Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My Mum didn't want me on them either, but you have to do what is right for yuor health. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    I'm 21
  • Options
    Ok, just wondered. At the end of the day it's your health though.
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna make a doctors appointment and take it from there.
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna make a doctors appointment and take it from there.

Ok, let us know how you get on :) Take care.
  • Options
    Thank you, I will do.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    Thanku Marie, I thought it could be to do with the ADs.

Its probably a comibination of stress/depression and side effects of the ADs, just make sure you get enough sleep, it can really help.
  • Options
    Its probably a comibination of stress/depression and side effects, just make sure you get enough sleep, it can really help.

Ohhh, ok :) I'm trying to get 9 - 10 hours sleep a night, it doesn't feel enough though, I wake up in the mornings tired still, and by 3pm I'm yawning :lol: I give up :)
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    Ohhh, ok :) I'm trying to get 9 - 10 hours sleep a night, it doesn't feel enough though, I wake up in the mornings tired still, and by 3pm I'm yawning :lol: I give up :)

9-10 hours is still quite good. I only get about 7 and I'm knackered by 3pm. Just keep going with the sleep, you'll get there with it. I always used to fall asleep in one of my classes last year as I was so tired by that time of day.
  • Options
    I want to punch things.

My stomach hurts because I did stupid things to it on Friday for the first time in months. And not little stupid things, big burny nasty stupid things which have burst and gone nasty and painful.

I think I might have to leave here because of things and I hate that I'm thinking that, because there are so many good people on here.

I want to curl up into a ball and disappear.
  • Options
    You should get those burns checked out incase they get infected/or if they already are :yes:
  • Options
    It won't. It hurts because I keep banging it on things. I have been being forced to put cream on it, so it's not going to get infected.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Just be careful with them. Infected burns really aren't nice :no:
  • Options
    I know. I've had them.
  • Options
    Good good. You'll know to be careful then :)

To others - hope things are looking up a bit.
  • Options
    Wonderful day- told my tutor that I can't make a deadline, he wasn't impressed whatsoever.
  • Options
    Had a nice chat with someone from recoveryourlife.com - am really thinking about getting help and telling my parents. It won't be easy though.

Today has been shit - got told off for stuff that I couldn't have done anything about. (as I don't have eyes in the back of my head and cn't force a child to do something he doesn't want to do.)
  • Options
    You'll probably feel so much better if your parents know :)

Recoveryourlife.com is a really really good site. I used to use it alot. Theres alot of nice people on there.
  • Options
    You'll probably feel so much better if your parents know :)

Recoveryourlife.com is a really really good site. I used to use it alot. Theres alot of nice people on there.

I did have a chat with someone from there on that live chat thing. What she said and the links she gave me were useful.:)
  • Options
    Note to self:

1) Picking at things makes them bleed. This is NOT, repeat NOT, a good thing.
    2) Never expect people to act the way you would, you will always be severely disappointed.

I think I may have to leave. At least til my exams are over. Maybe I'll be back, but tbh I doubt it.
  • Options
    Why aren't you coming back franki?
  • Options
    *hugs* Franki.

Have you sought medical attention for your burns?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Why aren't you coming back franki?
    Because I can't be arsed with this place anymore.

ETA: Randomgirl - no I haven't. It is burn, singular, and I am going to the doctors on Friday about the...other thing...and so if it's still quite bad then I will mention it.
  • Options
    I think we all feel that way sometimes. I hope you feel better about it after a break though. *hugs*
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    ETA: Randomgirl - no I haven't. It is burn, singular, and I am going to the doctors on Friday about the...other thing...and so if it's still quite bad then I will mention it.

Okay, hope it is okay. It sounds quite painful.
  • Options
    It's alright. Just hurts cause I'm naughty and I keep picking at it.

*shrug*.
  • Options
    Well the last 24 hours have been unbelievably crap.

last night I was just begging for it all to end so I would never have to feel that way again.

I seriously insulted porbably my only friend at the moment although ive tried to repair some of the damage its now always going to be there and I wont now get any real chance to sort things out with her until next monday.:banghead:

and right now I just feel so alone. Im worried because now one of the two things that stop me taking the final step has now gone.
  • Options
    Chin up, she'll be alright given a couple of days. Friends can take an awful lot of punishment sometimes.
  • Options
    I hope so. Although shes caught a whole load of flak off me recently as shes been the only person I actually talk to. Then again I guess im surprised shes listened as long as she has.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Chin up, she'll be alright given a couple of days. Friends can take an awful lot of punishment sometimes.

I get that with some of my freinds as well, you sometimes just have to have a couple of days apart to cool off especially if you have been emotionally demanding of each other, you do snap sometimes.