Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My good god

Comments

• Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    lipsy wrote: »
    maybe he meant 2 in total rather than at once
    Yeah it was 2 over the course of the night, not at once :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Yeah it was 2 over the course of the night, not at once :p

Still a lot for your first time. Took me about 5 years to move from doing more than one a night (although they were £15 each when I started).
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Still a lot for your first time. Took me about 5 years to move from doing more than one a night (although they were £15 each when I started).
    I'll probably only do 1 next time, but I really enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    My point still stands.
    i took 2 on my first time in halves. i took it at about midnight and went home at 10am. i don't think thats too much at all! first time or not.
  • Options
    Doing halves is sensible. However, I would suggest that starting off taking a high amount is only going to push your tolerance right up. That's how people end up takign stupid amounts, like 10 pills in one night.
  • Options
    My tolerance has went up to 5/6 pills a night. It's so shite now.

I'm meant to be having MDMA for Tuesday but I'm not doing anything. I don't even enjoy it much anymore.

Plus I told one of my oldest mates everything I've ever done and he was really, really, REALLY disappointed in me.

He's never ever been so pissed off at me in his life, so I really need to stop.
  • Options
    Doing halves is sensible. However, I would suggest that starting off taking a high amount is only going to push your tolerance right up. That's how people end up takign stupid amounts, like 10 pills in one night.

i think thats more to do with people not being sensible and just eating them all up.

i started taking them the beginning of last year and i still only take 3 pills in one night, occassionally 4. i start with a full one and then top it up by halves.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I'm meant to be having MDMA for Tuesday but I'm not doing anything. I don't even enjoy it much anymore..

yeah take a break from it if you're feeling like that. i did after new year for 3-4 weeks.
    Plus I told one of my oldest mates everything I've ever done and he was really, really, REALLY disappointed in me.
    unfortunately there are some people you can't tell. :( i could never tell ym old housemates because they would go mental and just wouldn't understand. my mates here at home just let me get on with it though.
  • Options
    i think thats more to do with people not being sensible and just eating them all up.

i started taking them the beginning of last year and i still only take 3 pills in one night, occassionally 4. i start with a full one and then top it up by halves.

That's quite a lot to be taking in one night, after only a year.
  • Options
    yeah take a break from it if you're feeling like that. i did after new year for 3-4 weeks.

Even after a month or so I still needed about 5/6 pills to feel even a mild buzz. My mouth was chewed to fuck, my lips red raw. It's just seriously not worth it now, I miss just getting happy on booze. Cheaper, too.
    unfortunately there are some people you can't tell. :( i could never tell ym old housemates because they would go mental and just wouldn't understand. my mates here at home just let me get on with it though.

I know, it's really killing me that he's not replied to my email. I lost my fucking phone on Thursday night so I can't even phone him/text him or owt.

Ugh, I couldn't bear to lose him as a mate. I can't even feel sorry for myself as it's all my fault. :(

Wah.
  • Options
    That's quite a lot to be taking in one night, after only a year.

well i disagree :)
  • Options
    Fairynuff.
  • Options
    I've been doing them on/off for a year or so, and I still only need 1/2 pills a night.

Saying that, I don't do it every weekend, I do it maybe once a month? I chose to do it that way so I didn't build up a daft tolerence - a mate of mine got to the point of eating about 15 a night, which is fucking ridiculous.

ETA ... DrPirate - this is where all the fun starts now :thumb: enjoy!
  • Options
    end up doing them mysle f evcery weekend, magic still there and with these new organge d+gs i feel reborn.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I been getting them at 80p a pop these last couple of weeks, and I've been caining them. Bad really.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've always found hangovers to be worse than a comedown.

I suppose it's because I've been getting progressively worse hangovers; being ill the next day, splitting headache, all things I never used to get when I was young un.

Comedowns are relatively tolerable. VinylVicky mentioned the horrible taste in the mouth, and for me, that's the worst part :yuck:. I don't actually get the depressed feeling usually till about Wednesday, but unless I've got lots on at uni, it usually doesn't get on top of me.

