Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

circumsized or not???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    //
    jenni30 wrote: »
    Im not entirely sure what circumsized is, I think i have a vague idea, but what is it? Do many men have it done then? I dont think any of the men ive ever slept with have had it - does it look any different?

Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin, usually performed soon after birth. All Jew and Muslim men are circumcised in a religious ritual which takes place when the baby boy is 8 days old. In America it's become quite widely practised for non-religious reasons, with parents feeling that it's more hygenic, that they're avoiding potential future medical problems, that they don't want their child feeling self-conscious about looking different from daddy or from other boys in the locker room. The medical argument is complete bull though because circumcision isn't routinely practiced by Europeans, Australians, etc, and our men don't have foreskin problems all the time! Some boys do have to be circumcised at a later date for medical reasons, but I don't know what percentage, it's probably pretty low. You'd know if a guy you'd been with was circumcised, though, as it's fairly obvious if he's got a foreskin or not.
    On a side note - studies show men that are circumsised have a 50% less chance of catching HIV.
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    On a side note - studies show men that are circumsised have a 50% less chance of catching HIV.

Well, there was one study recently, and while the trial was stopped, there were inherent flaws, such as the groups being self-selected, no controls for condom use etc. On a blog I read, someone did the math and found that in real terms, it would take 5000 circumsicions to prevent 1 case of HIV.

But going back to the original subject, I've never noticed a real difference in sensation, I've only needed a bit of lube to give a circ'd man a hand job
    wildchild wrote: »
    Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin, usually performed soon after birth. All Jew and Muslim men are circumcised in a religious ritual which takes place when the baby boy is 8 days old..

Useless fact : Apparently boys are circumcised after 8 days because that is when the clotting process only first starts to work properly ...
    In America it's become quite widely practised for non-religious reasons, with parents feeling that it's more hygenic, that they're avoiding potential future medical problems, that they don't want their child feeling self-conscious about looking different from daddy or from other boys in the locker room...

Fortunately, its on the decline now and no major US health board advises it now.
    The medical argument is complete bull though because circumcision isn't routinely practiced by Europeans, Australians, etc, ..

Actually, the Australians used to perform it routinely on babies up until relatively recently but it has been on a sharp decline for the last two decades or so ...
    go_away wrote: »
    Well, there was one study recently, and while the trial was stopped, there were inherent flaws, such as the groups being self-selected, no controls for condom use etc. On a blog I read, someone did the math and found that in real terms, it would take 5000 circumsicions to prevent 1 case of HIV.

I think this story is one of the most recent :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6176209.stm

"Circumcision can cut the rate of HIV infection in heterosexual men by 50%, results from two African trials show.
    The findings are so striking, the US National Institutes of Health decided it would be unethical to continue and stopped the trials early.

It supports a previous South African study which reported similar results.

Experts said it was a significant breakthrough but could not replace standard methods of preventing infection such as condoms."
    I am sorry but what a load of bollocks!!!

how in the hell does circumsion stop HIV??

its cutting off the foreskin, not adding a protecive barrier.

HIV is carried in bodily fluids such as blood and seman. If guy fucks some1 without a condom and he or the person being done has AIDS then there is a high chance they will get AIDS not matter what cuts they have had done.

Forskin rmeoval is only necessary in rare cases when it becomes over grown and or tight/painful on the person but this is rare.

its mostly done for religious reasons and appearnce sake.

Forksin is better coz you don't need any lube.
    Doomsday wrote: »

Aye. I think it's more to do with the dirt and diseases that get easily trapped underneath the foreskin.
    Forskin rmeoval is only necessary in rare cases when it becomes over grown and or tight/painful on the person but this is rare.

Yup, I had a very embarassing and bloody painful accident due to this problem. Luckily circumcision wasn't necessary, but my brother wasn't so lucky when he found out he had a problem and is now without turtle neck.

According to the medical stories, the foreskin is more likely to get minute tears by which HIV can enter the body.
    Teagan wrote: »
    According to the medical stories, the foreskin is more likely to get minute tears by which HIV can enter the body.

:yes: I think that's what the Beeb reported anyway.
    wow I didnt know I was going to stir up so much controversy. I think it is so interesting.
    naa there aint a difference but i prefer circumsized though cus its cleaner
    I think thats a load of crap to be fair. No offence.

Having forskin does not mean you have a dirty penis. All guys should wash their tackle regualrly and if you know your gonna have sex, always a good idea to give it wash b4 hand, especially if you like a blowjob ;)

The foskin isn't a butterfly wing, it doesn't tear easy. You can tear your dick being circumsied you know!

Aye, I think King Louie of France had to have circumcision coz of a problem, in his adulthood.

I did see a prono once where the guys bell end was completely covered by forskin.

however, the majority of guys it just roles back and your knob looks like anyone elses, but you can have the last laugh coz you can spank the monkey without using lube ;)
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I think thats a load of crap to be fair. No offence.

Having forskin does not mean you have a dirty penis. All guys should wash their tackle regualrly and if you know your gonna have sex, always a good idea to give it wash b4 hand, especially if you like a blowjob ;)

The foskin isn't a butterfly wing, it doesn't tear easy. You can tear your dick being circumsied you know!

