Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My good god

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was virtually incapacitated by a hangover on Friday - I was on my brother's floor until 4pm, before having to head home to get ready to go out again. My brother had to throw a sickie. I wasn't even that drunk and so I am a bit confused as to why I got such a pasting.

I never suffer that during a comedown. Ever. Although having coke after a drinking session sometimes gave me a kicking headache... I don't do that any more as it's just crap. Not a fan of coke - overpriced and overrated IMO.
  • Options
    you're startin to sound like a lightweight blagsta :D
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    The only people I hear that from are people who haven't been doing pills for very long. Believe me, they get worse.

Been doing them for about 5 years now, and hangovers have become awful. Sometimes i'll literally be throwing up all day long, shivering, splitting headache, paranoia, the whole works.

Comedowns don't last for an entire week for me :confused: i'll be tried and spacey for a few days, although lack of food and sleep would account for a lot of that too, and might get a bit down but nowhere as much as i am used to. Plenty of sleep and 5-htp seem to do the trick.

I'd rather have couple of days of mild side affects to an entire day of being debilitated by a hangover. At lest with a comedown i can function if i need to, which ain't the case with booze.,
  • Options
    Ive been doing pills for a good few months now. I already feel like I've been on some life long journey since taking em'.

Don't think Ive experienced a 'serious' comedown from E as of yet. Though, that speed pill was another story. Horrible.

Ecstasy is a sweet feeling! But be careful! Make sure you don't jump in the deep end like I did. I did one the first time, 5 the next night! Its hard to see what there doing to you, until you realize your everyday common sense and logic is thrown out the door.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate; Yes it can be very enjoyable, but they do come with risks, and its best to give them respect. If you use heavily and frequently the high will change, the experience wont be as good and the comedown will get worse.
  • Options
    What he said ^^

But in the mean time does this mean we can go on family clubbing outings.

Also where where you when you took them?
  • Options
    Been doing them for about 5 years now, and hangovers have become awful. Sometimes i'll literally be throwing up all day long, shivering, splitting headache, paranoia, the whole works.

Comedowns don't last for an entire week for me :confused: i'll be tried and spacey for a few days, although lack of food and sleep would account for a lot of that too, and might get a bit down but nowhere as much as i am used to. Plenty of sleep and 5-htp seem to do the trick.

I'd rather have couple of days of mild side affects to an entire day of being debilitated by a hangover. At lest with a comedown i can function if i need to, which ain't the case with booze.,

I think it took about 7 or 8 years of use for my comedowns to get bad.
  • Options
    The first time I tried E was my 16th birthday, I was a bit tipsy and a guy just gave me some in a club so I took half. Didn't even think of the health risks tbh, they are so small that it didn't really bother me.

The most I've ever taken is 1, I'm quite small though so 1 is prob enough for me.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    The most I've ever taken is 1, I'm quite small though so 1 is prob enough for me.

If you can take 1 and have a good night then thats great, its better for your brain that way, the heat generated by higher doses and the length of the high are big factors in neuron damage.
  • Options
    hmm yeah pills are great now and then, i was actually more put off by seeing mates do 7-8 a night and having savage comedowns, the most i ever did was 4 in one go and i wasn't too bad like....plus the fact i don't go raving as much these days so the opportunity isn't there, i don't see the point of doing it if i'm just going out to a pub/club, like some people i know. i would still like to try mdma someday though but pills have lost a bit of their magic for me, so i guess you should enjoy it while it lasts pirate :thumb:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    budda wrote: »
    Dr Pirate; Yes it can be very enjoyable, but they do come with risks, and its best to give them respect. If you use heavily and frequently the high will change, the experience wont be as good and the comedown will get worse.
    Cheers Bong, I always find your advice helpful :)

I don't think I'll be taking 2 next time, probably just one.
    Wyetry wrote:
    But in the mean time does this mean we can go on family clubbing outings.

also where where you when you took them?
    Yes it does :D

I was at the Electric Ballroom, twas fun :D
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Cheers Bong, I always find your advice helpful :)

I don't think I'll be taking 2 next time, probably just one.

Yes it does :D

I was at the Electric Ballroom, twas fun :D

OMG i'm so excited - lets go out and play!!!
  • Options
    I used to know someone who would take somewhere between 10-15 in the space of 24 hours to get any sort of effect as her tolerence was so high. :no: She did have a bit of an overall drug problem though.

I found the come down from MDMA to be a lot worse then the E comedown though.

hmmm sounds like how i used to be!!! off it all now tho :) when u have lost a few jobs and are crying over spilling cornflakes on the floor on a tuesday morning you know you have to quit...:yes: much happier now!
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I feel the MDMA comedown is alot stronger. Its been along time since i last done that but i remember i could feel it in my system 3 days later. I haven't really indulged in to any pills over the last 6 months, as i don't seem to go out no more there isn't really much point in doing them. However i bet things change in the summer
  • Options
    I use to enjoy doing pills. These days i dont really enjoy my time on them all that much, and the come downs are awful.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is some very useful information on Erowid in their MDMA vault, starting with the Basics.

