Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So I've had a shit month...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been screwed out of a grand and now need to find another job to be able to afford to live, somebody's gf has been bombarding me with messages and now I suspect keeps pranking me (who else would it be?).. I'm snowed under with work to do, people have noticed my change in mood, I hardly see some of my best friends anymore... I don't know what's wrong with me.

My passion is gong down the drain. I'm sick of being asked to do all this environmental stuff, I just don't feel passionate about it at the moment, nor do I feel particularly passionate about my course.... Or anything.

I'm normally a happy bouncy loving person, but since January I've been shit. I sometimes wonder if I have done something to deserve being screwed over and dicked about, like not being a good enough friend or not working hard enough.

I just want to go home, to forget all about this, but with my timetable this year I can't, plus I need another job on top of my current one.

I know I'm not a great person, I know I don't deserve the world, but this must be Karma or something. I don't have anyone I can talk to who'd understand either, tbh I don't trust people anymore.

I know this sounds self-pitying (which again, is not like me), but if anybody can offer advice or cheer me up, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    talk to your mum. she wouoldn't want you to go through this alone.
    lipsy wrote: »
    talk to your mum. she wouoldn't want you to go through this alone.
    Yeah... But tbh I don't know if I can go anywhere where I have the privacy to.
    thats works.

about the prank: if you tihnk shes prnking you, then just ignore her. you cant fall for anything if you shut her out.

and im sure youve been a fine friend and worked as hard as you possibly could. none of this is your fault, its just some eople go through a time where things just kind of suck for a while.

itll get btter soon.
    I guess... If anything, I guess I feel sorry for her and hope that one day she feels more comfortable with herself so she doesn't have to be like this with people. Anger is a horrible thing, I don't know why I let people get to me.

I'l be Ok... Just having a moan I guess. If anything, I've learnt a lot this month about how people can be. Maybe it's better to feel pain than be ignorant of what people can be like.
    yea... the shit always gathers together and come in one pounding then. I do know that.

What you have to do it resolve every problem one by one. don't look at the entirety of the trouble, this brings you down. Little feelings of success is what is necessary now: Get the praking stuff fixed. You can even bring the police into that.

my little sister has been pranking someone and got herself in a shit storm, because we nearly had a lawsuit because of it. She sure as hell will leave that. I might be an "eye for an eye" person, but I am having none of that. Teach her a lesson, especially since she's a nutjob and doesn't do it to "punish" you for your sins.

I did not quite get your being fucked over the 1000pound thingy. Is there no way to get it back? Who did you borrow it? An aquaintance or was it some kind of scam?

Resolve everything bit by bit, this is the only way I make it through uni. If I'd compared myself to all the eggheads who have a multiple of passed exams already, I'd make myself miserable. Keep it slow, achieve your success and the passion and motivation comes back in no time.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    yea... the shit always gathers together and come in one pounding then. I do know that.

What you have to do it resolve every problem one by one. don't look at the entirety of the trouble, this brings you down. Little feelings of success is what is necessary now: Get the praking stuff fixed. You can even bring the police into that.

my little sister has been pranking someone and got herself in a shit storm, because we nearly had a lawsuit because of it. She sure as hell will leave that. I might be an "eye for an eye" person, but I am having none of that. Teach her a lesson, especially since she's a nutjob and doesn't do it to "punish" you for your sins.

I did not quite get your being fucked over the 1000pound thingy. Is there no way to get it back? Who did you borrow it? An aquaintance or was it some kind of scam?

Resolve everything bit by bit, this is the only way I make it through uni. If I'd compared myself to all the eggheads who have a multiple of passed exams already, I'd make myself miserable. Keep it slow, achieve your success and the passion and motivation comes back in no time.

Money issue.

Yeah... I don't want to punish her tho, if anything she'll keep on treating people bad and end up hurt for it. It isn't my place to punish her, but if she eventually gets too annoying I'll have to get her off my back.
    Totally off topic but i read the thread title as ... Iv'e had shit in my mouth.

Anyway i hope everything gets better for you, i'm sure it will do *hugs*
    These things do come and go, sometimes things can be really shit - but just keep in mind what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that jazz.

Trust is a weird thing, but try not to see it as being black and white. It's a gradual thing and you've just to accept that sometimes people do shitty things and it'd be a shame if it held you back from trusting other people.

You will get to where you want to be eventually though :)