagination is partly what keeps me alive and kills me at the same time. She'd become but a sad memory. But i know i would need someone even better than her in order for me to forget her, and that is either not possible or would simply kill me. I don't know why i posted, i just feel so...crappy, so incredibly lonely. I have so much work, so many dreams and so many unreciprocated ideas. I go to an international school, and most of them are, i dunno, on different wavelengths i guess.... all this social shit is killing me, and I do have to thank thesite. It lets me write and write, without really bothering about any potential prejudice, which is why i'm writing in such poor grammar and not really looking through...

here I am, exposing myself to God knows how many people. aaaargh... someone give me a remedy. Gah, i have loads of work for tomorrow, which i haven't even started...

I dread the image people must be getting of me....
  • Options
    Nah you don't need another girl to become obsessed with, you need to sort yourself out of this mess!

You once had a chance with her, well thats water under the bridge now. I know you think there's something about her or maybe a part of her thats giving you signals or something, but its likely just your brain telling you this to make it easier to deal with dont you think? I obviously have no idea if she likes you back or not but it just looks that way... there will be plenty of other people in your life. Thinking about someone all the time like that isn't your "genuine rightful state", don't look at it that way... your genuine rightful state is just normal, with your mind on what you're doing instead of getting distracted the whole time.
    It's gone past that stage a long time ago...if only it were that easy. I try my best, but i can't, i'm too weak and it's got to me now.

it probly feels like it but its never 'past that stage'... you just need to stop seeing her, stop trying to see her, totally block it out and you'll stop thinking about her... would you not rather be feeling better and out of this mindframe you're in? im sure life would be a lot less stressful then... It doesn't matter if it has got to you, you're not too weak youre just letting yourself be because it's easier to give in like that with a false hope because it means you don't have to deal with the reality of it. OK so again I don't know the circumstances between how she feels about you etc... but I think it's best to let this one go, even if her "no" was vague, just leave it. I know it's not easy but you gotta make the effort (you say you have but i can tell by the way you're talking about it that you dont really want to forget about it).

gl with it :)
  • Options
    Meh.

I hate some people :(
  • Options
    I know it's not easy but you gotta make the effort (you say you have but i can tell by the way you're talking about it that you dont really want to forget about it).

You make it sound so easy! i'm such a wreck now, i have absolutely no hope and all i want to do is disappear. It's not easy, i know. I can't help thinking she likes me etc etc, she's always a bit special when i'm around her. Always says goodbye when i leave and talks to me every special now and then. why can't she just shut up?

The worst thing, i've got the same feeling i got when i first really talked to her. i've liked her for quite a long time and i have no clue as to how i really dragged myself to her that day. Something out of this world. I have the same desire, only this time it's not the best thing to do. She might just ridicule me, God knows.

Shit i notice now just how obsessed i am. I guess my real problem is just that i'm so inexperienced because i ended up lying to her and becoming antisocial. I started to hate myself and i still do. I dont know what got into me, but i really need to start a-levels and meet some fresh girls and mates for a change and leave this crap behind me. Maybe im insecure when it comes to her, but i've noticed i am quite happy and casual around other girls. :)

I don't know if it's any use going on about how much i long for her... i just look back, wishing I'd never have made that mistake. And she'd be mine by now.

:( Thanks for your help muse, really appreciate it. I just saw her picture on msn, and it came, raging knives slashing in my stomach like never before. That girl could have been mine.

ARGGHGH :mad:
  • Options
    I know I made it sound easy, it's really hard thats just the way i typed it :P Just saying it's not something that's impossible...
    I dont know what got into me, but i really need to start a-levels and meet some fresh girls and mates for a change and leave this crap behind me. Maybe im insecure when it comes to her, but i've noticed i am quite happy and casual around other girls.

Yeah, lets this one go! it's doing you no good.. like you say just seeing her pic set you off, you reallllly need to get rid of any reminders if you wanta get over someone!

np about the help i got nothing else to do atm, im happy to :D
  • Options
    I am such a wimp - I decided today that I was going to go into town to get something and on the way there get a doctor's appointment. I walked past the doctor's thinking that it was shut for lunch time. Walked back and walked right past there.

This is so annoying - I know I need help but I'm still too scared to ask for it. Yet, I'm alright asking an almost complete stranger for advice for it over the internet. (I say 'almost' because I've met her a few times)
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    I am such a wimp - I decided today that I was going to go into town to get something and on the way there get a doctor's appointment. I walked past the doctor's thinking that it was shut for lunch time. Walked back and walked right past there.

This is so annoying - I know I need help but I'm still too scared to ask for it. Yet, I'm alright asking an almost complete stranger for advice for it over the internet. (I say 'almost' because I've met her a few times)

I've been once in six years, and that was a waste of my time when I did. I talk myself into and out of going on a quite regular basis. I just rant/ask for help on here when I need it. Depends on the person I suppose.
  • Options
    Bleugh. Why can't I go more than 2.5 weeks without wanting to cut myself?:(
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Bleugh. Why can't I go more than 2.5 weeks without wanting to cut myself?:(

Wanting to or doing? If you can work through the impulse do it (which I can a lot of the time) then its good. I go through periods of doing/wanting to do it constantly, and periods which can last weeks/months of the thought not crossing my mind. And I then I fuck up (like this morning) and feel like shit again. :banghead:
  • Options
    Wanting. I did cut myself last night and I'm tempted to do it again. :(
  • Options
    Have you tried/do you have any distraction techniques? I use various things to get me through the impulses without doing it, Release your life have several pages devoted to it.
  • Options
    Not tried any yet, but will do, thanks.
  • Options
    It takes a bit of trial and error, but if you find even just a couple it can really help.
  • Options
    Just had a look at the ones on RYL - can't do most of them. I do want to sleep but that will mean that I'm going to up around 4/5am tomorrow...
  • Options
    i just want to harm. i just want to die
  • Options
    If it would help to vent, vent here. There are lots of people who read here and care.

I've been there, I know it's shit. Stay strong.

xx
  • Options
    I managed to cut myself on Wednesday. Do I let the cut dry or do I make sure the cut stays wet? I got that I have to keep it wet, but if I do that, it's slightly painful and I have to cleaning it.
  • Options
    If you have to cover it (with clothing or whatever) best to let it dry and put some kind of padding over it. Hope you're ok.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm alright now. Have just a tubigrip on because I keep catching it on my clothes. (which is too tight and too big)
  • Options
    im sorry im just feeling really down at the moment its been two weeks since i harmed but dont think i can keep it up i just want to see the tear in my skin and the blood sorry