Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Obsessive Compulsive Dissorder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I heard somewhere everyone has to a small degree this dissorser, it's just magnified in sufferers. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it, are there self diagnosis? I've read the article in the helth channel here, searched yahoo, but can't find that much info. I'm concerned about my friend I posted a few weeks back, he's very obsessive about his light switches in order, he's been watching some alarming choices in films and tv which he says he does not because he wants to but because he feels compelled to watching them. I just windered if I cold convince him may be with a test or something he'd go with me to his dr. Any Ideas?

"Children are like washing powders, some are biological, some are non-biological" ~David Badiel~

Comments

• Options
    We have some basic information here that might be of some use: http://www.thesite.org/health/headstate/obsessive_compulsive_disorder.html
  • Options
    Originally posted by Persil:
    I heard somewhere everyone has to a small degree this dissorser, it's just magnified in sufferers.

*trying to think* really should pay attention during my psyc. classes ok I do know that what u read is to everybody has some degree and I do know that if the dissorder effects the way a person lives his/her life then it is a serious dissorder and needs help um thats how u tell as for your friend if what he is doing changes the way he function in everyday way then it is a problem like if he stays him from work to watch the switches (sorry i didn't excatly get what he actually does) then that would be a serious problem same thing foe just being scared of something and phobia's being scared of crossing the street for ex: is u get nervious crossing a street but u can still do itif u have to now if u have dromophobia then your to scard of crossing the street u can't even get to the grocery store that changes the way u would normally functun and that would be a serious problem

ok I suck at explaining stuff if i could only fingd my notes he talked about this soooo long :rollingeyes: if i find them i'll tell u Persil I'm sure there is stuff on the net giveme a while to find it

lol how do I pass my classes

I know I'm not perfect but I can smile