Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mate in trouble

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well the reason i asked the psychosis question is cos of a mate, hes just started on pills (5 in total so far, not in one night tho) and he reckons hes got some form of psychosis.

it doesn't sound like it to me but he says he gets these terrible temptations to do something, he said he was at the station and he was tempted to punch this guy tho he didn't want to, n he said he felt tempted to spit in his nans cooking tho he knows he wouldn't want to.

he seems afaid (paranoid) of doing something wrong to people he loves and is having these feelings and he reckons hes getting worse and is going to be in a mental hospital and is convinced hes a psycho.

im really worried about him.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In my oppinion this person should not be doing drugs. It will make the situation so much worse. especially pills, and it may be that drugs are the reason he is like this in the first place.
    A good friend I was in hospital with had drug induced psychosis and he was in a bad way. He was on another planet totally, but was such a nice bloke and its so sad that he ended up the way he did. He, unfotunatly killed himself. He jumped off a building and I will always wonder wether he did it to die or because he truly beleived that he could fly!
    Im not saying this to scare u about your friend but he really needs to stop the drugs if you ask me and get some help. Thats the best bit of advice you can give him. If he dont wanna get help for himself u should tell him that if he really cares about the people he wants to hurt then he would get help before he hurts them for real. I really hope he does this, things will be much better for him if he gets something prescribed instead of prescribing his own drugs!!