Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One Sitting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I think it means no re-sits. I think...
  • Options
    One sitting means in the same period of examinations, i.e. the same academic year.
  • Options
    Yep- so retakes are OK as long as they were done in the same academic year as the rest of your exams... it'd be pretty easy to get the 4 A's or whatever if you just did one course/exam per year!
  • Options
    thats a really high offer! Where is that for, and to do what?

btw i have no idea what one sitting means - like everyone else I would assume no retakes
  • Options
    It means all in the same academic year, so you can't do 2 A levels and get 2 As one year, and 2 the next and then meet a 4 As offer.

If you took a subject a year early then you may get away with that.

Does that make sense?
  • Options
    Judging by those results- you are referring to Scottish Highers at a Scottish University? Correct? If you sat English A levels then the requirements will be different.

In Scotland you can sit up to 5 Higher exams in one academic year so I would assume that over one sitting means over the course of one academic year so I would say it means over your 5th year of secondary school and not split over 5 and 6th year. I could be wrong though. What are you applying to do?

If you are really unsure I would advise you to contact the University in question- the number to call will be in the prospectus or you can find it online.

Hope that helps.