Aye, I think King Louie of France had to have circumcision coz of a problem, in his adulthood.

I did see a prono once where the guys bell end was completely covered by forskin.

however, the majority of guys it just roles back and your knob looks like anyone elses, but you can have the last laugh coz you can spank the monkey without using lube ;)

I agree, If your dirty then you don't wash. if you have foreskin and shower daily then your just as clean as a circumsized knob. I think it does make a difference pulling back a wee bit when taking a leak, other than that i see no difference.
    The foskin isn't a butterfly wing, it doesn't tear easy. You can tear your dick being circumsied you know!)

Dude, you're entitled to your opinion but have a search on the matter on Google and you will see that a torn foreskin is quite common. Loads of guys snap their 'banjo strings' too .. ouch! :blush:

But you're right about the other stuff .. if you're clean and can pull your foreskin back, there is no need to circumcise. And even then, there are other thngs to try first ....
    you guys are funny!!!
    I doubt I could tell the difference during sex.
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    I don't know where you got the 8 day thing from, it depends on the culture and country

It doesn't depend on the culture and country, it depends on the religion. For Jews it is always 8 days, as stated in the Bible - "On the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shal be circumcised" (Leviticus 12:3). I was writing about Jewish men but then I remembered Muslim men are almost always circumcised too, so I added them into the sentence without changing the end, my bad. You're right, the timing of Muslim circumcision isn't as rigid as that. For them it does depend on the country and their family traditions. Some countries perform it once the boy has recited the whole Koran from start to finish, some use it as a puberty ritual to separate men from boys, some do it 7 days after birth. It's not actually mentioned in the Koran and as the Prophet Mohammed was allegedly born without a foreskin, they can't emulate him in that respect, so it's open to interpretation when is the best time to perform the ritual.
    Teagan wrote:
    Fortunately, its on the decline now and no major US health board advises it now.

It is decreasing in popularity now, but I think it's something close to 60% of American baby boys who are circumcised shortly after birth. So it may not be advised, but it's not advised against either.
    Teagan wrote:
    Actually, the Australians used to perform it routinely on babies up until relatively recently but it has been on a sharp decline for the last two decades or so ...

I think they started advising against it in the 70s, but anyway, I just wanted to make the point that there's no evidence of it being medically necessary for the majority of men in the kind of countries that are like America in terms of development, so it makes no sense that Americans continue to state potential medical problems as grounds for circumcision. I have no problem with people having their sons circumcised, but it annoys me when they justify it with nonsense.
    It is decreasing in popularity now, but I think it's something close to 60% of American baby boys who are circumcised shortly after birth. So it may not be advised, but it's not advised against either.

I think they started advising against it in the 70s, but anyway, I just wanted to make the point that there's no evidence of it being medically necessary for the majority of men in the kind of countries that are like America in terms of development, so it makes no sense that Americans continue to state potential medical problems as grounds for circumcision. I have no problem with people having their sons circumcised, but it annoys me when they justify it with nonsense.

I agree on both points. :yes:
    dd38ll wrote: »
    you guys are funny!!!

You wouldn't find it funny if your foreskin was cut off (if you had one)!!!! :lol:
    Dude, you're entitled to your opinion but have a search on the matter on Google and you will see that a torn foreskin is quite common. Loads of guys snap their 'banjo strings' too .. ouch! :blush:

But you're right about the other stuff .. if you're clean and can pull your foreskin back, there is no need to circumcise. And even then, there are other thngs to try first ....

Oh yeah I know abou tthe 'banjo snapping' thing, heard that a few times but thats a specific injury, not general wear and tear. And anyway, doesnt' cicumcised guys have the 'banjo strap' anyway? I mean its just the extra skin that gets cut away, you skin is stll attached to the end by the so called strap if your cut or not?
    Loads of guys snap their 'banjo strings' too .. ouch! :blush:

I know too well about that :crying:
    I've had mine done, had it done when I was about 6. The stitches were quality, made it look like it had a spikey collar on like some pitbulls wear.

The salt bath leaves a fucking LOT to be desired though.. that's pain I'll never, ever forget.
    I would imagine the cucumber would be a bit too smooth ... skin on skin would cause greater friction.

Carrot? :p

TBH, aside from the potential for more friction, I can't imagine there being any difference during intercourse. During sex I'd be far too busy to notice that I didn't feel a bit of skin there.
    And anyway, doesnt' cicumcised guys have the 'banjo strap' anyway? I mean its just the extra skin that gets cut away, you skin is stll attached to the end by the so called strap if your cut or not?

No - not necessarily. There are different degrees of circumcision from 'partial', 'loose' through to 'tight'. A 'tight' circumcision even has the 'banjo string' (frenulum) cut away.
    Aspire wrote: »
    The salt bath leaves a fucking LOT to be desired though.. that's pain I'll never, ever forget.

Some guys seem to suffer more than others, from what I have heard. Salt water? Ooooooooooouch! :blush:
    they cut the banjo strap?? damn that would be painful. *shudders*

think I'll keep mine as it is thanks...opps did I just give away something there?? ;)
    what is the "banjo string"?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    what is the "banjo string"?
    The frenulum.