I'm just talking about pills though. Speed comedowns are brutal and can last for weeks IME, and with MDMA powder it's best to know that the higher you go, the harder you fall.
  • Options
    I'd prefer feeling bad for 1 day with a hangover instead of the next 3 days or whatever on a comedown.. I get depressed with hangovers too but at least its gone at the latest by the time u go to bed.
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    I'd prefer feeling bad for 1 day with a hangover instead of the next 3 days or whatever on a comedown.. I get depressed with hangovers too but at least its gone at the latest by the time u go to bed.

i absolutely hate hangovers. i feel so ill all day and i also get this paranoid feeling. i think thats because you don't really know what you're doing when you're drunk and my memory is always pretty hazy too. so i'm always thinking shit did i make a fool out of myself etc -its all very irrational.

last time i took drugs was friday and i felt really happy yesterday and even happier today. i didn't feel ill in the slightest just tired through lack of sleep. i think its because i enjoy myself so much when im out that the feeling carries on through the weekend.
  • Options
    so you don't really get a comedown apart from being tired? A lot of people seem to really hate comedowns, i guess it depends on the person!

I know what you mean about the hangovers though, it has to be a decent night for the feeling the next day to be worth it... I just think i couldnt be arsed with feeling as down as I do on a hangover (which i know will be gone the next day) for 3 days or however long its gonna last on a proper come down :/
  • Options
    I'm the same - I'm just a bit tired for a couple of days and a bit spaced out. I put that down to lack of food as I always improve massively once I've eaten loads.

I rarely get the feeling down thing.

Some people I know just cry randomly for days though...
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    so you don't really get a comedown apart from being tired? A lot of people seem to really hate comedowns, i guess it depends on the person!

I know what you mean about the hangovers though, it has to be a decent night for the feeling the next day to be worth it... I just think i couldnt be arsed with feeling as down as I do on a hangover (which i know will be gone the next day) for 3 days or however long its gonna last on a proper come down :/

I've only been doing them for a year so I feel fine. Sometimes I think i feel a bit crappy say Tuesday or Wenesday but other times I don't notice. I would let you know how I feel this week but I'll probably have PMT so won't be able to tell :p

I have a friend who has cained them for years and he gets really down for a few days. But he reckons hes just a melancholy person anyway. But yeh, everyone is different.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I'm the same - I'm just a bit tired for a couple of days and a bit spaced out. I put that down to lack of food as I always improve massively once I've eaten loads.

I rarely get the feeling down thing.

Same.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    I've always found hangovers to be worse than a comedown.

You've got to be kidding. A hangover lasts one day. A comedown lasts all week.
  • Options
    You've got to be kidding. A hangover lasts one day. A comedown lasts all week.

Depends though doesnt it, everyone is different!

I think a bad hangover is far worse than a come down.
    After taking pills I feel a bit shitty and demotivated the next day, but thats the worst of it really, after that I just get a bit tired for a couple days after... but I dont see that as being such a bad thing compared to a bad hang over.

A bad hang over for me now is horrible, its like a massive migrane, feeling like i'm going to be sick every 5 mines etc etc...
  • Options
    The only people I hear that from are people who haven't been doing pills for very long. Believe me, they get worse.
  • Options
    The only people I hear that from are people who haven't been doing pills for very long. Believe me, they get worse.

fair play... I have been doing pills for about 2 years, but I have never cained it...
    I did have my spells of doing it alot, but genrally it was about once a month, and I dont do stupid amount when i do it either... most I have ever done at once is 8... avarage I do is 4-5...
  • Options
    It's often the reason why people quit completely.
  • Options
    I've been doing pills for maybe 5 years, sometimes taking it easy, sometimes week in, week out. I don't tend to find the comedowns bad - again it's just catching up on sleep after 48 hours without that gets me. I'm usually fine by about Wednesday.

I will admit that I usually restrict the biggest nights to a Friday night, carrying on through until Saturday, giving myself Sunday to recoup. When I'm not working I just can't afford to be off the ball.

I've done a couple of big sessions ending up at Wrong @ Herbal in Shoreditch... Finished up there at about midnight on the Sunday. There's people do that every week. I just can't imagine doing that and being in any fit state for work on the Monday.
  • Options

I've been doing pills over ten years and still find a bad hangover to be more unpleasant. Though your right in the fact my comedowns have become progressively worse. I never get these midweek blues people talk of.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    /