Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post counts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just to let people know we've now updated the number of posts people have following a few people asking for their accounts to be deleted - so sorry but people may see their posts have gone down. Afraid not a lot we can do about it without starting to get errors in the database :grump:

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You bunch of cunts :p

I thought mine had gone down a bit but never mind. One step less away from world domination :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Which ones get deleted? Is it ones made in threads by accounts that were deleted?
    Yeah, but it also seems to affect some posts made as replies to deleted users. Hopefully it won't be too bad this time, but it's been a while since we ran a counter update so thought I'd warn you.

Btw - you will be able to see if it has been a problem by now, everything is updated.
    bloody NMM :grump: ;)

feel sorry for all the participants of the counting game :lol:
    bloody NMM :grump: ;)

feel sorry for all the participants of the counting game :lol:

Did He delete his account then?? Why so??
    I already deleted that counting thread - I can still hear Gerbil's (or was it Dr Pirate?) screams at being denied 10,000 posts after making a thread to celebrate it

:)
    Good, hopefully I'll look a little less sad.

BTW how do you change your user name and the thing under the user name? I don't want to be a supreme poster it sounds odd.
    I'm not sure, maybe it's related to that other forum he has? It's a rip-off of here :p
    You simply ask for a change - and you suggest an alternative

I think NMM left because he felt a user was being bullied into having an abortion in the relationships forum.
    Thought I hadn't seen him around.

Tbh I have no idea what my post count is so wouldn't have noticed!
    To be fair the database should register most of NMM's posts - it messed up bigtime last night but hopefully is being repaired as we speak and his posts should remain marked as being posted by 'Guest' - as long as the database rebuilds correctly.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I'm not sure, maybe it's related to that other forum he has? It's a rip-off of here :p

yeah right. All discussion boards are a rip off of thesite. :rolleyes:
    Jim V wrote: »
    You simply ask for a change - and you suggest an alternative

I think NMM left because he felt a user was being bullied into having an abortion in the relationships forum.

Thats a shame
    Well to be fair as Shyboy mentioned he left a long time ago this was simply his request to remove his account.
    Do people actually keep track of their postcount then?! I couldn't tell you to the nearest thousand what mine was without looking.
    its six thousand miff.
    Oh and now the database is fixed you can see NMM's explanation for asking for his account to be changed yourself (it's called to jim & thesite buddies)
    Well to be fair as Shyboy mentioned he left a long time ago this was simply his request to remove his account.

There were quite a few things that pissed him off tbh.
    The abortion thing on alasias thread I think was the final straw.
    its six thousand miff.

Yeah, I know that now, cause I looked when I read this thread! :p

Before that it could've been anything, I wouldn't have known the difference.
    And to think I had 74,000 posts yesterday!
    i just lost 50 posts!!!!11!!! :crazyeyes :shocking:

;)
    yeah right. All discussion boards are a rip off of thesite. :rolleyes:

No need to get touchy, I only glanced at it the once (can't remember where the link came from) and the forums had the some of the same headings and some of the same sub-headings - it was a joke.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I already deleted that counting thread - I can still hear Gerbil's (or was it Dr Pirate?) screams at being denied 10,000 posts after making a thread to celebrate it

:)
    'twas Gerbil :p
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    No need to get touchy, I only glanced at it the once (can't remember where the link came from) and the forums had the some of the same headings and some of the same sub-headings - it was a joke.

Must admit, Politics and debate forum has the same name, as does the waste time one.

Didnt mean to be touchy, but I just dont think its anything like here, havent ripped anything off, dont have the same topics or anything. Just thought you were being mean.
    I don't know if I lost any posts as I don't know my original post count. Do people actually pay that much attention to post counts that they would notice a change?
    Is anybody that bothered ?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    OMG ME ME ME!

Ahem.
    I was more concerned that people could have lost 1000's - and they tend to get more bothered when that happens, since the numbers lost have been marginal - for everyone but Yerascrote :p no one will be that bothered.
    RubberSkin wrote: »

I am. I want my sad bastard count to get smaller;)
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    'twas Gerbil :p

'twas indeed, that original celebration thread still makes me laugh. I felt so sorry for him I made him a thread when he did re-hit 10,000. :p