Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ipod Nano Vista Drivers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Your see more vista threads with me around people!

Dont supouse anyone knows where i can get them? I've had alook around apples site and i cant find anything to do with vista drivers!

Are they the same?

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    PENISES. No more Vista threads. :(

It doesn't support it as standard because, oh wait, Vista is SHIT.

Try the Cripple, erm, Apple, website, and the Microshaft website too. God, you own TWO bad products now.:impissed:

Failing that, try installing the XP ones regardless.

;p
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    Failing that, try installing the XP ones;p

Thought of that, dont supouse you have them to hand?:flirt:
  • Options
    Apple recommend you use XP, as Vista support for iTunes isn't final yet. Because vista sucks.
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    Apple recommend you use XP

Where does it say that? i been hunting for the XP drivers and honestly i can not find them!:crying:
  • Options
    Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:wave:
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    Because vista sucks.

:lol:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Thought of that, dont supouse you have them to hand?:flirt:

I wouldn't buy an iCod unless it was like, £20. AT MOST.

I love how much me and noog have bost commented on the fact that VISTA IS TERRIBLE.

This should be the overiding theme of any Vista thread generated in this forum now.
  • Options
    *boo you both!*

By the way, no luck with the drivers!
  • Options
    *boo you both!*

By the way, no luck with the drivers!

:rolleyes: God, you think Vista would come with built in driver support for something so popular as iPods! How shockingly terrible it doesn't!
  • Options
    no more vista threads please. for the love of god. you're becoming slightly worrying!
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    no more vista threads please. for the love of god. you're becoming slightly worrying!

Oh dont worry i have another one just waiting to pop out once im finished with the Ipod one:)

Where does windows store the "Driver" details, because i can use my XP Computer and copy them can i not?:chin:
  • Options
    There is a mini solution I found for you.

For iTunes:

While authorizing your computer to play your purchased songs iTunes will say everything was successful but you will still not be able to play your songs. Why? Because iTunes is being bad and trying to write to a part of the registry that a normal user does not have access to.

Currently Apple has said they are working on a Vista compatible version of iTunes. For now, there is a work around that will help you play your purchased songs in iTunes:

Right click on your iTunes shortcut and select Properties.
    Click on the Compatibility tab.
    Check the Run as an Administrator box on the bottom of the screen and hit OK.

For the iPod Nano:

The only way to get some usefulness out of second gen iPod Nano in Vista was like this:

Hook it up to a Windows XP PC with the latest iTunes.
    Restore the iPod to factory settings and do a clean format.
    Once complete don?t sync anything, just check the manually manage iPod box.
    Plug into Vista PC with clean iTunes installation.
    Try and sync podcasts. This works but attempting to do so with any music playlists doesn?t. You can however drag over the playlists you need manually.

Might help you out in the short run.
  • Options
    There is a mini solution I found for you.

For iTunes:

While authorizing your computer to play your purchased songs iTunes will say everything was successful but you will still not be able to play your songs. Why? Because iTunes is being bad and trying to write to a part of the registry that a normal user does not have access to.

Currently Apple has said they are working on a Vista compatible version of iTunes. For now, there is a work around that will help you play your purchased songs in iTunes:

Right click on your iTunes shortcut and select Properties.
    Click on the Compatibility tab.
    Check the Run as an Administrator box on the bottom of the screen and hit OK.

You copied all that for nothing.

Ill see about the other thing - Its abit too long winded for my liking

Also on my daily news travel i found this which to me sounds like Apple are trying to stop people from Upgrading to windows vista!!!

http://news.com.com/Apple+to+Windows+iTunes+users+Dont+install+Vista+yet/2100-1027_3-6155817.html?tag=nefd.top
  • Options
    Yeah sorry mate. The upper one worked a treat as I couldn't play a damn thing, but I added it just in case it created furhter issues from the bottom bit.

Good luck with it and let me know if it worked.
  • Options
    You copied all that for nothing.

Ill see about the other thing - Its abit too long winded for my liking

Also on my daily news travel i found this which to me sounds like Apple are trying to stop people from Upgrading to windows vista!!!

http://news.com.com/Apple+to+Windows+iTunes+users+Dont+install+Vista+yet/2100-1027_3-6155817.html?tag=nefd.top

They have a reason too , they dont support it yet so theres less threads and complaints about apple not releasing it fast enough towards apple.
  • Options
    More like they are trying to get people not to buy vista for awhile
  • Options
    You didn't actually expect Apple to have the morals Microsoft doesn't? They are both big corporations, they will both be cunts.

Glad I bought a Chinese Nano copy that not only uses default Windows drivers, it also plays Video and was only £30! ace!
  • Options
    You didn't actually expect Apple to have the morals Microsoft doesn't? They are both big corporations, they will both be cunts.

Glad I bought a Chinese Nano copy that not only uses default Windows drivers, it also plays Video and was only £30! ace!

Still good you keeping the "nano" there haha

Well did'nt think about that but there must be somewhere, where windows XP Stores the Drivers?
  • Options
    C:/WINDOWS/System32/Drivers/

?
  • Options
    Matteh wrote: »
    C:/WINDOWS/System32/Drivers/

?

Why could you not of told me this on MSN - Ill look when im on an XP Computer
  • Options
    Why could you not of told me this on MSN - Ill look when im on an XP Computer

HA! HA!

XP pwns Vista LOLOLOLOOLOLOL.

Erm, nah. Couldn't you just like, dual boot it? Wouldn't that be so much easier - dual boot with 2k and Vista?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    HA! HA!

XP pwns Vista LOLOLOLOOLOLOL.

Erm, nah. Couldn't you just like, dual boot it? Wouldn't that be so much easier - dual boot with 2k and Vista?
    Nah, he got an update. And since it's a legal copy of XP...
  • Options
    And since it's a legal copy of XP...

Mwhah! I love my LEGAL stuff:flirt:

Ill just try it when i've got time which is no time today >.<

I have a ton of IT work to get done by the 8th.
  • Options
    Ipod nano and vista

I was having the same problem and then I found a site with a link to a site with a windows update that is needed for your ipod to work. Make sure that you uninstall all applications of itunes and quicktime, look for anything that says apple and uninstall them. Then go to the link below and download this update. Restart your computer then hook your ipod to your computer, go to computer on desktop and your ipod should show up as a drive (mine was K: drive) then download the latest version of itunes. This should work.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936824/en-us
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, but this thread was to address an issue in 2007!