The amount of pills some of you are taking is a bit concerning. I wonder if there is a lack of understanding about the way MDMA and E work. Once you have reached the maximum dosage and the chemicals in your brain have been released, re-dosing does nothing but increase the negative side effects. You won't feel the same effects after the original dose. Taking 10 pills in one night only increases the damage you are doing to your brain and body.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote: »
    I wonder if there is a lack of understanding about the way MDMA and E work. Once you have reached the maximum dosage and the chemicals in your brain have been released, re-dosing does nothing but increase the negative side effects. You won't feel the same effects after the original dose. Taking 10 pills in one night only increases the damage you are doing to your brain and body.

i still think thats a load of shite, i can safely say i get fairly more whopped from 10 pills than 3 any day.. and yes the negative effects also increase when you start taking the piss, but its wrong to say theres no difference!

and you won't feel the same effects after the orignal dose? theres been many a time where ive been a lot more flyin later on in the night.. so i also disagree

and this whole taking halves and single pills does nothing for me.. yea yea im sure i was just gettin shitty pills but i dont see how this is the case if lots of other people who are takin the same pills are getting rightly fucked .. im putting it down to some sort of natural tolerance.. i need twice the amount as some people to get the same effects (yet a lot of the time i wont feel any worse than them the next day)
  • Options
    If that's the case, I doubt you actually know what an MDMA buzz is actually like. Cane that amount of pills and you're getting more of a speed buzz.
  • Options
    oh its an mdma buzz all right.. hell of a one at that ;)
  • Options
    Sometime i just think you really dont have a clue or take the piss alot... no offence like

Read up on how MDMA works if you like. Or stay ignorant, up to you, I don't really give a fuck tbh.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I have to agree with Blagsta.

After around 6 decent pills, they begin to have very little effect.

Of course if you have pills containg a mixture of chemicals there's every cahnce they may continue to get you more and more fucked.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    They keep you awake longer, but that's about it IME.
  • Options
    I find after 5/6 pills you just get a more "fucked" feeling, drags the buzz out more. No rushes or coming up sense, just that sense that you're well and truly fucked. Definately gives you a harsher comedown but sure it's worth it at the time.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I find after 5/6 pills you just get a more "fucked" feeling, drags the buzz out more. No rushes or coming up sense, just that sense that you're well and truly fucked. Definately gives you a harsher comedown but sure it's worth it at the time.

Which is exactly what Blagsta is saying, you will still feel the pills, but stumbling around not being able to string three words together isnt really what MDMA is for.
  • Options
    I think most peopel have gone through the 10+ a night stage, well most people I know anyway
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I have to agree with Blagsta.

After around 6 decent pills, they begin to have very little effect.

Of course if you have pills containg a mixture of chemicals there's every cahnce they may continue to get you more and more fucked.

Exactly, when I used to take large amounts of pills, I'd always try and get different pills. For example, when I did my max of 18 pills in a night last summer, I was tripple dropping one pink Kangaroo, one X-Factor triangle and one Double Cherry each time.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    last time i took drugs was friday and i felt really happy yesterday and even happier today. i didn't feel ill in the slightest just tired through lack of sleep. i think its because i enjoy myself so much when im out that the feeling carries on through the weekend.

Well the comedown and even the PMT didn't arrive :D I've just been happy happy :D
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Which is exactly what Blagsta is saying, you will still feel the pills, but stumbling around not being able to string three words together isnt really what MDMA is for.

i still completely disagree .. 6 - 8 is a good number to get me up and flying.. and im not stumbling around or lying on the floor chewing my eye brows, im on the same level as most other people.. and when i start taking more it keeps the buzz going

i can relate to e's having no effect, but thats at the end of the night or the next morning when you're down and you're not getting back up properly.. but in the first loada hours it keeps bringing you up up up

i can remember taking shy of 8 in an hour (silly dick sizing contest) and i can assure you i was buzzing alright, and it was an immense buzz compared to 2 or 3

so aye my theory is that it doesnt change from an mdma buzz to more of a speedy buzz until you've rid it out and been flyin for a good 6 or 7 hours, then yes, all its doin is keeping you up and kicking .. disagree all you like im speaking from the unfortunate expierence of doing in week in week out, mightnt apply to everyone but thats the way it worked for me

and blagsta..fair enough you've been at it for far longer but from reading your posts i gather you only ever take small amounts at a time, which is more sensible, but doesnt really put you in a position to argue about large amounts
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    I think most peopel have gone through the 10+ a night stage, well most people I know anyway

tbh, its the younger generation that seem to. Most people my age will get up to 5 over a weekend. However it often involves copious amounts of alcohol too.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    and blagsta..fair enough you've been at it for far longer but from reading your posts i gather you only ever take small amounts at a time, which is more sensible, but doesnt really put you in a position to argue about large amounts

I don't have to inject crack to be able to give harm reduction advice about it to clients at work...