Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

am i doing myself harm??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
as many of you know i have had various eating problems at intervals during my teen years. i suppose you could say i had both anorexia and bulimia although i was diagnosed as a bulimic. but i think you're either neither or both. anyway, recently i have pretty much been under control but i have this new habit. if i'm going out in the evening i don't eat or drink for the day. it gives me really bad stomach pains but i just take some paracetamol and go out. thing is i'm drinking alcohol on a totally empty stomach and i was just wondering is this bad for you???

i'm not denying that women are stupid; God made us to match the men.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeh its bad for u i think. as hard as it sounds, try to eat summin decent at least twice a day.
    id agree tho, i think ure eiher neither or both. uh i feel really fucked, i better go. sorry 4 bein no help
    The way I understand it, if you are bulumic, you're often (but by no means always) anorexic. If you're anorexic, then you are not necessarily bulumic.

And all the grown-ups say is sorry, cos we got no reply.
    i guess i see your point there but in general i think people tend to get both.

i'm not denying that women are stupid; God made us to match the men.
    drinking alcohol on an empty stomach hasmore of an effect, and i think it can make you quite ill. also if ur taking paracetamol and then mixing it with alcohol that can be very dangerous, so don't do it.

You should try eat at least something before you go out.

Take care,

~*~Emma~*~

There's a girl in my mirror
    I wonder who she is
    Sometimes I think I know her
    Sometimes I really wish I did
    i never feel like eatin either if i know im goin out on the piss, but i do try and eat a packet of crisps or sumint.
    paracetamol on an empty stomach can cause probs, i think it can cause stomach ulcers or sumint.
    and mixin it with alcohol can b v.dangerous, i did it once and ive never bin so pissed and ill from alcohol eva, not v.nice.
    I've got a bit of the same problem, mine also goes to not eating if I've had a big meal or a night out the day before.

You really do need to eat something though, not only is it bad for you to take paracetamol and alcohol on an empty stomach, but it also messes up your blood sugar levels (which are also messed up by alcohol)

I know it's hard though..
    Originally posted by helly:
    paracetamol on an empty stomach can cause probs, i think it can cause stomach ulcers or sumint.

I think it's aspirin that can give you stomach ulcers.

Paracetamol needs to be broken down by the liver, which is why you have to leave a gap of 4-6 hours between doses & never take more than 8 tablets a day. The liver is also responsible for beaking down the alcohol (or at least disposing of the toxic components). Taking Paracetamol at the same time as drinking alcohol puts undue stress on the liver.

Please be careful.

j9