Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dream Journal.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone else keep one of these things? Started one about a week ago, been having trouble with it though because I can never remember what happened after I wake up.

Comments

• Options
    I can never remember mine, part from the seuxal ones :lol:
  • Options
    yeah, but those are the ones that are really worth remembering.
  • Options
    I sometimes write mine down. They're often weird and complex.

Never really understood the point of keeping dream journals though... Is there one?
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    I can never remember mine, part from the seuxal ones :lol:

Haha, me too. Then I spend all day thinking about them :o
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I sometimes write mine down. They're often weird and complex.

Never really understood the point of keeping dream journals though... Is there one?

Some people use it for therapy, sort of a window to the sub-conscious. Or you just do it for fun because weird random shit happens in dreams.
  • Options
    i write mine down the second i wake up. im fascinated by dreams, and mine often turn out to be complex, and occasionaly, aspects of them return.

like the week where every night, i dreamt i did this hand sign and i could control water.
  • Options
    We were told to do one for a psych class I had once but I could also never remember dreams. On a good day I can remember that I dreamed but not a thing about it.

But then there are dreams I had reaccuringly when I was little that I can still remember.
  • Options
    Heyoka wrote: »
    i write mine down the second i wake up. im fascinated by dreams, and mine often turn out to be complex, and occasionaly, aspects of them return.

like the week where every night, i dreamt i did this hand sign and i could control water.

dude, that's a pretty sweet theme for a dream. I actualy have been having one for the last month where (with the exception of 1 or 2 times) my ex-girlfriend always shows up every night.
  • Options
    When I was really ill a few years ago I had endless dreams about tornados which were rather disturbing.
  • Options
    I've always want to experience lucid dreaming. where you're dreaming, but you're kinda aware you're dreaming and can control what happens
  • Options
    I've always want to experience lucid dreaming. where you're dreaming, but you're kinda aware you're dreaming and can control what happens

I've had a few dreams where I'm aware that I'm dreaming... But not been in control of what happens... yet. When I get those I tend to wake myself up though, cos I'll talk or cry or laugh
    (Once woke myself in hysterics because I'd just done an impression of a fish in my dream and woke up because my brain realised I'd actually done the face in in my sleep... and I obviously found it amusing.)
  • Options

Ohh i love those, i always have them when i'm laid in bed and i start imagining how i'd want things to be and control it then i drift off and it carries on.
  • Options
    ahh, my second water control dream was like that. i was getting chanced by something, and i started to tinhk "come on damnit, what was that sign from that dream?!?" and eventually found it.
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever experienced it, I've daydreamed which you can control obviously but I've always been awake.

As for a dream journal, I think they would be quite interesting. We've studied this in psychology. But most people forget their dreams as dreaming only occurs in REM sleep. There's all sorts of books and things out there that try to interperet them.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Look in my sig ;)

I make a point of writing as much as I remember from a dream, unless it's very little.
  • Options

Try this.

http://www.insomnium.co.uk/text/luciddreaming.htm
  • Options
    ooo thanks. looks interesting :thumb: